THE Showdown!

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Who would win? Transformers universe or SW universe?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:14 pm

Transformers for sure!
67%
Star Wars, hands down!
11%
Um, not sure....
22%

Total votes: 9

Jazz
City Commander

THE Showdown!

Post by Jazz »

Who would win in a epic all out war? The entire Transformers universe or the entire Star Wars unverse? My bet is on the Transformers for a lot of reasons. I know theres a lot of "What-ifs" in this, but lets place our bets! Discuss! (EDIT:Lets say 'Bots and 'Cons are fighting as one, same with SW, just on big army fighting together)
Last edited by Jazz on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Well, Let's break it down.

Autobots vs. Empire: The empire is huge, but inflexible. The Autobots have been scraping together effective resistance for MILLIONS of years. Plus, Autodudes like Omega would likely be impervious to any standard Turbolaser fire, so nothing short of lightsabers or Death Star/Sun Crusher fire would slow him down. Standard troops would have no trouble outmaneuvering slow walker formations, and Imperial ground troops would obviously stand little chance without mechanization. Regarding special abilities, Vader may have the Force, but Prime has the Matrix... which defeats evil automatically and without further plot development.

Decepticons vs. Rebels: Let's face it, I'm an Alliance guy myself, cus rebels have more fun, and all that. But I just don't know how well improvised tactics would work against an enemy more battle hardened, better trained, and more advanced than anything the Empire has managed to throw at them. I imagine Luke would manage to take down more than a few 'Con lackeys by his onesy, flying his Snowspeeder around Bruticus's legs and all that. But, eventually, his Force couldn't stop the Emporer's lightning, I don't think it would do any better against a fusion cannon. He'd have to count on Megatron's terrible aim.

Decepticons vs. Empire: Similiar to Autobots vs. Empire. Though here, the Decepticons would probably use a little finesse to CAPTURE the death star, rather than destroy it. Maybe Unicron would eat it, who knows. Either way, the Empire might be an impressive military, but giant robots who turn into tanks are pretty much war itself.

Autobots vs. Rebels: well, we know this wouldn't happen, cus both of these teams are smart enough to team up to defeat their mutual enemies, while the Decepticons and Empire are busy tearing each other to shreds over who has the most powerful superweapon.

Autobots win! QED

Great thread, BTW.
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

Valid points TT!
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

Yeah, I have to go for the transformers on this one. Sure Luke could do some damage in his x-wing, but I think most Decepticon jets could out manuver him.
Starwars vessals do have energy shields though... many cybertronian energy based weapons may not penetrate. But then again thats what barrage fire and the Phrase "don't stop til the barrel melts" are for.
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

Plus, with TF's, they could just be the X-Wing like a snap. Thats one of the many factors in the TF victory. (TLA and PD, hurry up and get in this, we've had many a lunch room talks about this!)
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Transformers fer sure. And the energy shield, which Catalyst brought up, while a decent defense, wouldn't stand a chance against the Requiem Blaster or Star Saber. Remember, we're talking the entirety of the TF universe.

It would be a truly epic showdown.
captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

Post by captainamerica »

I think they'd both lose to the crew of the Argo(Yamato) from Starblazers.

Wave Motion Gun FTW!!!
My heart is die-cast.
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

i don't like star wars so transformers for me! lol :lol:
PETER IS GOD!Image
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Time Traveller wrote:Well, Let's break it down.

Autobots vs. Empire: Plus, Autodudes like Omega would likely be impervious to any standard Turbolaser fire, so nothing short of lightsabers or Death Star/Sun Crusher fire would slow him down.
I don't think so... if you follow the SW geekdom closely enough, you'll find that Turbolasers are considered a *small* step down from a Lightsaber. A brief quote from an uber-SW-geek website:
"Of course, with the energy required to vaporise the asteroid (~250 terajoules), a turbolaser bolt must have on the order of 3750 terawatts of firepower. The energy released would be approximately 4 times more than that of the Hiroshima bomb." (This is in reference to an ISD seen vaporizing Asteroids in ESB).
http://www.stardestroyer.net/tlc/Power/index.html

If you read the various pages in the link, you'll find that A LOT of people with FAR too much time on their hands have determined that Star Wars weapons are simply egregiously overpowered. For instance, regarding Luke's X-wing, a man named Michael Wong has calculated "each cannon directs 600 GIGAWATTS to a target. Since this estimate is conservative, an X-Wing's blaster cannons easily release more energy in 10 seconds than the entire United States produces in electrical power."

Now, consider that virtually every craft has shields that can absorb a good portion of the immense power being fired at them...

Not to mention, Ion Cannons would wreak havoc on Transformers.

Furthermore, if we're considering the ENTIRE history of both canons? Star Wars would whup on the Transformers. Between the plethora of Jedis, the vast races and technologies revealed in the Expanded SW Universe, and this impressive list of superweapons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_St ... perweapons),
and believe me, I hate to say this:

The Transformers wouldn't have a chance.
The Last Autobot
City Commander

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

Banzai- Tron,(All in good, nerdy fun here) while good points indeed, your forgetting a few things as far as I see- The whole "Mega X-Wing" fire power thing is pretty killer, whats to say that Sky-Dagger or someone wouldn't just scan an X-wing, transform into it, and deal damage right back? I think any vehicle/ fighter is only feeding fuel to the TF's fire.

Also with firepower/ super weapons (EX: Both Death Stars) I think, could be taken down easily in a number of ways. On way is Unicron gets hungry and eats them, An A-wing disguised TF could fly in and detonate the core, A Pretender could sneak in to sabotage things, and some other ways. And if the Death Star is full of evil, why couldn't Prime just whip out the Matrix?

Ground troops (EX: Any troopers, Rebels, Wookies, Ewoks, Felucians) could never take down giant metal monsters. It would take quite a few Jedi or Sith to take some TFs down. Sure, a Jedi and Sith are BA, but like I said, We have Pretenders that could be one of those and sabotage everybody. Or, a Pretender could be Palpatine and call in
Order 66 and Bam! No more Jedi. If they were killed by a few blasters, imagine ion rifles..... The Sith however....Im sure they would do bulk of the damage to the TFs.

No mattter how much juice is flowing through the gun on a fighter, we have energon, one cube and a few fighters would be toast.

So Banzai- Tron, Im still leaning torwards TFs, but valid points indeed!
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Y'know, I still think you two are completely underplaying the Force. Do you remember Yoda lifting Luke's X-Wing like it was nothing? I'd imagine that a younger Yoda could smash any of these guys pretty easily.

And, since we're counting all canons, sheer numbers are, by FAAAAR, are on Star Wars' side. Multiple of versions of the same galaxy fighting about ten or so of one planet.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Jazz wrote:Banzai- Tron,(All in good, nerdy fun here) while good points indeed, your forgetting a few things as far as I see- The whole "Mega X-Wing" fire power thing is pretty killer, whats to say that Sky-Dagger or someone wouldn't just scan an X-wing, transform into it, and deal damage right back? I think any vehicle/ fighter is only feeding fuel to the TF's fire.
Well, the easiest counterargument is that the Transformer (who the heck's Sky Dagger, anyhow?) wouldn't have the proper power source/raw materials available to do so. And even IF they did... as Prime Directive mentioned, we're talking about BILLIONS (SW) vs. a million, tops (TF).

The Force would also nullify the Pretender advantage, as Pretenders would be quite easily sniffed out.

You didn't read about ALL of those super weapons? The Galaxy Gun shoots planet destroying shells THROUGH HYPERSPACE. The Mass Shadow Generator implodes entire planets AND EVERYTHING AROUND THEM. The Star Forge creates unlimited ships & droids. The Sun Crusher destroys SOLAR SYSTEMS!

The Emperor had a FLEET of Unicrons (World Devastators) in the Dark Empire storyline, for gawds sake.

Finally, the Transformers have a hard enough time finding Energon to fuel their archaic (by Star Wars standards), weaponry.

Two things are absolutely certain:
1) Much blood/oil would be shed.
2) We're bloody/oily nerds for even debating this.[/quote]
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Autobots and Rebels team up to defeat the empire and 'cons..
The Last Autobot
City Commander

I still have to go with TFs's. The most powerful weaponsin the universe (Requiem Blaster and Star Saber) are on their side. I just don't see them losing as long as they have those two.
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

Banzai-Tron wrote:
Jazz wrote:Banzai- Tron,(All in good, nerdy fun here) while good points indeed, your forgetting a few things as far as I see- The whole "Mega X-Wing" fire power thing is pretty killer, whats to say that Sky-Dagger or someone wouldn't just scan an X-wing, transform into it, and deal damage right back? I think any vehicle/ fighter is only feeding fuel to the TF's fire.
Well, the easiest counterargument is that the Transformer (who the heck's Sky Dagger, anyhow?) wouldn't have the proper power source/raw materials available to do so. And even IF they did... as Prime Directive mentioned, we're talking about BILLIONS (SW) vs. a million, tops (TF).

The Force would also nullify the Pretender advantage, as Pretenders would be quite easily sniffed out.

You didn't read about ALL of those super weapons? The Galaxy Gun shoots planet destroying shells THROUGH HYPERSPACE. The Mass Shadow Generator implodes entire planets AND EVERYTHING AROUND THEM. The Star Forge creates unlimited ships & droids. The Sun Crusher destroys SOLAR SYSTEMS!

The Emperor had a FLEET of Unicrons (World Devastators) in the Dark Empire storyline, for gawds sake.

Finally, the Transformers have a hard enough time finding Energon to fuel their archaic (by Star Wars standards), weaponry.

Two things are absolutely certain:
1) Much blood/oil would be shed.
2) We're bloody/oily nerds for even debating this.
[/quote]

Yea, some Pretenders would be terminated, but what about the few that survive? If the Jedi's couldn't tell that they were going to be wasted by clones, could they tell whos real and whos Cybertronian in the midst of war?If clones were not easily sniffed out, couldTFs? And like I said, anything fleshie and non-Jedi/Sith, would easily be destroyed.

And World Devastators (I take it they are big?) could just be munched on by Unicron, giving him MOAR ENERGY!

We could send Scouts to take out the Droid Factory and Kamino.

The Sun Crusher thing...Didn't a G1 episode feature one of those and wasn't a device like that in ROTF? So we have 2? And TFs dont need light, the only horrible outcome from that would be a giant black hole, but The Last Autobot pointed out to me the Unicron Singularity, I'll let him explain it.

The Mass Shadow Generator IS a threat, but 10 Cybertrons full of TFs could locate it and destroy it.

Energon shortage...I think Vector Sigma would allow some spare cubes if the planet it lives in is being pelted by laser fire.

TLA could just swoop around bringing back dead TFs and using a part of Primus.

Sky-Dagger is an Autobot from Cybertron(?) and was in one episode.
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Vector Prime could just freeze time and go around and wipe out all the super big threats like the World Devastator and stuff and then let the other TF's handle the ground troops. Also, TLA could just bring fallen troops back, so that's like an endless army.

Requiem Blaster and Star Saber and Skyboom Shield. That's all I'm sayin'...
Overlord
City Commander

Post by Overlord »

Banzai-Tron wrote:
Time Traveller wrote:Well, Let's break it down.

Autobots vs. Empire: Plus, Autodudes like Omega would likely be impervious to any standard Turbolaser fire, so nothing short of lightsabers or Death Star/Sun Crusher fire would slow him down.
I don't think so... if you follow the SW geekdom closely enough, you'll find that Turbolasers are considered a *small* step down from a Lightsaber. A brief quote from an uber-SW-geek website:
"Of course, with the energy required to vaporise the asteroid (~250 terajoules), a turbolaser bolt must have on the order of 3750 terawatts of firepower. The energy released would be approximately 4 times more than that of the Hiroshima bomb." (This is in reference to an ISD seen vaporizing Asteroids in ESB).
http://www.stardestroyer.net/tlc/Power/index.html

If you read the various pages in the link, you'll find that A LOT of people with FAR too much time on their hands have determined that Star Wars weapons are simply egregiously overpowered. For instance, regarding Luke's X-wing, a man named Michael Wong has calculated "each cannon directs 600 GIGAWATTS to a target. Since this estimate is conservative, an X-Wing's blaster cannons easily release more energy in 10 seconds than the entire United States produces in electrical power."

Now, consider that virtually every craft has shields that can absorb a good portion of the immense power being fired at them...

Not to mention, Ion Cannons would wreak havoc on Transformers.

Furthermore, if we're considering the ENTIRE history of both canons? Star Wars would whup on the Transformers. Between the plethora of Jedis, the vast races and technologies revealed in the Expanded SW Universe, and this impressive list of superweapons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_St ... perweapons),
and believe me, I hate to say this:

The Transformers wouldn't have a chance.
no way dude...Marvel Comics' god-like Unicron for the win. The guy devoured an entire universe.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

*high-fives Overlord*

Also, the line between canon and fanon is very blurry in both... I'd say that limits how far you can reach to pull in superweapons from outside SW stories.
Overlord
City Commander

Post by Overlord »

well, i could also invoke god-like Primus, but that is overkill.

8)