Transformers: The Ark (Volume One)

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Transformers: The Ark (Volume One)

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Okay, so I just received the new TF: The Ark Volume TWO, which gives rather detailed Black & White drawings and very brief bios for the *Japanese only* cartoon characters (and the 'masters that overlap the American and Japanese series).

My first thought: This will be an most excellent advanced coloring book for kids.

My second thought: I want Volume One! (The US transformers).

Problem: The cheapest I've found it for is $120, and a reprint doesn't appear to be imminent. That's an AWFUL lot for what amounts to a glorified coloring book.

My question for the forum is twofold:
1) Does anybody here own Volume ONE? Is it all B&W line drawing, in a coloring book style as well?
2) Does anyone here that does NOT own Volume ONE want to pitch in to ummm.... create an "archival" copy of it, if you get my drift...?

PM me if you're interested, or need further clarification, folks!
Sixshot
Instrument Of Destruction

Post by Sixshot »

I'm gonna check one of the comic book places I frequent, 'cause I saw it in there, a month or so ago, sellin' for its regular retail price, :wink:
- "Life is worth living only as long as there are enemies worth destroying!"
greatshot
Targetmaster

Re: Transformers: The Ark (Volume One)

Post by greatshot »

Wheezel wrote:Okay, so I just received the new TF: The Ark Volume TWO, which gives rather detailed Black & White drawings and very brief bios for the *Japanese only* cartoon characters (and the 'masters that overlap the American and Japanese series).

My first thought: This will be an most excellent advanced coloring book for kids.

My second thought: I want Volume One! (The US transformers).

Problem: The cheapest I've found it for is $120, and a reprint doesn't appear to be imminent. That's an AWFUL lot for what amounts to a glorified coloring book.

My question for the forum is twofold:
1) Does anybody here own Volume ONE? Is it all B&W line drawing, in a coloring book style as well?
2) Does anyone here that does NOT own Volume ONE want to pitch in to ummm.... create an "archival" copy of it, if you get my drift...?

PM me if you're interested, or need further clarification, folks!
Exactly the same situation! Been searching for volume 1 for a month now.
The second hand prices are insane! There are a few american online book stores have it listed, but most of them dont have it in stock.

Found a local store which stated on their website they had it for €22,- ( $31). Went there, they didn't have it. When the guy was looking for the item in his order system I could also see what he was doing. They had an option of 41 copies when it is beeing reprinted. But to my knowledge there are no plans on reprinting.

I have looked at the IDW forum, there are questions there if it is possible to start reprinting this book. (because of the insane prices). No reaction from IDW yet.

I am not going to pay $122 or more for this book, so a I am hoping for a reprint from IDW. IDW hasnt got this title in their webshop anymore.

Was the first printing of this book in such low numbers? You can hardly find this book on ebay for example...