if you could improve your Tech Specs

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Rhymus
City Commander

if you could improve your Tech Specs

Post by Rhymus »

Tech Specs give each Transformer a rating on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best, 1 being the worst) in each of eight categories:
Strength
Intelligence
Speed
Endurance
Rank
Courage
Firepower
Skill

Imagine you were a Transformer whose Tech Specs were all 4s. If you could increase one of your stats to 10, OR increase two of your stats to 7, which stat or stats would you choose and why?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

I need more firepower. All i have is a baseball bat and a butter knife :lol:
PETER IS GOD!Image
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I think I would go for Rank and Endurance. Rank might keep my frail, mediocre ass out of the front lines, and Endurance would help me not die when I got in a fight armed with only my baseball bat and butter knife.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

[builds an electron rifle out of a baseball bat and butterknife] i'm surprised that no one chose to increase their intelligence! That's my first choice. (i didn't answer when i posted the question because i didn't want to influence anyone else's responses. i'm pleased to see different folks' different ways of thinking!)

i think i'd increase my intelligence and courage. With enough intelligence, you can build something with strength, speed, endurance, and/or firepower; or convince somebody with superior strength, speed, endurance, and/or firepower to act on your behalf; or find an alternative solution (diplomacy? what's that?) that does not require strength, speed, endurance, or firepower.

Having the intelligence to do any of that, however, means nothing if you don't have the courage to do it.

By the same token, i'm strongly tempted to opt instead for intelligence and speed, or intelligence and skill. Knowing what to do doesn't help if you aren't fast enough to do it, or skilled enough (such as, knowing which wire to cut in order to defuse a bomb, but not having the dexterity to actually cut it). Still, i think courage is the necessary first step.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Whatever, I still outrank you. I can make you scrubs do all the stuff that I'm not smart, strong, or skilled enough to do myself. Isn't that what being a boss is all about?
Steeljaw
Throttlebot

Post by Steeljaw »

Last edited by Steeljaw on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I'd have to boost my Intelligence and Skill to 7's, lay low and stay out of battle.... :lol: