1986 transfomers movie

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

sto_vo_kor_2000
Alternator

Post by sto_vo_kor_2000 »

Commander Megatron wrote:Sto_vo_kor it appears to me that just liek another board that you are a member on that you enjoy an argument. I have made myself clear and I have nothing to argue back at you with. All I will say is that I am closer to being right on what I have said than I am being wrong.

This is not the place for an argument or a heated discussion over it and as a senior member here and one of the Administrators I should lead by example and stop thjis rather than drag the thread down. By all means PM me any reply you might have and we can discuss this further there.
Your mis-judging me.

I dont enjoy arguments at all.

But what I do enjoy is a "Good Debate" that doent get out of hand.

Your replys have been polite as have mine.I had no intention of draging this conversation or this thread down.And I also saw no indication that it would become "Heated".

And if you would like to continue on the points you feel your "Closer to being right about" please do by ether pm or starting an other thread.

I would love to hear your insite.

But I'll say this.....its be over 20 years that I have heard these debates [including this one] over who became whom and not once in all those years has anyone provide me with any concrete proof that proves ether case.

I've even done some personal research into the subject and couldnt come to a concrete answer.

Even every version of the preproduction script that I have read doesnt provide an answer.So if you have something else to offer up that would settle thid I would love a chance to see it.

And please keep in mind that I'm not arguing with an adminestartor but simply debating the facts of the issue which seem questionable.
Today is a good day to die.....but the day is not yet over!
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Sto_vo_kor, lets take this discussion to PM and spare everyone our debating. :lol:
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

* Falls on to knees with head bowed and arms outstretched *

Spare us, oh mighty one for we are not worthy ............ :lol:

ME GRIMLOCK WANT TO MUNCH METAL
sto_vo_kor_2000
Alternator

Post by sto_vo_kor_2000 »

Commander Megatron wrote:Sto_vo_kor, lets take this discussion to PM and spare everyone our debating. :lol:
Sure buddy
Today is a good day to die.....but the day is not yet over!
Commander Megatron

Snarl wrote:* Falls on to knees with head bowed and arms outstretched *

Spare us, oh mighty one for we are not worthy ............ :lol:

You are spared. Now put the kettle on for a nice cup of coffee. Milk, two sugars and put the milk in first and stir it before you add the water. :wink:
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

* Turns green and runs off to throw up *

I have never heard of coffee being made that way before . :? :lol:

Commander Megatron

That is the best way to do it.

Milk, sugar and coffee in. Stir.

Add the boiling water then stir again.

ENJOY!!!

By doing it that way it stops the water "burning" the coffee granules.

How do you make yours? :lol:
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

I stuff the coffee and sugar in, then add the water and stir it, then add the milk and stir it again.................

Derricks method is worse, he puts the water in first, then the sugar, then the milk, then the coffee..... :shock:

He does like his coffee so you can stand the spoon up in it. :lol:

Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Do you think that Transformers the movie would have been as well remembered if Optimus Prime hadn't been de-activated?

I know that seems to be an odd question but I am just curious to see what all of you think.

I feel that the movie did an excellent job of dealing with Prime's death.

Even though it was the means to an end the writers made the unpleasantness of Optimus' death beautiful and highlighted his goodness and selflessness to the very end.

"Do not grieve, soon I will be one with the Matrix."
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Although I liked that part of the film, I did not think it nescasary for it to show Megatron blasting OP in the head ( Or at least, that is what it looked like to me, but again I am probably wrong ).

I thought that the musical score was perfect for that part of the film, it brought a tear to my eye the first time that I watched it.

I thought that Ultra Magnus' part was well written :-
I am just a soldier, I am not worthy
Prime - " Nor was I "

I have also heard people say that if Hot-Rod had not got in the way, OP would have survived.

I can not help wondering how a fall could have damaged Megatron so much, as I can not see him get as badly hurt as OP does during the fight, and he has survived a lot worse than a fall.

Another strange question for you all :roll:

I have just aquired the CD with the music from the film on it and I was wondering what is the correct order for the songs, as they appear in the film ?

Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Which version of the CD did you acquire?
Scrapper
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Scrapper »

Snarl wrote:Although I liked that part of the film, I did not think it nescasary for it to show Megatron blasting OP in the head ( Or at least, that is what it looked like to me, but again I am probably wrong ).
I had read that Optimus died because Megatron had shoot him in the part that he had previously damaged with lightsaber;however I've just rewatched the movie and a shot could have reached Optimus in the head.
Snarl wrote:I can not help wondering how a fall could have damaged Megatron so much, as I can not see him get as badly hurt as OP does during the fight, and he has survived a lot worse than a fall.
Last Prime's attack with both hands,when he screams"Never!"seemed having already damaged Megatron in a very serious way,and that big fall only added other big damage.

These are just my theories however... :)
S0und_wave
Decepticon Communications Officer

Post by S0und_wave »

optimus is hit on then side three time

first by the sharp rock that megatron threw at him

the again by the energy saber

then finally by the small pistol

so by being hit in this spot several times it could of killed him but it is just my opinion
Commander Megatron

No I don't think so. the battle between Prime and myself is what everyone remembers. You ask someone and they say...

"Yeah, Prime gets killed in that movie."

No mention of Unicron turning up to eat Cybertron and wipe out the Transformers race. Doesn't matter about that. If Prime was there he would have turned into truck mode and run over his planet sized ass!!

The battle at Autobot city and the battle of the leaders is the parts that are mentioned first.

As for Hotrods interference, I'm not sure. It is sort of left to imagination. Would Prime have reacted quickly enough if Megatron had got the gun? Megatron is smart, he would have shot him once and moved, not allowing Prime a clear shot at him. But, if hje did realise what was happening and was able to move.....
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Which version of the CD did you acquire?
I do not know, but the track list is as follows:-

1) The Touch
2) Instruments of Destruction
3) Death of Optimus Prime
4) Dare
5) Nothin's Gonna Stand In Our Way
6) The Transformers ( Theme )
7) Escape
8) Hunger
9) Autobot / Decepticon Battle
10) Dare to be Stupid

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Those aren't in order. there is a two disc set (if i remember) that contains the entire score, and that has the correct song order.
Commander Megatron

That is the same one that I have Snarl. Ordered it from teh states last year and it took 8 weeks to arrive!
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

8 weeks geeeeez :shock: I also agree with u all that the death of OP is wat really made the movie that little bit more memorable and not to mention it was A TRANSFORMERS MOVIE HELLOOOOO :P

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

I ordered mine from W.H. Smiths and it took two days to arrive .... :lol:

Here I have a pretty feeble attempt at getting the songs in the correct order :-

1) The Transformers ( Theme )
2) Instruments of Destruction
3) Dare
4) Autobot / Decepticon Battle
5) Touch
6) The Death of Optimus Prime

And that is as far as I can get ..... :oops:

Commander Megatron

Your correct so fae, love the last one on your list! :twisted: