G1 coming back to tv?

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

SentinelPrime wrote:Why did Hasbro have to cancel the G1 series right after introducing the US Headmasters three parter? There was still so much potential there for great storylines and character development!
Money I would wager. The show even though we all love and get it because it was thought provoking and well written...... was still just a 25 minute toy commercial. By the time the three parter came out the toyline had all but fizzled out added to the fact that tastes had changed.

I hope I don't offend you all, but the Transformers line had also been taken down a bit. No more metal in the bodies and the toys were just getting more and more odd.

I know you guys love your toys but Action Masters.....come on....Transformers charaters that don't transform and ride in cars?

I am sorry I just ........anyway........

I like you wish the series had carried on but I doubt that the toy market would have tolerated much more robotic mayhem with the explosion that the turtles were. If you remember at that time you couldn't swing a dead cat and not hit some bandanna wearing turtle memeroblia. Shelves were packed with the stuff.

The turtles were a phenomenon every bit as popular and great as Transformers were.

But.....Transformers have really stood the test of time because they never really went away and they kept the core mythology surrounding it.

If you count the Diaclone line of the 70's there has been over four decades of the Transformers line.

Now our passion is enjoying a resurgence of popularity with both old fans and a whole new generation of people who might not have ever heard of the toys or the mythology surrounding it before the live action movie came out and that should really count for something.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Very well said Roar! I too miss the metal parts and the real rubber tires. This cheap plastic is a numbing down of a once great toyline. I did like the titanium line, although it did have some faults.
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

I concur, very well said Roar. The cheap plastic and crap quality is just a waste of time. the originals are still the best!!