Keep Animated Alive - Hasbro Petition

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

HailStorm
Powermaster

Keep Animated Alive - Hasbro Petition

Post by HailStorm »

I don't know how much good this will do, but I wanted to start a petition to send to Hasbro to show them how much support they have for this series. If you enjoy the show, please sign and send the link to your friends. Thanks!

http://petitionspot.com/petitions/TransformersAnimated
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

It might not do much good but if there's a chance it will, I'm signing it!
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

It certainly couldn't hurt. I signed. Up to 227 already!
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Ramjet wrote:It certainly couldn't hurt. I signed. Up to 227 already!
Me did too. I don't know why in the world they want to cancel the show. I think it's one of the best incarnations of the property since the G-1 cartoon ended.

It has new elements to bring in a younger generation to the delicious addiction, but also copious nods of respect to the old series that old school fans love and get.

*flings up arm units*
S0und_wave
Decepticon Communications Officer

Post by S0und_wave »

I signed it, GL
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

It is signed :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
botannica
Targetmaster

Post by botannica »

Is Hasbro crazy?Why would they cancel their show?It is popular with the young kids, the preschoolers and older ones? It helps them sell toys,right? Even older fans and purists like it?
HailStorm
Powermaster

Post by HailStorm »

I just wish that hasbro would be some actually research into their stuff and find out what the fans want, not the stockholders.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

A lot of people like to yell at Hasbro for choices like this.

The things we need to look at are as follows:
1. Are the retailers actually moving the merchandise?
2. Does the cost of making the cartoon actually get paid for by the retailers ordering the merchandise?
3. If the cost of making the toon is not completely being paid for, by the retailers ordering the merchandise, can the line survive without the toon?

You see where I am going with this?

Now, it may be different in all areas, but certain things have not been selling well around here since talk of the economy tanking started.

Voyager class and above from the Universe series, and anything from the Animated series would be top of the list.

So, retailers in my area have not been ordering Animated stuff. If this is a true trend for more than just my area, Hasbro is not getting orders in sufficient numbers to continue producing product. Even if orders are slower for this line, than they are the others, Hasbro needs to concentrate its manpower on the lines that are performing the best.

Let us also consider how many products Hasbro will be releasing this summer with movie tie ins. That shelf space needs to come from somewhere. Should Hasbro not make money off of Wolverine because the stores can't keep the pegs full, while animated series Oil Slick is still sitting there (and boy is he ever sitting there!)?

Retailers are tightening their belts. Consumers are tightening their belts. Hasbro in turn has to tighten their belt.

Hasbro has their faults. We all know they make bad choices. Killing a line because people aren't buying, however, is not a bad choice, especially if it will help them make a line that will sell.
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Well said Magnus, there are indeed a lot of factors to be taken into account and you covered them all!
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

that is an excellent point UM I will still be sad though... :(

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Commander Megatron wrote:Well said Magnus, there are indeed a lot of factors to be taken into account and you covered them all!
You are right, Ultra Magnus. Fans sometimes tend to forget that the cartoons and characters aren't ours. The manufacturers are not making the shows out of the goodness of their hearts, but to make a buck with toy sales. :(
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Wow....

I really want to thank you guys for the kindness and respect that my statements were met with.

You should hear the stuff going on currently, over at many GI Joe forums based on the suspension of the classics line to make room for the movie products (you know, exactly how they did with Transformers in 2007).

No matter how much logic was thrown at the situation, there is still panic and rioting! :lol:
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I think the bigget problem with the Animated line is that IMO, it's the closest thing we have to being a G1. Sure the animation is different the toys are different, but with the fact that G1 was over 20 years ago we are we are still looking for a continueation. Most of us are so attached to G1 and the Animated resembles G1 with a 20+ year upgrade. So when a person sees the end of Animated, they are seeing the end of *another G1*
If you think about it, when was the last time we had a character named Bumblebee in the cartoon series?

G1 holds a special place in our sparks and memory chambers.

I wish they would have just continued G1 with new plots new characters, old characters with new scans. Throughout all the years as one big continueing saga. Maybe after the Animated series, they can make a cartoon that ties all the different cartoons together.
from War Within to Animated.
OOOOOOH A War Within series would be slaggin' awesome!!!
Noble
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Noble »

petition signed, I hope this helps