Transformers, Dreamwave MTMTE comic books...

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Transformers, Dreamwave MTMTE comic books...

Post by Banzai-Tron »

I don't have a comic shop near me... anybody have these? Anybody willing to scan some pages for me to see if I *really* want to drop the relatively serious cash these are commanding?
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

none

Post by ghostinthemachine »

hey i have like 4 comic shops close to me i will check and get back with you on these give me a couple of days
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Re: Transformers, Dreamwave MTMTE comic books...

Post by Commander Megatron »

Wheezel wrote:I don't have a comic shop near me... anybody have these? Anybody willing to scan some pages for me to see if I *really* want to drop the relatively serious cash these are commanding?
Get them!! I have them, they are excellent reads. How much are they asking for them?
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

For back issues I like to go to Mile High Comics in Denver, Colorado. They're reasonable in price, they almost always have full runs of whatever you want and variant covers too. They also package their items well.

A lot of times for something popular they even have a bargain box sale for them.
Commander Megatron

Unfortunately there are only 2 comic shops in Belfast. Neither of them stock the older transformers comics. :cry:
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

Derrick has most of the original comics from the 80s. sadly the eleventh commandment says " touch comics and loose thy fingers " or I would photograph them :(

ME GRIMLOCK WANT TO MUNCH METAL
Commander Megatron

I totally agree with hm!!! I wish I had all my original comics!!
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

I am wondering how the hell he has kept 20 year old comics so pristine

Commander Megatron

Does he have them in plastic baggies? Or are they stored in a dry dark place away from direct sunlight?
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

They have been in an airtight plastic box in the attic for years, with each one seperated by bubble wrap. It is only now that they have emerged from the box and he has put them in a display case which has temperature and lighting control

Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Snarl wrote:They have been in an airtight plastic box in the attic for years, with each one seperated by bubble wrap. It is only now that they have emerged from the box and he has put them in a display case which has temperature and lighting control
Dirge should really look into some boxes as well as acid free bags and boards for his comics. There are lots of companies online that do nothing but provide products for comic book storage/preservation.

The bags will help protect the comics from moisture as well as keep the books rigid so that the spines won't bend. The bags and boards also help in preservation by keeping a tight squeeze on the books. Driving the air out from in between the pages will help inhibit decay and the yellowing of the paper and inks used to print the books.

Anyway he made an excellent call on getting the comics out of the attic and the plastic off of them! The extremes in temperature are not condusive to the preservation of paper and that bubble wrap over time and heat would have deteriorated, leached out acids and left markings on his covers by either browning or bleaching depending on the plastic.

Sorry for de-railing the thread. :oops:
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

For the record, I'm not talking about the 80's comics, guys. These were made this decade.