Auto Assembly 2009

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

TheTruePhantasm
Decoy

Post by TheTruePhantasm »

hey guys kind of new on this forum im from the moonbase 2 forum im sure a couple of people who are on hear can voach for me

right Auto Assembly its literally a month and 4 days away i have a room (that can always be canceled...in case i find what i need) what im in desperate need of is a bunk mate for the weekend are there anyone in this room that wants to share a room and we can sort out price coz im gonna soon call the hotel and pay some of it of anyway many thanks

Nick
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

sure, we could manage something out, haven't booked a room yet ,
The past is the greatest teacher
greatshot
Targetmaster

Post by greatshot »

And how was it?
Didn't have the time to go.
Curious to see some pictures of this event.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

ok people

this is my * cough * official report on auto assembly 2009

AA is over for another year and what follows is my take on it

sooo me CM and phil arrive at the train station in birmingham and after some poor map reading by phil ( once around birmingham centre in the wrong direction :x ) we arrived at the hotel where we met kup and rumble ( rumble is the tallest one of the four of us so im in for it in the rpg )

we waited to be granted access to AA only for kup and rumble to tell us they bought ( reserved ) their buys on the friday night

they let us in and it was like walking into tf heaven

the first thing i bought was the convention exclusive comic followed by a dirge bust :lol:

as we wandered around we picked bits and parts for tfs up that i needed then i joined the queue to meet the one and only gregg berger to sign my exclusive comic

then me CM and phil went to check in the lift wouldnt work so i opened a door and found some stairs ( phil was already in the room ) so me and CM did a 6 floor sprint only to discover that we were locked in the fire escape so phil had to get a member of hotel staff to free us

that lift became the subject of a " dirge test " when i got in it and started to jump about just to test the strength of the lift cables you know

so after we dumped our stuff i grabbed my G1 grimlock box and MOSC action master grimlock then went back and joined the queue to meet the one and only gregg berger to sign them

then we wandered around again and i saw it ............ an orange bonecrusher for £3 GBP the steal of the weekend up to that point
then i saw a re issue g1 pepsi op prime

i donrt normally do re issues but this is the bees knees i will buy it before the weekend is over

i bought a mighty muggs grimlock that CM found for me

we picked up our goody bags that contained a couple of exclusive keyrings with grimlock and cheetor

we then retreated to the hotel room to oogle our prizes

it only took CM half an hour to transform his stalker

then it became time to eat so we went up into birmingham centre and had a McDonalds

we retreated back to the hotel room where we came up with four or five funny facts

1 - tf toys without two seperating legs get no love
2 - you really shouldnt use your car to jump start another car 5 yards away from a major roundabout blocking the road
3 - universe inferno is not worth £25 GBP unless youre name is CM
4 - wheeljack ironhide and grimlock are sick bots for watching megatron kill another bot in the gladiator pits
5 - i really should check that the stairs im using isnt the fire escape

time to sleep

sunday

we had a quick wander around the tf dealers and picked up some more parts

( i will buy that pepsi prime before the weekend is over )

i got my mighty muggs grimlock and the grimlock postcard and joined the queue to meet the one and only gregg berger ( i see a pattern here )

then kup performed an epic repair on my g1 grimlock box by replaceing the plastic window witout damaging the box

then i got a pic taken with the one and only gregg berger ( he must be getting sick of me )

we had another wander around the dealers and bought yet more stuff ( i will buy that pepsi prime before the weekend is over )

at this point gregg berger took to the stage for a Q&A session and it got very funny very fast they had the g1 episode " desertion of the dinobots " playing on a big screen behind him and someone asked him if he would comment on it

he did but not without using the grimlock voice to call the asker stupid
you can imagine what followed :lol:
perceptor was a " sewing machine "
mt st hillary was a " big hill "
optimus prime was " stupid "
wheeljack was " daddy "
all in the grimlock voice
you all get the picture :lol:

then we decided to have a wander around bimingham centre

after an epic walk that saw us take in the cash machine the bull ring shopping centre pailisides shopping centre and a subway ( thats a butty shop not a train station ) we went back to the convention where i saw simon williams

simon williams is one of the artists that worked on the origanal g1 uk comic so i asked him if he would draw me a grimlock .......... HE DID

so after he finished drawing it i joined the queue to meet the one and only gregg berger to ask him to sign it

so i now have an exclusive to me drawing of grimlock by simon williams signed by gregg berger

and i bought that pepsi prime

there is not another one the same in existence .

then it came time to say goodbye to CM phil and kup

we said our goobyes then me and rumble retreated to the convention hall and watched some of the first live action film from 07

we picked holes in it something rotten then me and rumble retreated to the hotel room where we compared notes on the weekend and compared our buys then it became time for me to head on home
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Sounds like you had an AMAZING time! I would have so loved to go, but thats a little out of the question at the moment to hop across the pond.
R.I.P. Menasor
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Thanks for the report, that must have been quite an experience! I almost wish I could have gone too, but hopefully I'll be able to go there or to Botcon sometime in the future. :)
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

well bookings for AA 2010 are open now so maybe you can jump the stream that seperates the uk from europe and join us there :lol:
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Haha! Maybe, we'll see ;)
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

ive already booked to go

* glares at rumble *

anyone else going ? :lol:
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

* looks up *

yikes double post

heres the link to book for auto assembly 2010

http://www.autoassembly.org.uk/

just scroll down the page until you see the bookings heading

:D