Transformers 2 (SPOILER MINEFIELD)

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Thanks for the great info TT! I will make note of it all when I go watch two or three more times! :D
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

LOL nice TT :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

itsprimetime wrote:Devastator-The biggest waste of computer graphics ever. ILM blew up a computer to make him, and he was in the film for maybe 5 minutes, and then is easily taken down by some experimental weapon no one has ever heard of.
The Rail gun concept has been around for 30 years now. And the navy has had a working one for almost 20 years... although it looks nothing like the one in the movie.
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Yay fictitiousness to make railguns look cool!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Five Most unnecessary moments:

1. Dog humping
2. Dog humping
3. Pot brownies
4. Simmons' thong
5. Dev's wrecking balls

Five Fave Quotes:
1. If God made us in His image, you gotta wonder... Who made HIM? (this was completely overshadowed by the dog humping)

2. "You're a soldier, you get paid to shoot, not talk." "Don't tempt me."

3. "Fate rarely calls upon us at a time of our choosing." This one is Prime wisdom at its finest, right up there with "One shall stand, one shall fall." (see next)

4. Prime's spiel at the end, concluding with "And now... YOU fall."

5. "But sometimes... cowards survive."

HONORABLE MENTION:
"I hope those pilots have good aim..... I told them to hit the orange smoke."
"You mean THAT orange smoke?"
"It wasn't my best toss, a'ight?"

And five scenes:

1. Chasing Sideways: The old chinese guy, the sisters' fighting style, Sideswipe slicing him in half

2. The Prime debriefing scene: Source of some of my fave quotes! Also, they use the 10 bazillion pieces in Prime's face to make him a good actor. I was impressed!

3. The forest fight. Hardcore.

4. Ravage puking ball bearings. I love it. Also, his tactics in providing ranged cover fire for knifeman was pretty cool.

5. And, since I didn't use his quotes in my quote five, the Jetfire parts. All of them. Especially his beard scraping the ground when he leans down to talk to Sam. Last but not least, "I'm too old for this crap!"
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

i thought they based him from pirates of the carabian, jetfire sparrow anyone? savvy?
The past is the greatest teacher
Shrapnel
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Shrapnel »

Time Traveller wrote:I was a bit sad that they killed off sideways so fast,...
I second that one. I love the look of the Sideways character and was disappointed that we didn't see much of him (he was in 'bot mode for all of a couple of seconds in that chase scene).
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

So I saw it the first time and it was cool. However the second time was kinda meh. Then I go see it for the first time in our new state-of-the-art 100%thx certified grand balcony section theater, with a peter parker themed alcoholic beverage in hand lol. WOW!!!! It was way better than both times of seeing it. The sound and largest screen in the state blew me away. The opening THX sound test is the coolest thing ever. The bass rattles the floor throughout the theater.The forrest fight sounds were unbelievable. Everyone should go to this theater...EVERYONE! Great stuff.
R.I.P. Menasor
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Sorry, DB, i'd love to, but it's a little far. There's a 3d Imax only 5 hours from here, I think I'd have to stop there first :P
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I didn't even have a chance to fight back ...
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

lol! that's just someone in a different multiverse who shares your name... besides, his package bio says he was a big coward :P
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I'm far from a coward. 8)
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

Thinking along the topic of 'someone in a different multiverse who shares your name', has anyone else noticed how Ratchet doesn't seem to be that great a medic in these films?
I mean he has trouble fixing BBs voice (has been working on it awhile supposedly) and even though at the end of the first film it seems to be working again (Possibly Ratchet, but then maybe the all-spark?) it is now back to being broken in the second one. Admitidly Sam does say the BB is playing it up a bit, but that still means that its broken again.
Next we come onto the subjet of Jazz. Ratchet tried to save the 'bot but couldn't, however the films seem to show us that decapitation isn't really that fatal to all the other Transformers as Bonecrusher (or at least a 'con that looks just like him) is back in ROTF even though he lost his head in the fight against Prime.
Now to find a decent medic you clearly have to go to the Decepticons, who were quite easily able to ressurect several of their own (Including Megs who had one of the most powerful artifacts jammed into his chest) even after they had been dead and underwater for a couple of years. Now I know that they needed the all-spark fragment and spare parts to do this, but could Ratchet not have saved Jazz using the dead 'cons for parts and just asking the government for the fragment?

Anyway.... I just thought it was a curious subject :lol:

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Ratchet invested all his resources into phermone detection systems. He gets his kicks by knowing when humans want to mate, not by mating together the broken pieces of his comrades.

If the decepticons manage to bring back ravage, who was torn in half like jazz, i'll be upset.

Also, no place in product placement of a pontiac when they're being phased out of the lineup. Remember the animated movie? :P
Shrapnel
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Shrapnel »

Time Traveller wrote:If the decepticons manage to bring back ravage, who was torn in half like jazz, i'll be upset.
I've only see it once so far but was Ravage torn in half? I thought he had his innards yanked out of his frame like sausage out of a casing...
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

OK, I may be a few years out of practice. I don't exactly have the resources I had on the Ark you know (assuming this movie series will ever mention the ark).

I am good at getting dings and dents out of the alt modes though... I guess that make me more of a plastic surgeon in the tf universe!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Shrapnel wrote:
Time Traveller wrote:If the decepticons manage to bring back ravage, who was torn in half like jazz, i'll be upset.
I've only see it once so far but was Ravage torn in half? I thought he had his innards yanked out of his frame like sausage out of a casing...
I think his back legs came off with that, didn't they? Maybe it was by his tail.
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

That part was awesome ripped apart like predator style 8) Bada$$

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I cringe when Decepticons die. I can barely watch.
But when the Autobots die, my eyes are glued to the movie screen
:twisted:
Shrapnel
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Shrapnel »

Galvatron wrote:I cringe when Decepticons die. I can barely watch.
Ravage, Sideways... I can think of a couple of the new Autobots I would have much rather seen gutted or sliced in half rather than those 'cons.

On a different topic... What's the official deal with Grindor (both on-screen and off)? On-screen: Is he a rebuilt Blackout or a different character all together? Off-screen: Why introduce a character that looks pretty much identical to Blackout yet call it Grindor?