Pawn Stars

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Will he sell his collection?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:42 am

Yes
17%
No
83%

Total votes: 6

skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

i had to go to bed early so i coudn't watch it. :( maybe it will be up on youtube. i will find it somehow.
PETER IS GOD!Image
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

I tried watching videos on the History Channel website, but it turns out that they aren't available in my country. Too bad. :(

@ skywarp408 - If you find it on youtube, do let me know!
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

The camera kept going so damn fast on the video that i had to keep freezing the shot to see what he has. I'm more curious as to what boxes and cardbacks he has for them and what condition the figures are in and if they are complete. He's got a ton of stuff! :shock:

He should start talking to people on transformer websites and slowly part it out. I'd buy some later stuff from him if he has the packaging with the figures and they are complete.
PETER IS GOD!Image
Swindle
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Swindle »

I just watched it I agree with Chumlee "Holy mother of Transformers....".
"Make deals, not war!"

The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

2 Fort Max
7 Skorponok
Like 5 Omega Supreme
At least 3 Blasters...

Jeez...this guy would get so rich if he sold them intelligently...
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

I'm betting he wasn't actually expecting to sell them on PS. I think he was just trying to draw attention to his collection, so he'd be known to people and sell more quickly.
The Dark is Coming
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

That would be an interesting tactic, But where would he sell them that being on pawn stars would help?
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Wow, that's a very impressive collection! I wonder if he'll end up selling them one by one or as a lot.

Thanks for the link, LD2062!
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I wish they had shown the other room of them too.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Its an impressive collection, but he wont be able to get the money he wants unless he starts selling them one my one, even then, he proboably wont get that amount. Its a rough economy. Except for those looking for fort maxs lol.
R.I.P. Menasor
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

LD2062 wrote:That would be an interesting tactic, But where would he sell them that being on pawn stars would help?
Well, I should say he caught the fandom's attention, and who more likely to bid way over price on ebay than the fans? :P
The Dark is Coming
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

I am about 95% certain that I've talked to this guy about purchasing his collection. Somebody (I think it might have been here), posted a link to his Craigslist posting about a year ago.

At that time, he wanted around $30-35k for them. I told him they *might* be worth that on the upper end, but he'd need to come up with a complete inventory, since it would take the better part of a day or two for someone else to do it. And then he'd have a hard time selling them as a lot for top dollar, and that about $20k would be the absolute best he could do, and he'd *still* need an itemized list to hope to get that.

If it's the same guy, it's nice to see that the local toy guy validated my guesstimate of the value.

I'm going to go against the bulk of the community on this one, but, if you really sit down and think about it, the Pawn Stars offer was actually pretty darn fair. $20k - 20% Ebay fees = $16k. 1000 figures, at 4 listings per hour (if your *good), gives you 250 man hours of work. *If* you can find someone willing to work for minimum wage that has enough intelligence to list them correctly, that's $2500. That take you down to a total of $13,500 for the lot. So the PS could expect to make $3,500 if they purchased it at $10k. That's a pretty standard margin.

What I'd be *really* interested to know, is WWTP? What would Trance pay?
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

LD2062 wrote:I see a storage locker in that guy's future. No way he sells them quick.

Man what a collection. (1000?) transformers I think he said. $20K seems a low value unless most aren't complete. 2 fort max, like 6 Piranacon. He seemed to have more G1 scorponok than twintwists. How many of each does that guy need? Still, asid from the jumpstarters, I cannot think of many transformers that wouldn't be worth more than $20 complete. Seems like either it should be worth much more, or there are a lot less than 1000 figures.
Errr... what about all the minibots, battlechargers, triggerbots, etc? I haven't examined the video closely yet, but if this is the same guy I was talking to, there's at least 100 of them, and they pull down your average pretty fast. I think $20k is going to be pretty spot on value.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Yeah, point taken. My eye is always drawn to fort max, trip, omega, scorponok, the row of devastator. I just don't pay attention to the little ones.