Spielberg/Dreamworks win bid for the new Transformers movie

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

trance
Site Admin

Spielberg/Dreamworks win bid for the new Transformers movie

Post by trance »

There's been some electricity in the air lately regarding this subject. If so, this is one of the biggest things to hit TF-dom in nearly 2 decades. See this link for more details and links to some recent news articles concerning this 'rumor': http://www.transformerland.com/transfor ... movie.html
megaprime
Powermaster

Great!

Post by megaprime »

Without a doubt, Spielberg is capable to make it happen. I think as long as they stick to G1 Transformers in terms of story and characters, the movie is gonna be super popular, and most of the audiences are going to love the movie. I bet they know the movie is not for kids, but for our generation!
G1 Transformers for ever!
If they don't have Optimus Prime and Megatron in the movie, the whole thing is gonna be a big and expensive joke for the world.
G1 Transformers,
the incredible creatures,
nothing else can be better,
WE LOVE THEM FOR EVER.
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

Here's the nexus of movie info from the movie's producer's site, Don Murphy if you're interested, Megaprime

http://www.donmurphy.net/board/forumdis ... &forumid=8

They're actually listening to the fans (or at least, HE'S actually listening to the fans), and a lot of things are being discussed, i.e Which Autos/Deceps for the movie, director possibilities, whether or not to put combiners or "shrinkers" like Soundwave in there. You should check it out.

Oh yea, and here's a link to a movie that will give you a hint of just how cool CGI Transformers will actually be. Just click on the movie entitled "Michael Smith"

www.tfarchive.com/fandom/videos/index.php
So, in Transformers, Les Claypool is God?
megaprime
Powermaster

Thanks a lot!

Post by megaprime »

Thanks a lot! Shanti418
First of all, the CGI Autobot is just marvelous!
More importantly, I never knew there's a website for Transformers fans to deliver their suggestions and advices to the producer of the new Transformers movie. I have to sincerely thank you!
I do need to take my time to check out this Don Murphy website carefully.
Thanks again! 8) 8) 8)
G1 Transformers,
WE LOVE THEM FOR EVER.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

send him my consent to consult with furman. ;) furman rules!!!!!!!!
Challoner
Targetmaster

Post by Challoner »

If they do the movie then they simply have to make it on Cybertron, just so that they can effectively "kill" any character that they wish to invent before the TF's come to earth in the Ark without mucking up the comic line.

A young Prime, Kup and stuff causing problems for Megatron would be a great introduction for a trilogy...or dozen...
"That which does not kill you will only lead to your eventual demise at an old age from a related series of complications."
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

actually, i'd love to see the movie (s) follow the comic continuity, except of course with a few editations to some of the trip ups before furman took over, which, of course, wouldn't be hard if furman was working with them. what'd be even better is if they set the movie in 1984 when the transformers woke up in oregon, rather than have them wake up in modern day. so here's an interesting question: who do we want to play spike and sparkplug? how bout ol' GB Blackrock? oh, and who for Josie? i'm going to have to think on this for a bit myself.

P.S. the coolest thing ever (noun): 1. Transformers 2. (pertaining to transformers) Peter Cullen performing optimus prime's voice in the event of a live action Transformers movie.
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

Well, Don Murphy has said that Furman has contacted him directly about consulting and he asked for the fanboy's opinion. So far, everyone's been pretty positive about it. I'm sure even the Furman haters want to have at least SOMEONE who knows what it's all about.
Also, I know Don's said that getting celebrity voices is NOT the way to go. Which makes sense, b/c in TFTM, they were introducing new characters. With this movie being early G1 centric, you can't go, "Optimus Prime: Voiced by Brad Pitt!". People already have their ideas about what Op should sound like. Personally, I'd be surprised if Cullen and Walker weren't used.
And I'm pretty sure the movie is going to be set on Earth. You have to have some kind of "in" for the average moviegoer.

Personally, I'd like to see them eschew Spike for some cooler characters, say Rad. Carlos and Alexis *dodges bullets* J/K!!

I'd love to see Burt Reynolds as the CEO type character.
megaprime
Powermaster

Earth more!

Post by megaprime »

The movie should talk more about the earth, cuz it will make us feel the story is happening around us, around the world we are familiar with. We don't want a sci-fi movie, what we want is a great story about a group of vivid Transformers, who are not too far from us. Cybertron should also take part in the movie, since it's the origin of all Transformers. However, the main story is still supposed to be based on the earth.
G1 Transformers,
WE LOVE THEM FOR EVER.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

*blows smoke from shotgun barrel* don't SCARE me like that... i get triggerhappy! rad carlos and alexis. *pukes*sheesh
i agree with both of you entirely. i'm not sure about reynolds, i think blackrock was a bit younger.
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

LOL. Awesome, TT.

Blackrock WAS a bit younger, and if they do have a Blackrock type character in the movie, I'd guess they'd probably skew him even younger instead of older. Like a Mark Cuban.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

never heard of him. we need a thread where we cast the movie how we want it. now. who do we want to see as josie wearing only thin strips of metal...
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

Mark Cuban is the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, an NBA team. He's just one of those guys who got super rich super quick during the dot com boom. There's lots of 30 something CEO/millionaires out there right now, and it would make sense to me if they were to skew the character's age more that way.

We should start a thread. I'll do it if when I go look at the board, you haven't done it already.
Savanna RX-7 GT-X
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Savanna RX-7 GT-X »

I am just gonna add to this thread instead of makign a new one.

Rumor has it that Tom Hanks might be in the movie.

Here a link with some info, and a little click, were he trys to sing part of the theme song and says if he is in it, he be Optimus Prime.

Link
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Oh God. Not Tom Hanks. I'm sorry... but he was good in Big and Saving Private Ryan.. but I'm not a huge fan.

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe

Post by Guest »

Don't worry. It's just an OLD, unsubstantiated rumor. This guy asks Tom Hanks about it, he says he doesn't even know about it, has not talked to anyone, and hasn't even given it any thought. The reporter presses him, and so he says he'd only play Optimus Prime as an off the cuff remark. That's like if I said, "I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston," and two weeks later, Savanna comes on here saying, "There's a rumor Jennifer Aniston is leaving Brad Pitt for some guy named Guest."
johnboy
Decoy

Post by johnboy »

If anything it would be awesome if they continued where the origional transformers left off...Unicron somehow comes back* drools at the thought of cgi powered shot of Unicron transforming* :shock:

Hopefully, though, they will listen to the fans and make it happen.
I just can't wait!
kaaaaaa-meeeeeee-haaaaaa-meeeeee-haaaaaaa!!!
Savanna RX-7 GT-X
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Savanna RX-7 GT-X »

Well, here some news. The Screenwriter, has been announced.

John Rogers

He did this years Catwoman movie....... But the script, is based off DeSanto, which did both of the 2 Xmen Movies.
Ultra Magnus

Yessss!

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I so hope this movie turns out well! Long live the TF's!!!