cartoon question

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Noble
Gestalt Team Leader

cartoon question

Post by Noble »

In series 3 of the original transformers episodes (Dark Awakening) Rodimus prime passes the allspark back to optimus prime and reverts back to beng hot rod, but not long after he is rodimus prime again before he gets the matrix back, is there a reason for this or just an error ?

P.S. Don't think I'm knocking the episode, I thought it was an ace episode especially the near end part.

cheers
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Its an error. Rodimus can remove the matrix from himself and stay as Rodimus as long as the Matrix is within a certain distance of him. However once he gave it back to Prime he broke the bonds with it until he got it back off him. Thus its an error on the cartoons part.
Noble
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Noble »

still a good episode though a gotta say
Commander Megatron

It is an Excellent episode, one of the best ones.
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Bah! I don't have series 3/4 yet... I have 1 and 2 on DVD, but i'm yet to get 3/4.... sounds like an episode I vaguely remember from childhood though 8)
Jetfire is a robosexual
sto_vo_kor_2000
Alternator

Re: cartoon question

Post by sto_vo_kor_2000 »

.Onslaught. wrote:In series 3 of the original transformers episodes (Dark Awakening) Rodimus prime passes the allspark back to optimus prime and reverts back to beng hot rod, but not long after he is rodimus prime again before he gets the matrix back, is there a reason for this or just an error ?
When was he Rodimus again with out the Matrix????

Technically theres almost no physical appearance change between Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime.

And even just befor Hot Rod and Optimus fight you see Hotrod in car mode and it is his "CAR" mode [althou it was too big] and not the "Winnebago" he is when he's Rodimus.

The only thing that happened was that the Animators made Hot Rod too tall in the last few scenes.And thats a common mistake that happened with many characters threw out all 4 seasons.
Today is a good day to die.....but the day is not yet over!
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

I have just watched that episode ( Dark Awakening ) and found it totally disturbing, Optimus Prime should not do things like that. The funny part was Sludge and Snarl
SNARL " You all dead "
SLUDGE " Maybe we dead "

CLASSIC COMEDY... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Commander Megatron

I will have to watch it again to refresh my memory. God bless the Dinobots. :D
optimusprime
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by optimusprime »

Snarl wrote:I have just watched that episode ( Dark Awakening ) and found it totally disturbing, Optimus Prime should not do things like that. The funny part was Sludge and Snarl
SNARL " You all dead "
SLUDGE " Maybe we dead "

CLASSIC COMEDY... :lol: :lol: :lol:
its one of the best episodes in the entire series and i will say its defenitly sad to see my hero optimusprime in the state he was in thru the majority of the episode
we are all a little wiser, from the knowledge we accumulate from this moment on, the return of optimusprime
http://www.tfarchive.org/portal/
Commander Megatron

Optimusprime said:
its one of the best episodes in the entire series and i will say its defenitly sad to see my hero optimusprime in the state he was in thru the majority of the episode
Funny, I thought it was brilliant, the best he ever looked. Except for the time when he died in the movie and was all black. That was awesome. :twisted:
Last edited by Commander Megatron on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

Commander Megatron wrote:its one of the best episodes in the entire series and i will say its defenitly sad to see my hero optimusprime in the state he was in thru the majority of the episode

Funny, I thought it was brilliant, the best he ever looked. Except for the time when he died in the movie and was all black. That was awesome. :twisted:
I agree, quite brilliant :evil:
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
Sound Blaster
Decoy

Post by Sound Blaster »

It's just an error. Great episode. It's a bit creepy seeing Prime turn evil, but then again GIVE ME YOUR FACE!