G1 series to possibly continue after Headmasters episodes

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

G1 series to possibly continue after Headmasters episodes

Post by SentinelPrime »

Found this article from Seibertron.com:

Bring back Gen 1 Transformers
Walt Disney and Hasbro appeal to the nostalgic collector by releasing toy lines such as the Star Wars: The Black Series and reissuing old Star Wars toys. Moreover, Hasbro occasionally releases a Transformers Generation 1 reissue geared toward people who enjoyed Transformer's original line in their childhood. Hasbro could take this a step further and produce an animated (not computer generated) series that picks up where it left off during the second season in 1986 bridging the gap between that time period and the animated classic Transformers: The Movie. An hour long show with a shortened season could conserve on costs. A good working title: Transformers 1980s. Hasbro could also do a spinoff series that centers on post Transformers: The Movie characters such as Headmasters .

If this is true.....this would be awesome!!!
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Re: G1 series to possibly continue after Headmasters episode

Post by Time Traveller »

Interesting... I'm wondering what they will do for a main line after the movie, since TF:Prime has come to a graceful (and awesome!) conclusion. Not sure how I feel about this turn, though. The voices of all the 1986 characters would undoubtedly be different, at least until they were written out in favor of 1987-.

Headmasters (Japan) wasn't too terrible, and certainly a better follow-on than "The Rebirth", but I wonder how well a new continuity branch would stack up.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Well, TF comics have Regeneration One--why can't the G1 cartoon have something like that?

But the article as quoted by SentinelPrime sounds to me more like somebody's wishful thinking than a report or even rumor of anything actually under consideration. But as Crosshairs said, "i have been wrong on one or two occasions," and i wouldn't mind if this was one of them.

G2G, more later.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

I'd like to see them do a series without any Transformers named Optimus Prime or Bumblebee. I'm sick to death of them.
PETER IS GOD!Image
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

skywarp408 wrote:I'd like to see them do a series without any Transformers named Optimus Prime or Bumblebee. I'm sick to death of them.
They're marketable familiar household favorites. ......... we're stuck with them forever :lol: .
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

skywarp408 wrote:I'd like to see them do a series without any Transformers named Optimus Prime or Bumblebee. I'm sick to death of them.
Now there's a thought! Better yet, only new characters: no reinvents or homages. WOAH! Did I just say that?

But, as the discussion of "No new movies in Hollywood" goes, why gamble on being creative when you can rely on being profitable?
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

Yeah, it's a shame they have to use those names in every line. I don't see them ever going away unless the franchise has a massive die off. That's how we got Beast wars :D

I wouldn't mind a continuation of Headmasters, but it better be done right. I don't want another treasure hunting series where they need to find keys, relics or any other silly objects. I just want plain good old fashioned violence with cool characters.
PETER IS GOD!Image
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Keys? Relics? What happened to the good 'ol days of energon cubes? Man I came back to a very differwnt and unfamiliar world LOL.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

In other words, you want a not-anime. Other than that, those are popular story structures because Hasbro can have the characters find all the other toys you need to buy.

If this is to be a genuine G1 continuation, though, there's a chance there will not be toys to sell.
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Maybe I'm just an old head purist :P
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

What about a series based on the shattered glass toy line? The Autobots are the bad guys and the Decepticons are the good guys. That would be really interesting.
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

SentinelPrime wrote:What about a series based on the shattered glass toy line? The Autobots are the bad guys and the Decepticons are the good guys. That would be really interesting.
That would fall into a multiverse/bizarro world kinda scenario then right? I dig it!!!

My son and I have been watching that TF Prime Beast Hunters "Rise of the Predacons", I must say that it's pretty cool. He himself has been enjoying the classic Beast Wars series, 19 yrs later and it's still terrible to me LOL.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Lemme get one thing straight: TF:Prime is the finest Transformers fiction series to date, and Beast Wars runs a close second. Watch it in order, and give it a chance. If you need more reasons, search out one of my rants on the subject around here. You shouldn't have to look too hard :lol: