Choose wisely.

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Choose carefully.

Primus/AllSpark (or any spelling variation thereof)
33%
Hasbro/TakaraTomy (or any spelling variation thereof)
67%

Total votes: 3

Rhymus
City Commander

Choose wisely.

Post by Rhymus »

Some energon goodies for thought:

Primus/AllSpark (or any spelling variation thereof)

OR

Hasbro/TakaraTomy (or any spelling variation thereof)

Which is more important to Transformers?
Which is more important to TransFans?

Which is more powerful?

Which would win in a fight?
Which would win in a court of law?

By which would you rather be employed?

Which (if you were not employed by any of the above) would you rather have a chance to interview?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
ancientspark
Decoy

Post by ancientspark »

Okay you ask two distinct different questions and only offer one choice, but we have to use our posts to specify I guess... it's just not quite clear..

But I think I understand what you're asking.

Primus/Allspark is more important to the universe as a whole
than Hasbro/TakaraTomy is... the story has to be there for the toys to work.

Think about Diaclone and the fact that they and microman series all had most of G1 toys already in their lines, but there was NO story, no show... we ONLY know that little men drove them and they were not sentient apparently.

So Primus and the Allspark are ALL TOO important and without the story that Hasbro made, we would just have some faded toy line nobody talks about and we would never get the movies or anything else really.

So in real life, Hasbro is responsible for pinning the story to the toys, but if it wasn't for that, we'd not be posting here today. The story is what made it all the more interesting and the fact that the robots are all sentient was icing on the cake, I believe.
----------------------
AncientSpark - I've been ... around.
Jeff Williams
Noob

Post by Jeff Williams »

I choose Hasbro/TakaraTomy , I think it's more important to transformers. :D
Let‘s cross the bridge when we come to it
Hogan|Scarpe Hogan
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Welcome to TransFormerLand, Jeff Williams! Hope you like it here.

ancientspark, the poll and questions i posted are unclear on purpose, because i hope that will be more thought-provoking.

Thank you both for your thoughts on the subject! Anyone else?

i think the toymakers are more important--the fiction only exists because of the toys, and only exists when approved by the toymakers, and anyway i generally prefer those portions of the fiction without Primus or the AllSpark pulling the Transformers' strings. And i would rather work for the toymakers--for one thing, they actually exist, and for another, i think i would be more successful (and any failures on my part would be less harmful). But, if Primus and/or the AllSpark were real, they would be more powerful than the toymakers, and if they (Primus/AllSpark) wanted me to work for them, i think working for them instead of the toymakers would be the greater good, the higher cause, the nobler purpose--not to mention the perks of the job (such as meeting and maybe even working with some of my favorite Transformers).
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

transit wrote:the poll and questions i posted are unclear on purpose, because i hope that will be more thought-provoking.
:lol: what else would we come to expect from you? j/k. :wink:

Why not make it a 2 part question?:

Primus vs AllSpark (or any spelling variation thereof)

AND

Hasbro vs TakaraTomy (or any spelling variation thereof)

Which is more important to Transformers?
Which is more important to TransFans?

Which is more powerful?

Which would win in a fight?
Which would win in a court of law?

By which would you rather be employed?

Which (if you were not employed by any of the above) would you rather have a chance to interview?

^^^ That's the way I kept viewing the original post.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Roadbuster wrote:
transit wrote:the poll and questions i posted are unclear on purpose, because i hope that will be more thought-provoking.
:lol: what else would we come to expect from you?
Thank you!

"Did you get your questions answered?" Ultra Magnus asked.

"Yes," Optimus Prime replied, "and every answer led to a bigger question."

--The Rebirth

i notice, Roadbuster, that you asked questions but didn't answer any. What kind of a person does that!? [/mock-indignant]

Also, my questions were kind of comparing apples and oranges. Your questions... Primus vs AllSpark is kind of like red apples vs green apples, but Hasbro vs TakaraTomy is almost like this half of the apple vs that half of the apple. The interplay between Hasbro and TakaraTomy (at least when it comes to Transformers) is so back-and-forth that i wouldn't even know how to distinguish what to credit to whom!

As for Primus vs AllSpark, my first instinct was to say Primus, hands down. Primus is a conscious entity, whereas the AllSpark is merely a tool. But then i thought you have to clarify which AllSpark you're talking about--it's not a multiversal singularity like Primus is. Also, i must confess that i don't really know much about any of the AllSparks, but from what i know i might be inclined to give them the win over Primus after all. Not only can the AllSpark create Transformers and give them life (just like Primus), but the AllSpark is the Transformers afterlife as well. And the AllSpark, being a tool rather than a thinking being, gives Transformers free will instead of creating them out of ulterior motives. ("So, there's this monster planet I want you to fight for me... Well, technically he's a god, but he looks like a monster planet, so let's go with that...")
Sound Blaster
Decoy

Post by Sound Blaster »

Transformers existed long before Primus or the Allspark. Transformers would not exist without Takara Tomy and Hasbro. Case closed.