That thing-a-ma-doober that zapped all the G1 TF on Earth

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

whodagoose
Noob

That thing-a-ma-doober that zapped all the G1 TF on Earth

Post by whodagoose »

Hey,

Quick question, after the G1 Transformers crashed on Earth and the arc popped open, a device started scanning Earth objects and altering the Transformers to match Earth stuff...did that scanner device have a name?

(No, not Teletran 1, just the device that did the scanning. Did they ever name it in the cartoon or comics? Or a name for the process of scanning a transformer to alter what it transforms into?) Thanks!

-Goose
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I dont think they ever named it. Probably figured it was easier to consider it an integral part of teletran 1 so it didnt need its own name. That same thing was in beast wars as part of the stasis pods, but didnt have a name either. Plus, the scanning action is heard from one of the pods "scanning for compatible lifeforms" is the only thing i can come up with, also from beast wars.
R.I.P. Menasor
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

No, I don't think it ever got an official name.

However, iGear named it 'scanning satellite' in their IG-TF007 product that they sell.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Actually, yes, it was named. It was a "Sky Spy satellite".

In the G1 CARTOON continuity, it was the "search and repair protocol" that activated the 'Sky Spy Satellite" which did the scanning of earth vehicles for Teletraan I.

There were several of them... one was shot down by Megatron, one played a prominent role in the Kremzeek episode.

In the G1 MARVEL COMIC continuity, it was simply an unnamed satellite drone.

Incidentally, the process is referred to as 'Trans-scanning" in the Bayformer 'verse. How original, eh?
whodagoose
Noob

Post by whodagoose »

Banzai-Tron wrote:Actually, yes, it was named. It was a "Sky Spy satellite".

In the G1 CARTOON continuity, it was the "search and repair protocol" that activated the 'Sky Spy Satellite" which did the scanning of earth vehicles for Teletraan I.

There were several of them... one was shot down by Megatron, one played a prominent role in the Kremzeek episode.

In the G1 MARVEL COMIC continuity, it was simply an unnamed satellite drone.

Incidentally, the process is referred to as 'Trans-scanning" in the Bayformer 'verse. How original, eh?
There we go! Thats exactly the info I was looking for! Thank so much Banzai-Tron! Now to check out that kremzeek episode :3