Greetings all from Ancientspark!

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Which continuity of G1 do you favor most?

Alpha Trion created Prime from Orion Pax
67%
The Quintessons created Optimus Prime
No votes
A little of both, Quints FOUND Cybertron and enslaved the TransFormers
33%
The past is too muddled with inaccuracies to decide
No votes

Total votes: 3

ancientspark
Decoy

Greetings all from Ancientspark!

Post by ancientspark »

Hello everyone I posted here a while back but have been super busy lately. I want to start posting here on a regular basis and help bring some of my own TransFormers brand of fun to the game.

I was a fan from the beginning in 1984 and have never stopped being a fan since then.

As I became and adult I found that there were only two real mainstays in my life from my childhood, Star Wars and TransFormers. There is just so much out there today on both of these topics that it's hard to know where to start and what home to pick.

Well I've been helping Trance with packing and filling orders every now and then and I really have grown to love his whole family and I am very fond of this website since I have some small part of it in my life as an actuality.

I spend a lot of my time on Facebook and on my own website as well, but I think I might just move in here and claim this as my online TransFormers home.

I've got some interesting things to share so I'll start there. I hope to make plenty of friends here and help anyone with TransFormers-related questions as I am somewhat of a G1 expert.
----------------------
AncientSpark - I've been ... around.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Nice to see you around, ancientspark. :)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Welcome aboard ancientspark! :wink:
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

ancientspark... Now that's a name i haven't heard in a long time... a long time. [/Kenobi]

Welcome/Welcome back, ancientspark!

So, when you ask which origin we "favor", do you mean "which do we like best" or "which do we consider to be true"?

i like the multiverse, because there are multiple G1 continuities, and all of them are "true" in the sense that those stories were actually written, by people authorized to write them. If they contradict each other, they may be incompatible--but none of them are necessarily what you called "inaccuracies"--they just happened in a different version of reality.

[Kenobi] "So what i told you was true--from a certain point of view." [/Kenobi]

When i try to write fan fiction, the origin of the TFs (as individuals like Optimus Prime, or as a race like the Quintessons' slaves) is usually either unimportant to the story and therefore not discussed at all, or their origins are deliberately different from the official stories in order to explore alternate possibilities--alternate universes of the multiverse.

All that being said, i'm not a huge fan of stories where Primus is a god who created the TFs (it's one thing to make up extra-Terrestrial species--i can believe that extra-Terrestrials exist, and maybe sci-fi writers made a lucky guess about what some of those extra-Terrestrials are like--but i can't believe in a god/goddess when he/she/it was made up by someone who admits that god/goddess is made up)... but i also haven't yet seen the last episode or two of "Five Faces of Darkness", and i'm kind of trying to avoid spoilers about it (although i may already be too late, since i think i know what the big revelation of that miniseries is--the TFs being former slaves of the Quintessons).
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)