1988 Pontiac Fiero

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Scorn

1988 Pontiac Fiero

Post by Scorn »

I've got an 88 Fiero I'm restoring. Awatching my Gen1 DVDs, I realized it would be bad ass if I did the body on the Fiero with autobot or decepticon emblems and everything. In a way, make the car look like an actual transformer in transformed mode. Replace all the pontiac and pegasus emblems with autobot or decepticon emblems. What does everyone else think?
Last edited by Scorn on Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Savanna RX-7 GT-X
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Savanna RX-7 GT-X »

You and TT should meet, bet you get plenty of ideas.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I'm right here. I have a Fiero myself, and have studied up quite a bit in Feiros and Transformers ;) Firstoff, I'd like to hear all about the car you're working on. Options, condition, etc.
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

I think I have to go find another 84 RX-7 and turn it into Camshaft just so I can go faster than you guys, lmao.
Scorn

Post by Scorn »

Well truth is I'm about to get rid of this car an get another. I bought it wrecked for $300, and the only thing known wrong with it was a dead clutch, possibly bad transmission, and a wreck that fucked the door up. It would have cost me $90 for a new clutch, so I saw it as a good project car to fix up the body and have a nice car. After we started getting some rain and I was getting tired of taping a bag over the window (that didnt roll up all the way) so I got in to see if the door was messed up, or just knocked out of place. Once I started checking it out, I realized that the unibody is bashed in. I could probly get it fixed, but considering I only paid $300 for the car, and I can get another car for less than it would cost to fix this one, I decided I'm just going to take the AC system out (still working), sell this one as a parts car, and get atleast the $300 I paid for it back to put down on another car.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

going to put a missle launcher in the back seat, attached to the rear window?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

hmm. Well, 88 Fieros, particularly GTs, are a lot more rare compared to other years, and its because they were better. the chassis were Lotus tuned, the transmission was upgraded to a five speed Getrag, and every thing was just a little more polished than the previous years. If you're looking to sell parts, there are a lot of fiero "cult" sites that you could easily find buyers on. oh, and if it IS a GT, and the taillight covers are in good shape, that's worth something. PM me if you want more information on just parting out the poor thing. Oh, and, welcome to the site. :)
Scorn

Post by Scorn »

Thanks man, If youre on AIM I'm always on. But no, its only a Tech4, 5spd manual.
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

Time Traveller wrote:going to put a missle launcher in the back seat, attached to the rear window?
Why the hell not, it would sure make those Ricers of Madison leave me alone.
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

Scorn wrote:Thanks man, If youre on AIM I'm always on. But no, its only a Tech4, 5spd manual.
He is not a AIM man, hehe.
Scorn

Post by Scorn »

So anyway, back to the point of the topic, what side should I make the car? An Autobot, or a Decepticon? The emblem used at transfandom.com looks good too, but I've never seen it before.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

If I remember correctly, the Double Spy is a Pontiac Fiero; and one of those pull-back Decepticons, Runabout or Runamuck. I think the Decepticon logo may be of use here.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

hehe. no, runabout and runamuck were a lotus esprit, and ugh... can't remember the other, and i'm not sure which is which. the double spy was a fiero lookalike. it was styled after the fiero, but is not genuine, hasbro wanted to capitalize on the popular styling trick without paying the royalties.
my fiero is an autobot. :P with the silver, i'd go autobot on yours too. and if you feel like doing it, it's a cool idea for a car that needs TLC.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

D'Oh!!!! How could I have passed on that?
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl