Transformers: Fall of Cybertron -BEWARE OF SPOILERS!

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron -BEWARE OF SPOILERS!

Post by LD2062 »

They're doing the sequel to War for Cybertron. Fall of cybertron. GameInformer is going to have it on their cover. They've even added a hub for it on their site where they add updates as things progress. Not much there before next months article though. But here are some cover shots.

Heres a link to the hub:
http://www.gameinformer.com/p/transformers.aspx

Added spoiler warning to the thread's title. /Admin
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

This will be a must buy for me! Not only is Grimlock going to be in the new game but it's also been confirmed that Wheeljack, Sunstreaker and the Combaticons will be in there as well! Gamestop pre-orders are up and is set for a Dec. 1, 2012 release date. :)
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Some new details about the dinobots is now up as are a number of pics.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/ ... obots.aspx
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Not to change subject (well it's on the same subject sort of) - but perhaps, this will finally mean that we will have CHUG Dinobots (besides Grimlock which we already have)!!! I hope so!

Thanks for sharing the link. Good videos!
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I noticed they're offering preorders on Fall of Cybertron. Annoyingly different ones at different retailers

amazon - g2 bruticus in single player
gamestop - g1 optimus single and multi, g1 megatron and g1 retro shockwave single player
bestbuy - nothing?
activision pc download - same as gamestop
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

OK so the game is now officially out. I bought the 360 version. My gamertag is Sonic3688 for those of you who want to play multiplayer or escalation with me.

What do you all think about the game?

I don't particularly care for escalation mode as much as I did for WFC. You don't really get to choose freely what character you want, you get a selection of 4. There's only 15 waves, and they're not even that difficult. Getting to wave 15 on FoC takes about half the time it did on WFC.
Multiplayer feels almost exactly like it did on WFC except for some new powerups and the ability to customize your character easier.

SPOILERS AHEAD

So, there's a high probability of a third game being made, after all, both the Ark and Nemesis were pulled through the space portal. I think Grimlock will return in the third game, I think he was pulled through the space portal to Earth before the Ark took off.

I laughed hysterically when Metroplex pounded Megatron into scrap. I wonder why Thundercracker and Skywarp were not included in the game, even though they were in the first?

Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Pre-ordered this game from Game Stop and picked it up the day it came out. STILL have not cracked the cellophane seal on it. Work keeps getting in the way (either at work or at home), but I do look forward to the day I can spend several hours in front of the big screen playing it. Sounds awesome so far from what I've read. And spoilers have never bothered me when it comes to video games (movies on the other hand....are a different story) as I'm immersed in them to the point that any knowledge I'd gathered up to that point gets buried within the recesses of my memory. :lol: Living in the moment, I guess.

Have it on PS3. Anyone else wants to add me, my username is: heroeslife. You'll catch me on there playing Mortal Kombat 9, Madden, War for Cyberton, Skyrim and.....hopefully.....eventually....Fall of Cybertron very soon. :wink:
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I finished the single player and have been playing the multiplayer. I like the game but some parts of the story really annoy me.

spoiler
Metroplex not just shooting the huge guns. Optimus has to walk over and target them, seriously? And then he walks over had punches? He is covered in guns. Bumblebee jumping in front of the gun not on it? And then optimus is finally ready to kill megatron? But the slaughter of his kind for thousands of years was okay?

Multiplayer I'm finding kind of frustrating. I don't like any of the weapons. NONE. the riot and missile are the best but slow and very little ammo. They might get better when you level all the way up but after days of playing I'm not even half way leveled on any class.

Why can't you just pick whatever weapons you want regardless of class?

The character creation is interesting but limited. Only like 6 options for anything and you have to buy some of them from the playstation store not just unlock them. And really out of the 5 options you can unlock I bet there are only 1 or 2 most people will like. Within a couple hours I unlocked all 6 skins I wanted and now have nothing to do with all the game currency I earn. And I haven't even leveled half way on any class. And the paint options are very very limited. No way to custom paint you figure to look like anyone. Your paint options are basically is your guy red, blue, yellow, etc. No option to make the arms different from the torso or head.

Has anyone had any issues with freezing? Several times my ps3 froze, usually during the same missions. Almost always during megatrons chapter, some with grimlock. I don't know if its the game or my ps3. But I had no problems at all until this game.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

The only gun in multiplayer i'm halfway good with is the x18 Scrapmaker. I've already reached level 7 in both scientist and titan classes.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Whats with capture the flag? Every time I try to play it head hunter is what starts.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Haven't tried Head Hunter or Capture the Flag. I've only played Team Deathmatch and Conquest. I like Conquest more.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I like headhunter too. Good way to score points. It takes forever to level in deathmatch. One thing I don't get about it is why people stand around once they have sparks. I always see people standing around with 2+ sparks not even trying to make it to the zone. And sparks disappear some times. I was on my way to the zone more than once carrying spark when the zone changed location and my sparks just disappeared. I didn't make it to the zone and I wasn't killed.

I finally got into an actual capture the flag game. Capture the flag makes no sense. I grab the enemy flag and I'm most of the way back to my base and they say enemy flag returned. But I wasn't killed. In the same match I get back to the enemy base and I'm standing on there flag for like 15-20 seconds and it won't let me pick up the flag. No button would to grab it, I don't know what I was supposed to do. But that was more than enough time for the other team to waste me.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Sadly I'm already bored with this. The lack of any likable gun just sucks the fun out of it. Also I find the very limited paint options for the character creation a lot more annoying than it really should be.

I know the extra character skins they have online don't make playing any different. But still I do really want some of them sometimes. It really frustrates me that the coolest ones were only available as preorder specials.

I really think they are missing the boat here. Custom characters that get released often, maybe one a day or every couple days, could be a real money maker if they were only like $1-$2. Thats all I would spend anyway. Unfortunately they aren't releasing them individually the 5 pack thats already out is $10. But I only want 1 of the characters so there is no chance I'll grab the dlc. I hear they are coming out with insecticons and dinobot packs to. One in september one in october. But I'm done with this game now. By next month there is no chance at all I'll be getting a dlc, let alone the month after.

I always hear these game companies go one about how game dev is so expensive they have to do these dlc to stay in business. Its a shame they cannot seem to do them well.

I have only ever got suckered into buying a couple and I'm not happy with any of them.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

LD2062 wrote: *snip*

I always hear these game companies go one about how game dev is so expensive they have to do these dlc to stay in business. Its a shame they cannot seem to do them well.

I have only ever got suckered into buying a couple and I'm not happy with any of them.
I think the last DLC I bought was for Mortal Komabt 9. Had to have Freddy Kreuger.:twisted: Might look into what FOC is offering though. You have a link?
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

First pack is: Ultra Magnus, wheeljack, zeta prime, blast off, and perceptor

Looks like on LIVE they are also selling individual parts (head, arms, feet, etc..). And they want $1 each! So it would cost $5 to make one character individually. LOL, microsoft is greedy. Or $10 to get all 5 characters. I think it should be $1-$2 for an individual character.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Produ ... n#LiveZone

I can't find a psn link on the web for the dlc. But in the ps3 game they show the characters in the create a character screen, and clicking on it takes you right to the psn store if you don't own the character.