G1 Transformers episodes on The Hub

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

G1 Transformers episodes on The Hub

Post by SentinelPrime »

I am excited that after the G1 series quit airing in reruns in US in early 1990s that it back back in all its glory for a whole new generation to see! Although I have the complete series on DVD, I still plan to set the DVR to record it daily.

Brings back good memories of when I'd get home after work and couldn't wait to see each new episode! :D

Also excited to get to see all the original G1 G.I. Joe episodes as well. I never really got hooked on this series until later on. Gonna watch them with my son...he's never seen them! :wink:

Anyone else excited to see this old shows again? And when is the new Transformers series suppose to air????
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

According to TFW2005, Transformers: Prime is set to go on-air, early December.
I'm still disappointed that they cut the Animated series short, but I'm looking forward to see this!
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Minerva wrote:According to TFW2005, Transformers: Prime is set to go on-air, early December.
I'm still disappointed that they cut the Animated series short, but I'm looking forward to see this!
You and me both...
Wreck Gar
Targetmaster

Post by Wreck Gar »

Any word on the Season 3 DVD release of the Animated cartoon?
That cartoon made me Wreck-Gar a star again!

Transformers Animated season 3 DVD not sold in stores...
NOT SOLD ANYWHERE!!
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Wreck Gar wrote:Any word on the Season 3 DVD release of the Animated cartoon?
That cartoon made me Wreck-Gar a star again!

Transformers Animated season 3 DVD not sold in stores...
NOT SOLD ANYWHERE!!
>Implying Wreck-Gar ever was a star

Nah, I'm just hazing the new guy! Welcome to the forums!
Wreck Gar
Targetmaster

Post by Wreck Gar »

bah weep granna weep niddi bon
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

My wife is DVR'ing everything off the HUB: My Little Ponies which she was extremely mad (not to mention jealous) because this wasn't the original show. She said it's not fair they're airing original G.I. Joe/Transformers shows for boys and won't do the same for the girls watching the network...lol. Strawberry Shortcake (see above) and Fraggle Rock of course (win!). I'm with Sentinel, I have both the ARAH G.I. Joe and G1 Transformers box sets already but still find myself watching an episode a day of each off the HUB as my sets collect dust. :lol:
DK Prime
Targetmaster

Post by DK Prime »

Daaamned i can't see it here in DK...and dunno if there is any webisodes out there yet...
Thanks for my sig tfshadowcons :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Those who deny freedom to others, do not deserve it for themselves. Abraham Lincoln.
Dai Atlas
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Dai Atlas »

The HUB is pretty cool so far I regularly watch Batman Beyond, G1, and G.I. Joe. Even though I have the latter two on dvd it is nostalgic to watch them on tv again as if they were being aired for the first time. Ahhhhh I feel like a kid again....now where is that bowl of Cap'N Crunch :D
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
-John Lennon
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

i set the dvr to record gi joe lmao i got a bootleg copy of g1 so the kids watch those endlessly lol. im a bit annoyed that the new transformers and joe didnt make the start up day. but i am enjoying batman beyond i didnt catch many of those when they they aired in the 90's.

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

cool!
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

DK Prime wrote:Daaamned i can't see it here in DK...and dunno if there is any webisodes out there yet...
Lacking cable myself, i'm hoping my computer will let me watch episodes at http://www.hubworld.com/ (i saw the web address on a Power Core Combiners package). i think the site said they'll have episodes online, but i haven't tried viewing any yet.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Just got through watching "A Prime Problem" and as my DVR begins to fill up on healthy doses of G1 Transformers and ARAH G.I. Joe I can only wonder how many more Americans across the country are doing the same? Maybe with a decent rating they'll include more vintage shows from the 80's such as Masters of the Universe, M.A.S.K and Thundercats in their late night programming.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

I agree with you Roadbuster. My Dvr is full of Transformers and GI Joe episodes, I haven't got to yet. Also been taping the old Batman series. It's worth a good laugh. Forgot how cheezy it was.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Has anyone noticed that the HUB doesn't air any episodes beyond Season 2? I've had my DVR set to record this series from the start and once they got to episode 65 (B.O.T) it just rolled back over to episode 1 again. I have the entire series on dvd but find it much more convenient to just hit the playback button from the t.v. controller when I want to watch some G1. Just perplexes me that they won't air anything from Season 3. :(