Live Transformers Movie Question

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Live Transformers Movie Question

Post by SentinelPrime »

In the first live action Transformers movie, I just watched it again for the million time. In the scene where the Autobots have the Sector 7 car surrounded and they rescue Sam and the girl, when they realize more of the sector 7 team is coming at them, all the Autobots except for Prime transform and drive away. WHY didn't Prime transform and drive off with the humans in his cab? Just curious!

Another question: DID Starscream lead the areial assault on firing at Megatron first in the city?
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

In the "Official" comic sequel "The reign of Starscream"
He thinks about it after the F-22's make their first pass but dosen't actually fire... although it would be very characteristic of SS to do that.

As for Prime and Sector 7... Because they had to have the Humans experimenting and torturing the alien(Bumblebee) scene. It's hollywood, where the best tactical choice is always scrapped for a plot!
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

Darn Hollywood :?

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Re: Live Transformers Movie Question

Post by Ultra Magnus »

SentinelPrime wrote: WHY didn't Prime transform and drive off with the humans in his cab? Just curious!
Sentinel, have I not always told you that there are several plot holes large enough to drive a small Unicron through?

This is just one of the Lazerbeak sized ones. :lol:
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

I would say that the deal with Prime not transforming is probably his own reasoning to lure the other humans away, but just like Ultra Magnus said, its just one of many loop holes. besides the budget for the first movie wasn't all that great for what they had to pull off. The second one will be alot better.
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me