G1 megatron Vs. Galvatron

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

megatron
52%
Galvatron
48%

Total votes: 25

S0und_wave
Decepticon Communications Officer

Post by S0und_wave »

I always wanted to see a g1 fight between galvatron and megs. But since it never happened now we must decide!
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Ahhh, but we did. In the comics. Myself and Megatron battle it out.
I WIN!!

But when it comes to comic knowledge, CM is the expert here.
Please correct me if I'm wrong CM.
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

Well I guess that means Megs wins. Galv just gave up!

Megs is mean, but Galv is nuttier than a squirrel turd. Advantage-Galvatron.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

But you could look at it this way also...

Galvatron is an upgraded Megatron so the only way for them to have combat is if one of them travels through time.

So if Galvatron goes back in time and destroys Megatron then Galvatron would cease to exist, therefore, no winner.

If Megatron travels into the future and destroys Galvatron then Megs is really destroying himself in the future and Megs would be victorious as long as he stays in the future.
But if he went back in to his own time then the cycle would be full circle and start over again, therefore, no winner.

But if you forget about all of that mumble jumble stuff and just have an all out brawl against the 2 then the battle would be very entertaining.
Scrapper
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Scrapper »

Galvatron is physically stronger ;I don't know for the firepower because i had read in a discussion that Megatron with his cannon at full power(a very risky thing because it would weaken him a lot) could even be stronger that Galvatron weapon :shock: but just in these desperate circumstances...

On other side,Megatron is an expert veteran and tactician and could win besides if we consider Galvatron post movie he's insane,this thing could damage the purple Decepticon.

If we consider the toon, Megatron could even win against season 3 Galvatron after a terrible fight.
Against the movie Galvatron,however,Megatron would have no hopes.

I don't know the comics but from Galvatron's description ,his character seems a lot stronger than Megs.
S0und_wave

Post by S0und_wave »

IN my opinion Megs would win because i always thought he was physically stronger and more Determined to destroy his enemies and control the universe. Buy if galvy could manage to use his Superior fire power he would probably win but it would be a long fight.
HailStorm
Powermaster

Post by HailStorm »

If the rumors are true, we might see a battle of Megs and Galvatron in the upcoming season of Animated.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

hopefully i'm not another repaint!!
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Galvatron would win. He is after all the Megatron upgrade. The two fought in the UK Annual, Time wars graphic novel and Galvatron stoped short of blasting me because he feared it would kill him to. It wouldn't have, the Megatron he fought was an imposter.

the power you speak of Scrapper is my ability to link with a black hole in space. It is incredibly draining on fuel reserves and dangerous beyond measure. In a fight with the two Galvatron would realise what was happening and kill him before he was able to blast him. Not that it would matter, Galvatron would survive the blast.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Commander Megatron wrote: the power you speak of Scrapper is my ability to link with a black hole in space. It is incredibly draining on fuel reserves and dangerous beyond measure.
hhahaahahaaa!!!!
S0und_wave

Post by S0und_wave »

MEGATRON SUPREMACY

BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

i would say megatron cause he is alot more sane then galvatron was and that helped him to focus better
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

Galvatron would win cause he is physically stronger, lets not forget that he beat pirranacon on his own
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

Post by ghostinthemachine »

yes galvatron was insane and stronger but Megatron was a stretigic genious compaired to galvatron
Noble
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Noble »

I would say that Galvatron would win because of him being an upgraded megatron like some of the other people have already said.
Scrapper
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Scrapper »

Commander Megatron wrote: the power you speak of Scrapper is my ability to link with a black hole in space. It is incredibly draining on fuel reserves and dangerous beyond measure. In a fight with the two Galvatron would realise what was happening and kill him before he was able to blast him. Not that it would matter, Galvatron would survive the blast.
Thanks for the explanation,CM.

At the end,I think that Megatron has a very powerful determination and ambition,as all you say,but against Galvatron...neither these things could help Megs .
Galvatron is the winner also for me .
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

Galvatron would win without doubt.

He beat seven Autobots and very nearly the five Dinobots at the same time and on top of that Shockwave said

He posseses power enough to destroy us all if he so chooses

or something like that

( DISCLAIMER, I may well be wrong,so do not take that as true )

ME GRIMLOCK WANT TO MUNCH METAL
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Grimlock wrote:He posseses power enough to destroy us all if he so chooses
That was Shockwave that said that, well said Grimlock and as always good to see you.
Sound Blaster
Decoy

Post by Sound Blaster »

For the cartoon, in the event that Galvatron regained his sanity, he'd wipe the floor with Megatron due to his superior firepower, strength, durability, etc. But as it is, he would probably spend half the fight dancing about shooting the ceiling. So I'd say Megatron wins this one.

In the comics however, this fight has already been played out, with Galvatron emerging victorious.

Overall, I take the cartoon as the highest canonical authority, so I'm going to have to say Megatron.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Welcome to the forums Sound Blaster. You should stick around.

That would be one cartoon that I would pay to see. A duke 'em out (g1) episode of Galvatron and Megatron coming face to face. There easily could have been some odd story-line explaining how Megatron came to (re)be.