1986 transfomers movie

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

S0und_wave
Decepticon Communications Officer

Post by S0und_wave »

lol :lol:
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

The talk about Prime's death in the film made me think 'was it avoidable?'. I mean barely (if) anyone dies in the cartoon. So I am going to point out a few things that just didn't go Prime's way after his confrontation with Megatron. Please bear in mind this is a 'tounge-in-cheek' kinda post. :wink:

1) The medical staff.

Prime draws the short straw on this one, having a scientist, not a doctor over looking his condition. Granted Perceptor is a brilliant scientist, but he's no Ratchet at the end of the day. Maybe if it had been a more compotent doctor Prime's wounds wouldn't have been fatal. (Yeah I know Ratchet is dead by then, but where was First aid? He's a doctor right?)

What about Kup? (Sorry old timer!) Kup gets the job of monitoring Prime's vital signs. Letting the 'bot who has stories for (almost) every situation keep tabs on something as boring as lines darting across a screen is a bad idea. His mind was probably elsewhere remembering what happened last time he got given that job. History probably repeated itself.

2) Prime's Bedside Company.

Arcee's (Sorry Arcee!) idea of helping the wounded is shown earlier in the film, dragging them across the floor into a pile, even if they are clearly non-functioning. I don't think having the air of death about her would make Prime feel all that hopeful that he's going to pull through.

Then theres Ultra Magnus (Sorry!), Prime's 'old friend' who doesn't help the situation by telling Prime that he is worng to pass the Matrix onto him. This in turn makes Prime dbout himself more, saying that he wasn't worthy. This surely eats away at what little is left of his spirt to continue the fight.

Hot Rod (Sorry!) is also there. Not really going to be on Prime's friend list now, having been one of the key factors in his severe injurys. Surely him standing right over Prime's face is going to be a bad Idea? I can think of more then one bot Prime would rather have at his bedside.

And of course, Daniel was there. The little human boy who is probably covered with grems and all sorts. What does he do with no one tring to stop him? Put his sticky little hands right near Prime's gaping wound in his side. I don't know if Prime could get an infection like a human could, but if he is that poorly why take that chance?

3) The attitude in the room.

As soon as his wounds are declared 'fatal' everyone just accepts it. Back in the old days (Season 1 & 2) the Autobots would have searched the galaxy for anything that could possibly save Prime's life. However all these new non-Ark bots don't even try to help make him comfortable. They just give up kind of like 'Well thats that then, he says the wounds are fatal'.

So there we go, I think thats everything I can pick holes in from that scene. Anyone have any other thoughts on it?

Oh and remember this is all meant in good fun. I understand that it was aimed at children as a way in which an old toy which a lot of kids had was replaced with a new one that a lot of kids would want. :lol:

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Scrapper
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Scrapper »

Well Perceptor saved Megatron :P from cosmic rust but after all he used pure scintific mind rather than ability in medicine.Ratchet could may have done more,even a miracle....I don't know First Aid well but he also must be very competent.

And for other Autobots;if Elita One would have been there he may have been stronger .I've read that some fans would have appreciated her presence.

I always wonder if Prime already understood that Ironhide,Ratchet, and several of his old friends were already dead(I highly suppose so);it's clear that he was the leader and he would have never give up but also this thing could also have eaten away his spirit...
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

I remember watching an episode where the bird Decepticon blows Ops insides to bits and he survives. :shock:

I wonder how come what happened to Megatron was overlooked, he was still alive when Starscream chucked him in to space, yet that is not remembered as much.

I also wonder where all of the other Autobots were when OP was dying, Springer and the Dinobots were not there ..............

Oh hang on ................

ME GRIMLOCK NOT CARE ABOUT OPTIMUS PRIME, HIM WEAK ........... :lol:

ME GRIMLOCK WANT TO MUNCH METAL
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Snarl wrote:I wonder how come what happened to Megatron was overlooked, he was still alive when Starscream chucked him in to space, yet that is not remembered as much.
Nobody cares. :cry:

Seriously, it was played down because Megatron would have survived had Starscream not chucked him into space. The changing of Megatron into Galvatron thats different. Most people remember that. Prime dies and Megatron is reborn...works for me!!
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

I thought that it was funny that OP passed the leadership on to Ultra Magnus peacefully, while the Decepticons had a punch up to decide :lol:

Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

Snarl wrote:I thought that it was funny that OP passed the leadership on to Ultra Magnus peacefully, while the Decepticons had a punch up to decide :lol:
That's a case of doing things fast (Prime) or doing things right (Decpticons). :wink:

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Or maybe a case of doing things the correct way ( Optimus Prime ) or the incorrect way ( Decepticons ) :lol:

Sixshot
Instrument Of Destruction

Post by Sixshot »

Great breakdown, but HI-LARIOUS, nonetheless, Rumble, :P
- "Life is worth living only as long as there are enemies worth destroying!"
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Rumble the breakdoen was superb. But could Ratchet have saved Prime if he were still alive? First Aid is a doctor but he is not in the class of Ratchet. Perceptor checked Prime over and maybe thought F*** it, by the time we get parts he will be dead. Ratchet I think would have been able to sustain him for a little longer but not by much.
Scrapper
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Scrapper »

Rumble wrote:
That's a case of doing things fast (Prime) or doing things right (Decpticons). :wink:

Rumble.

Absolutely agree,much better Decepticon's way.
Great thoughts about movie anyway.