Who's Your Favourate Decepticon Cassette?

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Who is your favourate G1 decepticon cassette?

Beastbox
No votes
Buzzsaw
No votes
Enemy
No votes
Frenzy (Assuming he is RED)
No votes
Garboil
No votes
Glit
No votes
Howlback
No votes
Laserbeak
33%
Overkill
11%
Ratbat
No votes
Ravage
56%
Rumble (Assuming he is BLUE)
No votes
Slugfest
No votes
Squalktalk
No votes
Wingthing
No votes

Total votes: 9

Sound Blaster
Decoy

Who's Your Favourate Decepticon Cassette?

Post by Sound Blaster »

Out of any of the decepticon tapes, who do you think is the best? We will presume that FIRRIB (this is non-negotiable!!!)
Steeljaw
Throttlebot

Post by Steeljaw »

Last edited by Steeljaw on Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

Toywise, or personality wise?
PETER IS GOD!Image
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Re: Who's Your Favourate Decepticon Cassette?

Post by Roar »

Ravage, hands down!

Ravage is the toy who matches his looks in the cartoon the best.

Ravage is a kitty, so unlike the other Decepticon cassettes, he theoretically can haz a cheeseburger.

Ravage can't talk.

Ravage is to Soundwave as Jacob is to Bella Swan. Although Ravage does sparkle in the sunlight when the rays hit him just right like Edward does, Soundwave can also pet him. (And you know robots who have pets have reduced stress levels)

Off topic, but Starscream could really use a pet. (Dr. Arkeville doesn't count)

There aren't any pesky underhanded, scheming power plays, unfounded ego, or braggadocio like you see in the other cassettes. Ravage just does Megatron's bidding by proxy of Soundwave.

Ravage has a little doojammer that comes out of his leg so he can pick up a ring of keys dropped by an Autobot. See one of those parrots that Soundwave keeps in his chest cage do that!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Overkill was the most tantalizing to me as a kid staring in the catalog, and he never showed up in fiction enough to make a fool of himself.

Also, FIRRIB is only applicable if you're ready to accept the other consistent animation errors of the giant plot hole that is the G1 Sunbow cartoon- such as Perceptor being branded a Decepticon.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Do Shattered Glass characters count? For favorite Decepticon cassette character, i'm thinking SG Ravage or SG Slugfest.

If SG characters are ineligible... Glit, i think. Or maybe cartoon Rumble/Frenzy (personality-wise, the two seemed nigh identical from what i can recall, Rumble just got more screen time).

Toys? i've personally handled a G1 RIRFIB Rumble, G1 Ravage, G1 Laserbeak, and G1 Overkill, and seen a G1 Slugfest; the others i've only seen in pictures, but i think my favorite toy would have to be one of the Masterpieces, but tough to decide which. CHUG Ravage and Beastbox might be runners up. World's Smallest Transforming Transformers Ravage deserves a mention, although i'm not sure how honorable it would be. i imagine the Alternators Jaguar and Battle Ravage are disqualified for not being cassettes? else i might have to reconsider.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

As a kid, Rumble was a personal favorite because of his jackhammers.... I always wished my toy version had them :( . But, thinking back as an adult, I would say I dig Laserbeak simply because of his cunning & very low "mission failure" rate. So..... I vote for Rumblebeak.
Perceptor
Alternator

Post by Perceptor »

Ravage. Best alt mode, hands down.
"One's ultimate truth lies in one's molecular structure."
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Rumble/Frenzy for their attitudes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZFuXYz_pKg