Transformers:Prime Series Review

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Counterpunch, Blackjack.... I mean... uh.. Counterpoint. (My brain is obviously REAL near by)

Jack Darby seems to be an exceptional human... He realizes he's WAY out of his league hanging with giant robots, and leaves. Miko is already way worse than Sari, though.

Also, I'd like to comment on Bulkhead's fighting skill. I don't think I have seen any like it before in Transformers. He's a decent shot with his ranged weapons (I love how they each have two, one in each hand. Makes sense, doesn't it? Why carry rifles that can be dropped?). He uses improvised weaponry with great skill. He uses an Eradicon as a meat shield. Despite his rotundity, he uses strength and agility to climb a cliff face and jump to the top of the ship. Despite his "TRUKK MODE", he can drive like a bat out of hell with the best of them. Lastly, he finishes what he starts. Did you see the way he tore that spark core out of an Eradicon?
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

i personally like it very well loved how the female flesh creature threw up in bulkhead. (btw i cant wait for the toy of him)

the 2 boys are ok there atelast holding there own. there not super human but not wimps either.

love how everyone is drawn/generated except prime without the face shield. i love the interchangeable guns/melee/hand deal.

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

After seeing epsiodes 4 and 5...this series has great pontential. Bulkhead kicked butt! Love Ratchet and Arcee! Megs and Prime great stuff! Don't understand why they had to kill off Cliffjumper in the first episode! Thnik there's any chance they could bring him back?
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

May have judged a book by its cover. Of course they made Jack, Miko, and Raf central to the story. They were introducing the characters and making a point that the Autobots need something that they can feel the need to protect about Earth. The bonds formed between the TFs and their human counterparts was well written in Episode 5.

I know that parts of Beast Wars brought tears to my eyes, but that was the last time a TF series did that. This same reaction was provoked during the Autobot's solemn homecoming in this episode. When Jack realizes which one of the Autobots has a faint life signature in particular. Up until this episode Arcee was really getting on my nerves for coming off as too lone wolf.

I overall enjoyed this last episode very much and would like to see this be developed into a regular series. The series will most likely deal a lot less with the human-Autobot interaction, featuring episdoal stories that focus on each character and some overarching plot arcs that deal with a wider variety of issues.

All hail Starscream. This incarnation is the best there is at what he does, but what he does isn't very nice.

I also want to offer a correction to my previous statement. I may not have liked Sari, but she falls more into the Wheelie category, being an annoying robot and not human.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

after careful consideration ( and being asked by my danish beauty to watch it :lol: ) my thoughts are thus ...

twas brilliant watching but i dont like the idea that soundwave cant talk and has no face and the idea that all the cons aside from megs screamer and soundwave seem to be just drones and have no personalities

more importantly ...

YET AGAIN THERES NO SIGN OF ME IN THERE ... WHEN DO I GET SOME LOVE IN A TF SERIES ????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now ive got that off my cockpit ...

me being a G1 fanatic ... i did like how they used the one shall stand line at the end

gotta wonder if unicron himself will make an appearence at some point though since theyve already mentioned him

and what will become of cybertron itself ?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Sorry Dirge, but i LOVE the fact that Soundwave doesn't have a face or personality. He's never had a personality in my opinion. Omega Supreme has more of a personality, and he TRIES to be bland.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

a faceless con thats mute aside from recordings of others talking is just plain strange to me ..

but then ... i a geewunner through and through :lol:

gotta admit though ... i like the cross between G1 and LAM when it comes to megatron himself
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Hey everyone!
Don't forget to watch the latest episode of Transformers: Prime, "Masters & Students"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4OPdySF4xc
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Skyquake kicked major tailpipe in this episode. Shame he bit the dust so soon without any future character development.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Perhaps he didn't bite the dust...?
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

He hit pretty hard... :lol: ...Bumblebee's star shined bright in this episode as he finally proved what a warrior he truly is by giving Skyquake the ride of his life. :twisted:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

And without talking! Primus, I love Bee being mute :P
I suspect we haven't seen the last of Skyquake. Also, I'm glad they're realizing that jets, though sleek and slender looking, are actually kind of HUGE.
How many eps til Megatron is kicking (probably Screamer's ass) again?
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Skyquake was the best Decepticon so far, hands down. If he is a Cliffjumper I will be most displeased. The odd thing is, I recall a Skyquake being used as a roleplay character by Dez. Kind of freaked out to actually see the character in something after all I know of the roleplay Skyquake. Kind of an obscure G1 character brought back for this series and I like that. He had loyalty and honor but wasn't the big dumb brute that Lugnut in TFA was. Very commendable.

I enjoyed that we finally get to see just how obsessed this Starscream is with command. Looking forward to having Megatron back, perhaps without the crazy 'resurrect an army of zombies' thing.

Less focus on the humans, Ratchet is awesome = happy Blackjack.
Crankshaft
Targetmaster

Post by Crankshaft »

Yeah, I love the storyline, but I wish Bumblebee actually spoke in this show, or at least talk through his radio. He probably can't do that because of copyright issues.
Optimus: Transfuhm und uttuhk!!

Bumblebee: What did you say?

Optimus: *takes down faceplate* I said transform and attack!!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I'd love to see a G1-esque Wreck Gar added to the Autobot Roster soon. I feel they (Autobots) need more comedic relief in this series.
Crankshaft
Targetmaster

Post by Crankshaft »

Roadbuster wrote:I'd love to see a G1-esque Wreck Gar added to the Autobot Roster soon. I feel they (Autobots) need more comedic relief in this series.
Agreed. After all what happened to Cliffjumper is like a family tragedy for them.

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Crankshaft wrote:Yeah, I love the storyline, but I wish Bumblebee actually spoke in this show, or at least talk through his radio. He probably can't do that because of copyright issues.
Sorry, still glad he can't talk or use radio. It just seems much better that way.
Crankshaft
Targetmaster

Post by Crankshaft »

Time Traveller wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:Yeah, I love the storyline, but I wish Bumblebee actually spoke in this show, or at least talk through his radio. He probably can't do that because of copyright issues.
Sorry, still glad he can't talk or use radio. It just seems much better that way.
Why? You didn't like the live action movies or do you like the G1 Bumblebee better?

Actually being the Autobot with the weakest speech capabilities helps Bumblebee stand out more, like I wish they did with the Prime version of Bulkhead. This Bulkhead seems a little less likable than the Animated Bulkhead. Both were deadly fighters but the Bill Flagerbake Bulkhead was a bit goofier and more sensitive.

Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

It's always better when the kid-appeal character doesn't talk. They go and make friends with fleshbags and basically exist solely for the smaller children to imagine they're friends with the giant robots. Bumblebee (in all his forms), Cheetor, Hot Rod (Unicron Trilogy). I thoroughly approve of the modern trend in decreasing their ability to talk, though maybe not the trend in naming them all Bumblebee. IMHO the only Bumblebee that should have the ability to talk is the one on the boards. :P
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

and sometimes then you all wish i would shut up lmao

i like it im just glad that they made my toon/movie self something other than a compact lol i liked the chris rockish attitude that the animated bb had but not the hatchback..... i like that they kept the camaroish bodystyle. and atleast this one isnt a push over. g1 was a bit smart alec but not a great fighter but a great spy.

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520