Beast Wars Question

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Beast Wars Question

Post by SentinelPrime »

My son and I were watching episodes of Beast Wars and we wanted to know where and when did Megatron get possession of the Transmetal Driver that he uses to create Transmetal 2 Dinobot? I know it's from the Vok aliens, but I don't remember when or where Megs gets it? Anybody know:?
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Its never discussed. We can assume that he stole it from one of the ridiculously numerous alien sites on earth. For the Vok it was just a data storage device, but Megatron found that it emitted radiation similar to the Quantum Surge and decided to experiment with it. Which, excluding Cheetor, worked out well for everyone.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Hi Rattrap!

Here's two more beast wars questions for ya:

1) When Prime held the g1 Prime's spark and changed and gave it back to G1 Prime. Megatron also took G1 Megs Spark, did he ever give it back? :? And how was he not destroyed when he was drooped into the volcano lava? :?

2) The mention of time as nano seconds or cycles...how is that related to actual time as we know it? :?
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Sorry to but in Vermin, but I have a small clip of the part where prime re-installs the original megs spark. I'll see if I can link it for you. I think when megs was dropped into the lava, he was mid-transformation, and the lava reacted with his two sparks causing a big reaction with his T-rex DNA. Thus making him a fire breathing Dragon.

The time thing is still a little hard for me to understand. I think cycles are an hour, mega cycles are days, and a deca cycle is a week. The nano seconnds could be considered seconds or minutes. Im not sure though. Rattrap may have way better answers than me. Im still trying to find out what happened to Waspy in the end.
R.I.P. Menasor
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

SentinelPrime wrote:1) When Prime held the g1 Prime's spark and changed and gave it back to G1 Prime. Megatron also took G1 Megs Spark, did he ever give it back?
G1 Megatron's spark was returned in a cut-scene from The Nemesis Part 2.
SentinelPrime wrote: And how was he not destroyed when he was drooped into the volcano lava?
Transmetals are pretty consistently shown as lava resistant. The writers even had Terrorsaur and Scorponok in the process of transmetalization as they died, in case they wanted to bring them back. Tarantulas easily survived a dip in lava later in the episode Master Blaster. In my opinion, the real question is: Why would Tarantulas think it would kill Megatron? Personally I blame Quickstrike, he makes everyone a little dumber. Since transmetals could survive lava, Megatron's new transmetal 2 body could survive even easier. The only real effect of the lava, was to turn him from a T-Rex into a dragon rather than something similar to Optimal Optimus.
SentinelPrime wrote:2) The mention of time as nano seconds or cycles...how is that related to actual time as we know it? :?
Every series likes to do time a bit differently, and they all tend to use the same names. For the sake of Beast Wars:
A Nano-klik is roughly a second.
A Cycle is roughly a minute.
A Mega-Cycle is roughly an hour.
A Deca-Cycle is roughly a year.
Dinobot wrote:Im still trying to find out what happened to Waspy in the end.
Waspy stayed and ruled over the Proto-Humans as a god. Living happily ever after, until Beast Machines caused him to fall through a plot hole and end up as Thrust, but that's another more terrible continuity.
Last edited by Rattrap on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I used to have an idea that he made the insecticons, being on earth as long as he was, and he was an insect too. He had 4 million years to create them. Since I dont particularly remember the episode that talks about them in G1. I know there's another explanation for them though.
R.I.P. Menasor
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

here is a cybertronian time convertion chart, hope it helps

Time* - Basic units of Cybertronian time, as presented in the context of Earth; 1

-astro-second 1 astro-second equals 1/2 of an Earth second.
-nano-klik equals approximately 1/10th of an Earth second
-klik equals approximately 1 Earth second.
-cycle equals approximately 1 Earth minute.
-breem equals approximately 8.3 Earth minutes (or 1000 astro-seconds)
-quartec equals approximately 1/4 of an Earth day.
-mega cycle equals approximately 1 Earth hour.
-deca cycle equals approximately 30 Earth days.
-stellar cycle equals approximately 1 Cybertronian year (400 Earth days).
-solar cycle/orn equals 1 Cybertronian day (20 Earth hours).
-vorn equals approximately 83 Earth years.
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Thanks everyone for the helpful info! Much appreciated!