Anyone going to Botcon (OTFCC)?

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

trance
Site Admin

Anyone going to Botcon (OTFCC)?

Post by trance »

I will be going! Hope to see some of you there :P
arcee 1

Post by arcee 1 »

I'll be going to Botcon as well, am very excited about it!

:lol:
Predaking

Post by Predaking »

As I live in Europe it will be quit hard to go there.
I did it once in 1998 in Abnaheim, it was amazing.

Does anybody maybe know if there is something arranged in Europe as well?
KMMA1978
Throttlebot

Post by KMMA1978 »

There is infact a Euro bot-Con as well. I don't know the specifics of it but do some digging you may get lucky.

Post by Guest »

I heard from it as well, but can not find any info about it.
Thanks anyway.

I will continue with my search, meanwhile if somebody finds something out about a European Convention, please let me know

take care
spidude

Post by spidude »

Anyone have a link for the clip from the new live action Transformers movie showing Bumblebee transforming?
KMMA1978
Throttlebot

Post by KMMA1978 »

Dude that not a clip from the movie thats just a movie that someone did with a new bug in one off the many animation programs for a computer. I have the thing saved to my comp.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

OOH--that's still cool, can I see it KMMA?
KMMA1978
Throttlebot

Post by KMMA1978 »

I'll email it to you just let me know when you get it.
KMMA1978
Throttlebot

Post by KMMA1978 »

I sent it to [email protected].
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Woah :shock: That was sweet! I thought the whole live-action thing was gonna be cheesy, like guys walking around in cardboard suits or something. I'm assuming a production company could do a way better job, now I cant wait!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

hey! how come i never heard about this? when is it supposed to come?
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

i was going to ask you to send the clip to me, too, KMMA1978, but i think i found it on my own by mistake. Assuming i found the one you're talking about, anyone else who wants to see it can find it available for free download in .mpg format at the website(s) of the guy who made it: <http://home.comcast.net/~msmith1015/Homepage.htm> or <http://mywebpages.comcast.net/msmith1015/Frames.htm>. There are two versions of the mpg, one ~1.5 Megs and a high resolution one ~4.7 Megs. i only downloaded the latter, so i can't compare the two for you; you'll just have to try it yourselves to see if you think it's worth getting the HiRes, which costs twice as much. (i told you it was free, didn't i?)

By the way, friend spidude, look at the colors, look at the transformation, and look at his head. That's not Bumblebee--that's Jazz! He's just wearing a New Beetle instead of a racecar. Regardless of who it is, though, it's still pretty awesome. And if a guy can do this just for kicks, just imagine what's coming for us on the big screen!

That's right, i said big screen! For those who haven't heard, the Transformers are getting their very own live action movie! i first learned of it on the <http://www.transformerland.com> main page, and have since seen too many references to it to believe it's just a rumor. However, i have yet to find anything to confirm or deny what i found regarding the film's intended storyline from this article: <http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808512169>. (That's where i found the link that led me to the New Beetle transformation movie.) i've never looked at the Yahoo! Movies pages before, so i don't know how reliable the information is, but as i said, i haven't found any other reports supporting or contrary to that entry.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

holy crap, man. that is awesome. i'm speechless. reserve me a seat at the theatre!