Transformers:Prime Series Review

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

ancientspark
Decoy

Post by ancientspark »

Crankshaft wrote:Yeah, I love the storyline, but I wish Bumblebee actually spoke in this show, or at least talk through his radio. He probably can't do that because of copyright issues.
What copyright issues? Bumblee is owned by HASBRO and they MAKE THIS SHOW...??!?!?!?

They can't pay Dan Gilvezan enough to come back, he's moved on... and RATHER than to put SOME other guy's voice in there... they decided to let it rest and do something else.. because ONLY 1 person in my book can EVER be a SPEAKING BB... and that's DAN "Spiderman" Gilvezan.

So... what copyright issues are you aware of since he is in fact owned by the very people who make the show?

I'm intrigued.
----------------------
AncientSpark - I've been ... around.
ancientspark
Decoy

Post by ancientspark »

Crankshaft wrote:
Time Traveller wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:Yeah, I love the storyline, but I wish Bumblebee actually spoke in this show, or at least talk through his radio. He probably can't do that because of copyright issues.
Sorry, still glad he can't talk or use radio. It just seems much better that way.
Why? You didn't like the live action movies or do you like the G1 Bumblebee better?

Actually being the Autobot with the weakest speech capabilities helps Bumblebee stand out more, like I wish they did with the Prime version of Bulkhead. This Bulkhead seems a little less likable than the Animated Bulkhead. Both were deadly fighters but the Bill Flagerbake Bulkhead was a bit goofier and more sensitive.
Ummm Patrick from Spongebob is not an appropriate template for a TRANSFORMER. of ANY kind... and I LOVE SPONGEBOB AND PATRICK, in their OWN SHOWS!!

Now with that being said, Bulkhead is probably one of the BEST new characters SINCE Animated to get REVIVED into the next show... and he has heart and yeah, he is a bit more gruff and rough around the edges, but this is a far far cry from Animated by any means and the whole point of TF-PRIME is to have a new, MUCH more SERIOUS show!
----------------------
ancientspark
Decoy

Post by ancientspark »

Rattrap wrote:It's always better when the kid-appeal character doesn't talk. They go and make friends with fleshbags and basically exist solely for the smaller children to imagine they're friends with the giant robots. Bumblebee (in all his forms), Cheetor, Hot Rod (Unicron Trilogy). I thoroughly approve of the modern trend in decreasing their ability to talk, though maybe not the trend in naming them all Bumblebee. IMHO the only Bumblebee that should have the ability to talk is the one on the boards. :P
HOT ROD? There WAS no Hot Rod in the Unicron Trilogy, only Rodimus in Energon... and he wasn't ever Hot Rod in that..

I think you are thinking of Hot-Shot... and in that case, yeah.
----------------------
ancientspark
Decoy

Post by ancientspark »

Blackjack wrote:
Crankshaft wrote: Same.

Also I wanna add that the Prime version of Starscream comes off as even more evil than past versions of the character. If there were a villain archetype for each of the Decepticons I've seen on Transformers Prime so far, Megatron would be the ruthless dictator, Soundwave would be the cold-blooded stalker, and Starscream would be the demented surgeon.
Ooooh, I like him. Can we keep him?

Let bounce series reviews off each other until the cows come home.

I too enjoy that Bumblebee doesn't talk but I enjoy more that he's not the Michael Bay Bumblebee. The character is overdone in those movies. Now I'm really mainly a G1 guy at heart, so that Bumblebee will always hold the special place in my heart, but the fact that they found a classy way to do the character without making him speak in radio is good on them. Also he's funnier that way too.

I have never really liked Bulkhead. I think animated Bulkhead, like most of the characters in that show, is a joke. The Prime version of him is much better in my opinion simply for the fact that he's the warrior type. I haven't watched the newest ep yet and I see in the preview that he 'screams like a little girl' but I enjoy this much surlier version of the character to the Animated version. In Animated they were trying to hard to parody Spongebob by having Spongebob/Bumblebee and Patrick/Bulkhead.

This is my favorite Starscream to date. Except maybe the one from Armada (I think it is though I'm not sure). It's the one where he was a loyal warrior who felt Megatron was leading the Decepticons down a path of destruction. I never watched any of the Unicron trilogy all the way through so I'm not really familiar with which is which but I like that Starscream. Still this Starscream is certainly more vicious and capable than previous incarnations. He's not a joke. Animated Starscream was immortal for a while, but he was still a joke. This one is a credible threat to Megatron's reign becuase he's not constantly looking for a way to stab his leader in the back, he's merely biding his time.

I don't feel that we know enough about Soundwave to classify him as a cold-blooded anything. He pretty much just stands around whoever's in charge and repeats back what people have said. He's probably the most like his G1 counterpart.
I think it's HIGH time we get a BACKSTORY to Soundwave, I mean when have they EVER done that? I am going to have to ask Flint Dille if they had ever planned that... (he's on my FB). he was a major writer for G1 and possibly they had plans maybe on a story?

ALL we know of him is he has his minions and LOVES Them.. because there is a point where Blaster grabs his boys and he screams "MY TAPES!!" it was VERY revealing.... So HOW DID SOUNDWAVE come to be and did he have the boys all along or did he get them from a failed marriage?
----------------------
alphatron
Noob

Post by alphatron »

ancientspark wrote:
Blackjack wrote:
Crankshaft wrote: Same.

Also I wanna add that the Prime version of Starscream comes off as even more evil than past versions of the character. If there were a villain archetype for each of the Decepticons I've seen on Transformers Prime so far, Megatron would be the ruthless dictator, Soundwave would be the cold-blooded stalker, and Starscream would be the demented surgeon.
Ooooh, I like him. Can we keep him?

Let bounce series reviews off each other until the cows come home.

I too enjoy that Bumblebee doesn't talk but I enjoy more that he's not the Michael Bay Bumblebee. The character is overdone in those movies. Now I'm really mainly a G1 guy at heart, so that Bumblebee will always hold the special place in my heart, but the fact that they found a classy way to do the character without making him speak in radio is good on them. Also he's funnier that way too.

I have never really liked Bulkhead. I think animated Bulkhead, like most of the characters in that show, is a joke. The Prime version of him is much better in my opinion simply for the fact that he's the warrior type. I haven't watched the newest ep yet and I see in the preview that he 'screams like a little girl' but I enjoy this much surlier version of the character to the Animated version. In Animated they were trying to hard to parody Spongebob by having Spongebob/Bumblebee and Patrick/Bulkhead.

This is my favorite Starscream to date. Except maybe the one from Armada (I think it is though I'm not sure). It's the one where he was a loyal warrior who felt Megatron was leading the Decepticons down a path of destruction. I never watched any of the Unicron trilogy all the way through so I'm not really familiar with which is which but I like that Starscream. Still this Starscream is certainly more vicious and capable than previous incarnations. He's not a joke. Animated Starscream was immortal for a while, but he was still a joke. This one is a credible threat to Megatron's reign becuase he's not constantly looking for a way to stab his leader in the back, he's merely biding his time.

I don't feel that we know enough about Soundwave to classify him as a cold-blooded anything. He pretty much just stands around whoever's in charge and repeats back what people have said. He's probably the most like his G1 counterpart.
I think it's HIGH time we get a BACKSTORY to Soundwave, I mean when have they EVER done that? I am going to have to ask Flint Dille if they had ever planned that... (he's on my FB). he was a major writer for G1 and possibly they had plans maybe on a story?

ALL we know of him is he has his minions and LOVES Them.. because there is a point where Blaster grabs his boys and he screams "MY TAPES!!" it was VERY revealing.... So HOW DID SOUNDWAVE come to be and did he have the boys all along or did he get them from a failed marriage?
I've always wondered about Soundwave's backstory too. All I know is that he was a gladiator around the same time as Megatron. If you know Flint Dille, I'm sure he's got a backstory in his head somewhere.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Transformers Prime series

Post by SentinelPrime »

This series has really impressed me! The CGI and animation is awesome! The story lines are great! What do you think about how season two ended? Is Prime dead? Season three is introducing Beast Hunters...beast transformers. Should be very interesting!
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

So far Transformers Prime has been really, really good, and I've enjoyed every episode. The season finale was quite the cliffhanger though, so I can't wait for the next season to begin! Right now I'm a little skeptical of Beast Hunters, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. :)
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

If the beast hunters resemble anything of beast wars, I will be elated. Seeing as how beast wars is my all time favorite cartoon.
R.I.P. Menasor
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I have a feeling Thundertron and his new faction of Star Seekers will play a major role in Season 3. Very curious to see how they factor in to the good vs evil drama already going on.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Shockwave looked really good. Im glad they did such a justice to my all time favorite character.
R.I.P. Menasor
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Just saw this on another site:

Hasbro just announced that, for the first time ever in Transformers Prime, Bumblebee will speak in the episode airing July 26th! Fans at San Diego Comic-Con will get a sneak peek at Bumblebee's voice during the Transformers Prime Beast Hunters panel this Thursday at 11 am PT!

Cool! Bumblebee FINALLY gets a voice! Who is be his voice???
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Unicron Megatron Figure

Post by SentinelPrime »

Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD INFO:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ers/27912/

Pictures of the Unicron Megatron figure:

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/tf-pri ... cron-7295/
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Did I miss something? How is Predaking so indestructible? What is his "hide" made out of? That was an awesome episode where Megatron was fighting Predaking! Wonder if his dark energon sword can take him out?