BOTCON registration open

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

trance
Site Admin

BOTCON registration open

Post by trance »

I stepped out for an hour (finally got my bum laptop back) because Best Buy messed up when putting it back together and left the network card out...and when I come back, Botcon registration had finally opened

....and 300 people had already registered.

There goes a week of my life, lol!
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

Registered too. Though mine was Wednesday and I was # 1552.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Computron wrote:Registered too. Though mine was Wednesday and I was # 1552.
That translates to somewhere between registrant # 500 and 600, I think. (They started around #1000, and handed out a BUNCH of duplicate registration #'s!!!)

I can't believe Hasbro lets these knuckleheads run the show, when they can't even come up with a timely, effective, bug free online registration system in... 7 years?
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Banzai-Tron wrote:
That translates to somewhere between registrant # 500 and 600, I think. (They started around #1000, and handed out a BUNCH of duplicate registration #'s!!!)

I can't believe Hasbro lets these knuckleheads run the show, when they can't even come up with a timely, effective, bug free online registration system in... 7 years?
the dupe registration numbers probably happened because they assigned them BEFORE the final submission, so if I'm #10 and I start a minute before you, but I don't finish before you start your registration, we'll both be assigned #10. If there were 100 registrants with only 35 unique numbers, that's gotta be what happened. Novice mistake, if I'm qualified to say that...I was wondering why it was taking them so long to finish up the code, they seem to have little idea what they are doing.
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Um I'm 12 and what is this?

But seriously. What do you mean by registration and whatnot?
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

The Last Autobot wrote:Um I'm 12 and what is this?

But seriously. What do you mean by registration and whatnot?
http://www.botcon.com/BotCon10/

if you want to get the expensive exclusive sets and souvenir figs, you need to pre-register. earlier registrants get more perks