Auto Assembly 2009

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

HailStorm
Powermaster

Post by HailStorm »

I'm volunteering and working with Simon Bleu on this years AA. He just wanted me to pass this info along.

We are pleased to announced that Auto Assembly 2009 is coming! Europe's largest Transformers convention is back for 2009 and it is going to be bigger and better than ever! This time it is going to be a two-day convention allowing us to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Transformers in style and will be a weekend packed with activities, dealers, guests and so much much!

The convention will be held on Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th August 2009, with a bonus mini programme of activities on the evening of Friday 14th August for those who book for the full weekend. Initially only weekend passes will be available, but single day tickets will be on sale closer to the convention should spaces still be available. There will be an extra special programme of activities running on Saturday evening until the early hours of Sunday, but these will be exclusive to weekend attendees!

The convention will be held at our new venue, The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, which is on Smallbrook Queensway, Birmingham, right in the heart of Birmingham City Centre, England. It is an ideal location for anyone travelling to Birmingham from anywhere in the UK and is just 2 minutes walk from Birmingham New Street Station!

We have run a number of surveys to find out exactly what you want from Auto Assembly 2009 and we will be tailoring the activities and events to suit YOU the attendees. There will be so much going on that you won't have time to rest - from guest talks to video screenings, workshops to toy and art displays, dealers and competitions, a charity auction and games area, quizzes and much more besides. And for the first time ever at Auto Assembly, a live script reading from Transformers voice actors! Talking of voice actors, we will be having not one but TWO voice actors joining us at Auto Assembly 2009 to join in the celebrations!

We already have our first SIX guests confirmed - first up is legendary TF artist Andrew Wildman making his sixth appearance at Auto Assembly, secondly is IDW and Titan colourist Liam Shalloo, and third we have John McCrea whose Transformers work includes Titan Magazines Transformers and Transformers Animated titles. In addition, we will also be joined by Auto Assembly favourite Simon Williams, Jason Cardy and Kat Nicholson! We will be announcing more over the next few days. We are also in the final stages of discussions with our first voice actor and hope to announce them in the next 7 days and the second actor in the next few weeks!

Ticket prices will be £45 for adults and £35 for concessions with reductions to just £40 and £30 for a limited period once bookings open for early registrations! We have also managed to negotiate for reduced accommodation rates in the Holiday Inn hotel for their superb bedrooms and these will be posted on the website.

We are also working our traditional goodie bag of free gifts for attendees and this is going to be our most spectacular yet. As always, there will be more gifts the earlier you register but this will include keyrings, postcards, DVDs (for the first 40+) and much more!! There will also be added bonuses for pre-registrants and if that wasn't enough, we are also looking at ways of improving our pre-registration system to make things smoother and faster than ever for all of you attending.

Bookings are opened, so keep an eye on the Auto Assembly website and all the usual Transformers websites and forums for all the latest news and developments as we have them.

We hope to see many of you there next year for what we think will be the biggest and best Auto Assembly ever!

Simon and Sven
Auto Assembly

web: www.autoassembly.org.uk
forum: http://autoassembly.proboards7.com
email: [email protected]
tel: +44 (0)7860 948296
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

I have just booked! Kind of slipped my mind but I will be there!

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
HailStorm
Powermaster

Post by HailStorm »

Gregg Berger To Attend Auto Assembly 2009!!
http://www.thetransformers.net/gregg-be ... mbly-2009/

We’ve just been sent this press released from Simon and Sven from Auto Assembly, and it’s big news. Get read for some Decepto-chop munching at AA this summer, as Gregg Berger (AKA Grimlock) will be on hand to munch metal!

After weeks of speculation, Europe’s largest Transformers convention Auto Assembly 2009, is proud to announce it’s second voice actor for it’s convention taking place over the weekend of 15th-16th August 2009…

Joining our first voice actor, Ian James Corlett (the voice of Cheetor from Beast Wars and Beast Machines) will ne none other than Gregg Berger, the voice of Grimlock and Skyfire and a host of other characters from G1!! Fans have been asking us for several years to bring Gregg over to the UK to appear at an Auto Assembly convention and we are excited to be able to make this a reality in the 25th Anniversary year of Transformers!

Gregg will be actively involved with the convention all weekend and for those of you who aren’t sure about whether to book for the weekend or wait until we release single day tickets, when you find out what Gregg will be doing, you won’t want to miss out on the full weekend! As well as signing autographs for fans all weekend, Gregg will be taking to the stage for a talk/Q&A session on one of the days (the exact day to be confirmed), he will be joining Ian James Corlett and comic artist Simon Williams on stage on Saturday evening for the live script reading which is being written by Simon Furman (and the evening programme is exclusive for weekend attendees), and he will be involved in another part of the main programme item during the weekend which will be on the DIFFERENT day to his talk/Q&A session so to see everything Gregg will be doing, you need to be there all weekend!

As is the standard policy for Auto Assembly, Gregg will NOT be charging for autographs but he will be bringing along a selection of items for sale including photos, CDs and DVDs which you can get signed but please feel free to have any of your own items autographed freely… including the Auto Assembly 2009 convention exclusive Grimlock postcard being illustrated by Andrew Wildman!

With a staggering 13 guests, there have never been a better time for you to attend Auto Assembly if you have never been before! Auto Assembly will be a packed weekend running from around 10:00 am until about 6:00 pm each day with a bonus programme on Saturday evening until 1:00 am and a small bonus programme on Friday evening, both for weekend attendees only.

In terms of activities, this will be the biggest and best Auto Assembly yet with dealers tables, guest talks (13 guests so far with at least two different panels each day, splitting our guest talks so no guest will talk more than once over the weekend), live script reading featuring Ian James Corlett and Gregg Berger, autograph sessions, artist sketches, artist workshops, comic colourist workshops, toy displays, art displays, charity auction, charity raffle, fan displays, quiz, video screenings, art, fiction and costume competitions, games area, a party and disco running until 1:00 am on Sunday, a possible cinema screening of Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen and much more besides…

The convention will be taking place right in the heart of Birmingham city centre in England at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Smallbrook Queensway, Birmingham. There is fantastic public transport access from every part of the UK and for those of you travelling from outside of the UK, Birmingham International Airport is just 10 minutes away by train!

For full details and online booking, visit the website NOW at www.autoassembly.org.uk

Anyway, we hope to see many of you there for what we hope will be Europe’s biggest ever Transformers convention!

Simon and Sven
Auto Assembly

web: www.autoassembly.org.uk
forum: http://autoassembly.proboards7.com
email: [email protected]
tel: +44 (0)7804 951406
simes
Noob

Post by simes »

Just signed up here (okay, I'm trying to sign up to every forum I can find as I thought it might be useful!)...

If there are any questions any of you might have about Auto Assembly 2009, feel free to ask! If I'm not around, just ask Hailstorm and I'm sure she'll pass them on to me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Simon
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

WHAT ?????????????????

Grimlock is going to be there ?????????????

:cry: That is really not fair.

:lol:

ME GRIMLOCK WANT TO MUNCH METAL
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Then maybe you should try and get there....? :wink:
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

I will have to see if Jenny wants to come and if we can both get the time off work. :D

HailStorm
Powermaster

Post by HailStorm »

I hope to see y'all there! I'm getting really excited to go.
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

chances are enourmous that i'll try to get there by bike, as in a gigantious road trip...
The past is the greatest teacher
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

that would be truly epic. respekt.
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

it's "only" 640km's from home, so it'll be a nice 3-4 day trip
Commander Megatron

If you decide to go Kup then you must let me know and we can meet up!
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

no problem there, :wink:
Commander Megatron

Excelent Kup, there will be quite an entourage going from treansformerland!!
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

tfl on tour 2009 :lol:
Commander Megatron

Not long to go now!! This time two months for me and Rodimus it will be over and we will be heading home!!
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

after a nice death ride back to the airport :twisted:
Commander Megatron

I have already called shot gun!! Besides, I'm your leader, he can't sit in the front. :twisted:
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Now now children, no arguing about who is sitting in the front.

Besides, whoever sits in the front will be the first through the windshield when he pulls a handbrake turn. :lol:

Who is being brave enough to ride with him then ? :lol:

( I am, of course, joking. Derrick is a very good driver. )

Commander Megatron

Me and Rodimus spoke about it today and came to a compromise...

"Hey, Autobots, you gonna need a new leader!" :twisted:

Grimlock, you gonna be there?