San Diego Comic Con

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

San Diego Comic Con

Post by Computron »

So the SDCC is July 21-24, is any one going? I'll be in SD for school at the time and I'm going to try to get there. I'd love to get some TFs but just seeing all the crazies dressed up will be worth the price of admission.
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

So 44 views and no replies. Seems like that is a 'no' from the collective then. Oh well I'll take some pictures.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I wish I could make it but unfortunately I can't afford the trip this time around. If by chance you do attend...I'd gladly pay you for a SDCC exclusive G.I. Joe Starscream Skystriker (w/Cobra Commander and Megatron gun)! Much rather pay an attendee than pay scalper rates afterwards. :wink:

http://www.figures.com/forums/news/1250 ... unced.html
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

It would be great to go, but unfortunately I can't (...as usual). :(

If you go, make sure to take a lot of pictures to share with us!
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

Man Roadbuster that is SWEET!!!. I'll for sure try to get my hands on two of those.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Starscream Skystriker is a convention exclusive? Oh man, I wanted to get one of those, too. :(
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

TT,
Does that mean I need to try to get three?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

:shock:

You'd do that for little ol' TT?
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

These are going to go quick at the convention. This thing will be the largest exclusive available. Bragging rights for anybody walking out the door with one. Plus it takes the best from two genres and blends them into one toy. Appealing to a massive fanbase. Not to mention the awesome comic book cover art on the box. Added eye candy flavor for all those MISB collectors out there. Makes me wonder if BBTS will even get any of these (or how many)...or if Hasbro will continue its tradition of offering hit SDCC exclusives on their site the week after its over.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

To be honest, SDCC exclusives haven't been too hard to come by in the past, due to their releases elsewhere (for example, Alternators Nemesis Prime was released on store shelves in Australia and Pacific countries), but I would guess for the reasons you cited, this one will be nigh impossible to find, or will be prohibitively expensive ($100? $150? $300?) or both.
I was hoping, when I first saw it, it'd be a regular store release, and I could pick one up for $50 or so.
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

Well there has been a glitch in the process. Unlike BOTCON, where you can get a general admission pass for the day, there are no tickets sold at the door for SDCC. You HAVE to preregister and buy the 3 or 4 day pass, or the one day pass. I believe by the time I got notified of my dates to be in SD those were all sold out.
So it looks like no SDCC for me this year. Though I will be very vigilant for the next three years about getting in to the SDCC. Sorry to get some of your hopes' up. Mine were dashed just like yours. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

One of these years I'll go. I used to live blocks from there, but I never went there when I was younger. I regret that.

I'll head that way one of these days and goto the SDCC.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Sorry to hear that, Computron. I hope you get there next time.