What's your fave memory from Transformers animated series ?

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

KL70
Noob

What's your fave memory from Transformers animated series ?

Post by KL70 »

What's your favorite memory or scene, from the original 1980s Transformers
animated TV series. It doesn't matter if you didn't see it when it first aired on TV.

By that I mean a great time in your life while the show first aired (if you saw it then), a scene from the show that was and still is your favorite, or maybe something with an eerie (serious or humorous) parallel to your own life.
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

The one scene I always laugh at is where the sky platform is falling on the Decepticons undersea base and Megatron says...

"Activate the force fields!!!"

To which Soundwave replies

"What force fields?"

LOL!!!
Trailbreaker
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Trailbreaker »

My favorite moments are from the 'more than meets the eye' episodes because the Transformers concept was so new and fresh to me. Moments that stick out are the battle between Prime and Megatron atop the Hoover dam.

Also, I remember watching the preview for the episode when Prime sent Roller into the mine that explodes and watching Prime and his trailer rolling down the hill. The next day at school at school we were all excited about what would happen to Prime.

Looking back on the cartoons of the 80's I really never cared for the good guys in other cartoons. I found Cobra to be so much more entertaining than G.I. Joe members and Skeletor and his crew made me laugh while the peopl of Eternia bored me to tears. The Autobots however had great personalities. Especially Optimus and Jazz. Great show!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

i remember wondering why the heck prime didn't just transform. He could land on his feet, and his trailer would become a non-issue! IDK, even as a kid some of that stuff didn't make sense to me. :lol:
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Its the scale issue that stuck out to me the most when I started rewatching the series. Megatron and soundwave being about the same height as robots as Prime but transforming into hand held items. Or how the decepticons could ride in astrotrain. Even form devastator inside him.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

LD2062 wrote:Even form devastator inside him.
No lie! The transformation size changes were one thing, but sometimes they were just sloppy. two robots would be the same height one day, and the next they'd be completely different orders of magnitude. Broadside was a victim of this...
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

my favourit emoment has to be when grimlock says he will do as hes told

until the next time he doesnt feel like it :lol: :lol:
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

Commander Megatron wrote:The one scene I always laugh at is where the sky platform is falling on the Decepticons undersea base and Megatron says...

"Activate the force fields!!!"

To which Soundwave replies

"What force fields?"

LOL!!!
I've always liked that one too, it's just such an unexpected response. One of my other favourites is just after Rumble and Hound have a fight in MTMTE outside the dam. Rumble just swatting Spike aside like the pathectic human that he is always makes me smile.

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

was that just cause you actually beat hound in that scene and left him buried under a load of rock :twisted:
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

Well i'm not gonna lie to you guys.... That probably has something to do with it! :twisted:

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

mine has to be when the triple changers took over the cons lol its so funny (dont remember the episode but i like it.)

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Scrapper
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Scrapper »

Too many things...

Constructicon's first appearance in "Heavy metal war",I liked them a lot since that first episode.
Then... every time in which Starscream with his typical attitude tries to prove to Megatron that is better than him(when he uses new weapons and instruments) and then he makes terrible mistakes resulting with the Decepticon leader very angry,it's really humorous :lol: .

When I began to watch Transformers season 1 the first image that really impressed me was Soundwave for skills and especially the voice,it was great and appropriate to his role.
And MTMTE has been memorable because it concentrates the essence of these seasons.
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

Easily one of my favorite momments is in "The Ultimate Doom" (don't remember which part) The Autobots are asking the Dinobots for help and Grimlock says" Don't care if whole planet fall apart, makes no difference to Me Grimlock."
Wheeljack: "With you on it?"
Grimlock: "Hnnn, Hadn't thought of that..."
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

My favorite scene comes fron the '86 movie where devastator first forms outside autobot city "Prepare to meet your extermination" Thats one of the best lines ever!
R.I.P. Menasor
Trailbreaker
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Trailbreaker »

Dinobot wrote:My favorite scene comes fron the '86 movie where devastator first forms outside autobot city "Prepare to meet your extermination" Thats one of the best lines ever!
That whole scene rocks. I love that they still play Devastator up to be the ultimate bad ass Decepticon weapon. You could tell that Kup was like 'shit! I guess that's the end of us'. Lucky for them the cavalry arrived.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

yet, all cartoon watchers knew that omega supreme was around here somewhere. oh wait, he fell through a PLOT HOLE never to be seen again! :P having watched the cartoons (as G2 reruns) before i saw the movie, I always wondered where the likes of OS and Superion were for that fight.
Commander Megatron

Post by Commander Megatron »

I can help with that TT...

In the graphic novel of the animated movie it has Perceptor asking Blaster where are Omega, Superion and the others. Blaster apologises and tells him thay ain't coming they have problems of their own. There is a two page spread of Bruticus and Menasor taking on Omega, Superion and Defensor outside the ark

Omega is taking a blast from Bruticus and is

".... situation dire."
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

well on the topic;

it may sound weird, but i mostly remember the season two opening sequence, where grimlock bites Blitzing(?) and the insecticons "go with the flow" , also omega suprime stepping on blitzwing(??) , astrotrain setting off, prime and megatron spinning into a matrix vortex .... aaah the memmories,
The past is the greatest teacher
Trailbreaker
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Trailbreaker »

Time Traveller wrote:yet, all cartoon watchers knew that omega supreme was around here somewhere. oh wait, he fell through a PLOT HOLE never to be seen again! :P having watched the cartoons (as G2 reruns) before i saw the movie, I always wondered where the likes of OS and Superion were for that fight.
Scramble City is an episode that only aired in Japan which is more of a bridge between the original episodes and the movie. It (as well as some toy commercials) explain why many of the combiners are missing from the movie.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I remember being a wee mini con and running home from school every day just to watch GoBots & then Transformers.
My older sisters hated the fact that I always got home before they did.
We only had 1 TV and that was my hour of TV time.

One memory that stuck with me was the fact Starscream always failed to overthrown Megatron and become leader of the Decepticons.