War For Cybertron Video Game Critique!

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

War For Cybertron Video Game Critique!

Post by SentinelPrime »

This game is WICKED AWESOME!!! It's easy to play and the multiple player features are AWESOME! The graphics are great, the characters are great! The various firepower is awesome! And the storyline and voices as it progresses is AWESOME!!!! I highly recommend it to all! :D
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Bluestreak
Noob

Post by Bluestreak »

Heck yeah I just stopped playing, been playing it for the last 4-5 hours. Haha
Swindle
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Swindle »

Same here!
"Make deals, not war!"

PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Hopefully, I'll be able to buy a PS3 later this week. First game to buy is obvious.

But my mother wants me to save for a TV or something. The one I have is fine. :|
The Dark is Coming
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I used my old TV when I got my PS3. It worked fine except that some games that are in 720 had really small text that was hard to read on the screen. Then I upgraded to a HDTV and LOVED it. But the PS3 is far more important than the tv. Especially if you don't have HD cable or satellite. normal cable looks awful on an HDTV. I only use my new TV for PS3. Even blueray is a waste. More money to look exactly the same as a DVD on normal TV.

I've added transformers to the top of my gamefly account. But per usual the game I want most has low availability.
Swindle
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Swindle »

If anybody pre-ordered it for Xbox and got the jazz or demolisher code could I maybe have it? (You will probably want it for yourself though) that would be very nice of you. :D
"Make deals, not war!"

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

This seems to be ALL the features available with Wii Platform:

Transformers™: Cybertron™ Adventures - Available only on the Wii™

*Battle as the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS through two unique campaigns
*Original Missions designed exclusively for the Wii tell the untold story of Cybertron
*Team up with a friend in two player co-op to dominate the battlefield.

Can't afford Playstation or X-Box systems right now. It's better than nothing. The Wii version is still alot of fun. Just wish one could change the weapons options. :(
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

I bought a 360 last week just for this game. Bad thing is I cant get it until tomorrow. Luckily for me GameStop said they will hold my preorder until then for me. :D
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

On the same topic as critiques - It looks like this game is being received well.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plug ... ek/1403242
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

It does look pretty awesome. I wasn't going to get it, but I think I might after all!
Scrapper
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Scrapper »

I'll buy this game within the end of the summer, probably I'll chose the PS3 version :D .Game is already available here too!
Character design,atmosphere and gameplay ,everything is promising..I'm very impatient to play it .
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Im gonna go get mine tomorrow! I cant wait.
R.I.P. Menasor
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Very cool story, if a bit cheesy in places.

But, overall, definitely the best Transformers game to date.
The Dark is Coming
Noble
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Noble »

I have to say I'm really enjoying the game so far, I especially like the little G1 references they put in. Shamefully amazon messed up so I had to buy the game instore on the day which means I didn't get any extra characters but I was thankfully lucky enough to grab the last copy of the game in my town :D
Noble
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Noble »

I have to say I'm really enjoying the game so far, I especially like the little G1 references they put in. Shamefully amazon messed up so I had to buy the game instore on the day which means I didn't get any extra characters but I was thankfully lucky enough to grab the last copy of the game in my town :D
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

I'm going to pick up my copy tonight. I won't be sleeping. Hey PD, can 2 people play it at once?
Swindle
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Swindle »

3 people can play online on campaign and 4 on escalation.
"Make deals, not war!"

The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

I beat it a couple days ago and have neglected to post a critique.

It felt like Gears of War II with a Transformers skin. I like GoWII. My biggest complaint with the game is this. No cover mechanic? Seriously? At least give me the ability to crouch...the lack of a cover mechanic took away from the playability, but not so bad that I didn't like it. Second complaint? Ammo felt too scarce, and some guns (like my favorite, the energon battle pistol) had too low of an ammo count. Last complaint? I really wished I could have just left my melee weapon out all of the time and perhaps a little more melee focused combat. Otherwise, this was a really great game. It looked and sounded great, and the action was perfectly paced. Loved every minute of it!
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I just installed it a few hours ago so I still slogging through campaign. So far I think its pretty decent, but hopefully multiplayer is more fun.

I agree ammo is in way to short supply. And really I think most of the weapons are annoying. And have too low a rate of fire. An issue that also plagues the melee weapon. It so annoying trying to smash someone with an over shield and having that delay between swings.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

It was pretty annoying the 4 times the game froze when I was going through campaign mode. Buts its enraging when it happens online! Twice now the match has dropped and I got no experience. Once I had 10 kills the other 16 with a lead of 3 over everyone else. :evil: Which is really rare for me. And really a blow as I'm just at level 6 and playing scout. And its frozen. And even when it doesn't drop its lagged like crazy. My guy just warps around the screen.

And where do you go to use the unlocked characters?

And how do you get to play the characters you create? It gives me the weapons and equipment and class I choose. But not the bot frame or the custom colors. And never once have I been an autobot on deathmatch.

I find the create a character REALLY underwhelming. I knew they were going to really limit the body options. But whats with only letting you pick from 5 colors?