New Transformers Cartoon being cast!!!

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

New Transformers Cartoon being cast!!!

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Thanks to the nice folks at Moonbase2, and their podcast interview with voice actor Michael Bell ( found here ), from such memorable roles as Prowl, Swoop, First Aid, Sideswipe, and Scrapper from the G1 cartoon, as well as Duke and many other from the GI Joe 80's cartoon (seriously, look him up on IMDB, he has over 286 listings, and most of voice work has more than one character).

Well, during the interview, he spills it!

He auditioned for both the new GI Joe toon (26 episodes) and the new Transformers toon.

Michael auditioned for the roles Ratchet and "General Fowler".

Susan Blu (voice director of G1 and voice of G1 Arcee) is is voice directing again!

David Sobolov, who played the voice of Depth Charge in Beast Wars, is another actor up for audition.

It was actually started casting as Animated was wrapping up (on the air). Corey Burton is already, possibly as Prowl.

Discuss amongst yourselves.....
Last edited by Ultra Magnus on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Awesome news!
You've made me really curious - I want to know more about the new cartoon!
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Will it be tied in with Hunt The Decepticons?
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

The Last Autobot wrote:Will it be tied in with Hunt The Decepticons?
As I have delivered almost everything that has been said, I cannot give an answer to that (remember this is not even an official Hasbro release).

Supposition leans towards yes.

We know that Hasbro have a new network being launched in the fall of 2010 in conjunction with Discovery.

We know that both G.I. Joe and Transformers have a new toy line scheduled for second half of 2010.

We know that Hasbro is not a complete bunch of idiots, when it comes to cartoon tie ins (remember the 80's?).

So, one should have every bit of faith that the cartoon should have something to do with the new toy line.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Man oh Man! I want the new video game, "War for Cybertron" to be the next transformers series! In its awesome CGI format! Totally wicked! And wow! The very cool original mold toys we could get out of it!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGZY9ULXwtw
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
S0und_wave
Decepticon Communications Officer

Post by S0und_wave »

New toon and awesome looking game awesome :D