Transformers 4????

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Transformers 4????

Post by GPrime2011 »

If we are blessed with the presence of a 4th movie...

Who would you like to see?.

I'm thinking Six shot could make an awesome new big baddie. Maybe Lord Straxus from the comics would be an awesome replacement for Megatron....

Your views?

:)
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

I'm pushing for Straxus and some other mostly-unloved 'cons.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

I would also really love to see Cybertron's shattered remains.
The Dark is Coming
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I'm still letting the awesomeness that is DOTM soak in. But if....more like when....that time comes I'm hoping for a reboot to the franchise. A new trilogy. Pretty much a given as Bay won't be returning and neither will Shia. Not to mention all the Decepticons were killed in battle in the last movie (not saying robots can't be rebuilt, but still). As for characters I'd like to see? Pretty much the cast from the '86 movie taking over for the next tri-fecta. Have it set on Cybertron and Earth. Hot Rod ascends to leadership and becomes Rodimus Prime under Optimus' careful watch. Kup fills Ironhides shoes as the Autobots senior advisor and tells war stories giving the movie "flashback" points to refer to. Galvatron becomes a menacing threat to the Universe. I could see Decepticons also using powerful characters like Sixshot and Sunstorm too. And Unicron is a must! Definite must have!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

YOU ARE ABOUT TO CALL ME F***ING CRAZY.

I want from Transformers 4/ New rebooted trilogy:
No characters I recognize. No plots/MacGuffins I recognize. I want to be wowed with something new. My favorite thing about DOTM was the Sentinel Prime plot twist, because I never saw it coming. We've seen the humans banish the Autobots before, and the Decepticons invade through space bridges, and people resurrected with the Matrix. Primus knows we've all watched "The Ultimate Doom" a time or two. They wove these stories together well, but what iced the cake was the NEW stuff they did. And who likes a cake with no icing?*

*I make an exception of angel food cake. It needs nothing on it to be delicious.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Erector.

He's all the Autobots need.
The Dark is Coming
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Kup telling old war stories........I can just imagine him starting off with: 'During the war!.....

:) :lol:
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

The Humans could devise a way of 'merging' with the Autobots, using exo suits or something...and become external independant weopen systems or something....(Targetmasters???)

Bumblebee and someone else can get smashed up bad, and rebuilt with new tech that can allowing him to travel at extreme speeds, (A take on the Throttlebots) Hence Bee becomes Goldbug in a manner of speaking.

Lord Straxus has found shattered remains of Megatron and rebuilt him into Galvatron, he is hiding on a large mechanical 'planet' which turns out to be Unicron......

Just rattling of some thoughts.......... :)
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

Hasbro is definitely pushing for a 4th movie and they want 3 more in all so maybe a new trilogy is in the making so I am hoping to see some good and new characters. :)
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Well I like the ideas of a complete reboot to the trilogy...why not, we've got fantastic Batman reboots and they're already rebooting Spiderman and X-men...I have only one request.

NO HUMANS.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if they made a Transformers movie about TRANSFORMERS.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand the importance that human roles play in Michael Bay's films and how they movies are really about humanity's role in shaping the TFs as a people. And I really like a handful of the human characters in the movies.

But Bay painted the Transformers as this vastly superior alien species that is totally unrelatable to humans (aside from maybe Bumblebee). They are just kind of there to drive the plot while the real starts of the films are Sam, Mikayla/Carly, Simmons, Lennox, etc.

I also think seeing a live action version of the 1986 movie would be spectacular, but probably too high budget (gah Unicron) and without enough potential for a sequel that it would never get made.

If they do make a TF 4, 5, and 6 I want it to be about the TFs. It could even be set on Earth for all I care, but keep the humans in the background.
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Yeah they do need to centre it more on the Robots, they almost managed it at time with DOTM. Just 5 or 6 human support roles is all they need.

I personally feel they can carry on from DOTM rather than rebooting, just cos Cybertron is gone and the Earthbound cons are gone, dont mean there aint more......didnt Cybertron have a moon or two... ;)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I rewatched DOTM tonight with a friend from work, and was thinking about Cybertron in the movieverse. So, you know how there's a blue halo at the back edge of Cybertron where it's coming through the bridge? That halo disappears when the lead pillar is knocked down, leaving a floating sliver of the planet left in orbit, until the pillar restarts and the glowing portal-halo resumes.
I'm not positive, but I think the halo goes out BEFORE the planet collapses: perhaps only that chunk is destroyed, and the rest of the planet is still out there somewhere...

Remember that big chunk missing out of G1 Cybertron?
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

That was the impression I got, seemed to me that only that part of the planet was destroyed, so who knows what could happen.
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

if you also looked at how the planet looked in the movie you couldn't really tell where the surface was. It seemed to have a lot of extended parts so maybe the damage isn't as extensive as it appeared in the movie.
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

That's what I got from it as well.

I definitely want more Cybertron-based scenes after that opening sequence.
The Dark is Coming
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Aaannnnnnndd!! considering that one chunk practicly dwarfed planet Earth, then the full Cybertron must be HUMONGOS.

One small error I spotted being a geek :)

This colosal hunk of metal that is waaaaay bigger than Earth is visible over the daylight side of Earth....it would have blocked the sun completely. Earth should have been shrouded in total darkness. :)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Eh, you people and your reality.
The one thing i was surprised about was how much physical ammo the transformers used in this movie-flashback and present. I mean, shells are really inconvenient IRL. having an energy based weapon that doesn't need reloads of bulky ammo is much better.
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Yeah just got my geeek cap on there for a moment. :) lol

I can just imagine Kup, Hotrod and Blurr being some Cybertronic strike team,

Kup - The Veteren
Hot Rod - The young soldier with ambition
Blurr - The messenger with lightining fast fighting ability.
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Just came back to this topic with a thought of a past memory....

TF 4....hows about Deaths Head!.

Yayayaya I know he's not a true Transformer etc etc etc.

Maybe he could be a sidekick to Straxus in this case running a gang of rogue transformers that dont have an allegience....they saw the demise of Cybertron and now they're rather upset and go hunting them poor Autobots on Earth.

Some actual Decepticons could turn up somehow and find themselves hunted down too.....................

Oh my imagination runs riot again!....
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Not to be a downer, but...

How bout they restart the movies and restart at movie # (G)1?

Don't get me wrong, I think the trilogy was good in its own way. I enjoyed the movies - well most parts of the movies. I just didn't care for the characters.

I would love to go back to the roots and do a G1 movie about the characters that we grew up with. That does mean that Bumblebee needs to talk again. This movie won't happen - But, I will throw it out there anyways.
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Yeah recreate 'More Than Meets The Eye' in live action..............Obviously a few things...but hey we can all dream.... :)