We buy toys! Learn more...
Board index » Transformers Universe » Non-Toy Talk It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:41 pm

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:03 pm 
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Hey gang. With another movie coming out, I figured it would be interesting to see how other Transformer fans came to be.

Just doing some reminiscing about the day Transformers hit me hard! I was about 8 at the time they aired, but clearly remember the day. I got Skywarp first and then several other ones for xmas in 1984 including Optimus. I have always loved them since then. I have vivid memories of playing with them and have audio cassette sounds of me singing the song when I was 8 on tape. They were always with me when I needed to escape reality and unwind. I had a small break around my high school years, but always came back to them.

I was hoping to collect all the G1 toys misb or mib, but turns out other people want them too, LOL!
I got everything up to 1987 mib or misb, but that's as far as I'm going to get. I will have to settle with loose complete stuff up to 1990.

Anyway, I'm interested in how YOU became a fan for life.

Till all are one.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:57 pm 
Father Time (Admin)

I honestly don't remember becoming a fan, since it started when I was ridiculously young. When my family went out of town shopping (because we lived in the middle of nowhere, it was a big deal), Dad would buy me some type of die-cast Hot Wheels or Matchbox car, since he was into those. I was big into construction equipment, and so one fateful day, when I was 2-ish years old, he got me a dump truck with a pull-back motor that turned into a robot. You may now recognize him as the orange Moto-Bot Dump Truck by MCToy. I still have him, as well as a complete set of all the Moto-Bots, campy as they can be. From there, it spread to all the garage-sale G1s and GoBots anyone in my family could get my hands on. It really solidifed when G2 started, and I could buy TFs in stores. All my relatives coordinated with my parents on Transformers for my birthdays.

I've been a lifer ever since, without breaks, even though I took crap about it through middle and high school. Unfortunately, I have a congenital disease known as "completism"... I have to have them AAAALLLL. I play with mine though. I open the new ones and buy the old ones loose. I can always enjoy beautiful sealed figures in pictures of Skywarp408's collection, but I can't transform them if they're in the package!

I had a similar start with Legos around the same time, with the Precinct Cruiser, set 6506, but the TFs rooted deeper :)

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:26 pm 
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

I actually took a few Pretenders out today while looking for things to sell on Ebay. I just got Groundbreaker a few days ago in the mail. The Autobot Pretenders with the animal faces on their shell are my favorite. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:28 pm 
Noob

I became a fan when te first Michael bay movie came out and I was just so drawn in by it. Even though now I don't find his transformers movies very good they still entertain me. And few years later the hub decided to start sharing the old G1 cartoons, right then and there I knew I would be in love with the show and transformers for life.

Now I'm planing on which tf toys I should start collecting and now everytime in class when I have
time you can see me watching some optobotimus tf toy reviews.

The two I want to start out with is the generations warpath and master piece Wheeljack (one of my favorite characters)