Is it just me .....

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Triple-changer

Is it just me .....

Post by Triple-changer »

Or is there somethin else anyone ever thought was strange bout Combaticons? It's always bothered me that they were all military type vehicles except for Blast off. Why a space shuttle? I don't see how that fits in the theme. Maybe it's just me.

I remembered the episode when Star scream was bannished to that island & he found the remnance of all those old combat vehicles, put them together & gave them life with those energon souls he stole from Cybertron. The memories.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

In that episode, Blast Off starts off as an airplane and quickly morphs into a space shuttle.

I agree that the shuttle is out of nature for the Combaticons.

Why the change, I don't know.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

i think it is simply the fact that a fighter jet isn't as physically "beefy" as a missle carrier truck, a huge blackhawk helicopter, a leopard tank, and a XR311-T004 prototype combat vehicle. (actually, swindle is not a jeep!)
http://www.ps-car.com/renew/garage/military/t004.html
Triple-changer

Post by Triple-changer »

Thanks for the replies.

As for the Combaticons, is that what they are Time Traveller? I always thought Vortex was an Apache type chopper, but it's been a long time & my memory's shot. Did'nt know Brawl was a Leopard. That's German made, the new Leopard a-2's are supposed to be the most powerfull tank today. What's this, Swindle not a jeep? Sure looked like one in the cartoon.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

vortex is too big for an apache. i'm not suprised a german tank is the most powerful today ;) and despite swindle's toon jeepness, his toy was designed after the mid engine XR prototype. one of these days i'll upload my "transformers among us" collection, which are photos of real vehicles that tf's were made after. and yes, there is a real tuned lamborghini countach, yellow, with scoops, that sunstreaker is made after, and i've got a pic :D i'm proud of that. i'm having a hard time finding the toyota hilux camper in black or green (trailbreaker and hoist), and i'm photoediting some colored stripes off a mazda van that resembles the cherry onebox vanette that is ironhide.
Triple-changer

Post by Triple-changer »

"Transformers among us" sounds great! I shall like to see this. I've often wondered what vehicles some of the transformers were modeled after.