Conventions Anyone?

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Conventions Anyone?

Post by Countdown »

I've never been to a Transformers convention. I would like to - whether that be unofficial or official. I recently learned of Slagacon that is held in Indiana. And, it sounds like an awesome experience. I also know that there are official conventions that happen annually.

I'd like to attend one next year. I just would like to attend one that is within driving distance. Possibly one that doesn't involve a hotel stay. (On a budget of course.)

Does anyone attend a convention annually? Not annually?

What do you enjoy the most?

Is the atmosphere relaxed enough to have a good time?

Did you stop going to a convention? Why?

Anything you want to share about your trips?

Experiences?

Did you bring someone with who is NOT a TF fan? How did that go? Was she/he bored out of their mind?

Guess I am curious.
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

I recommend going to at least one if you can near you. You may meet some other Transformer fans that have similar interests and it's a good experience.

I've been to 3 Botcons, the latest last year. It's basically the same thing every year, but Hasbro will tell you differently :wink:

Most sellers sell everything overpriced. There are also the crowds, crowds, crowds! The lines are long for most autographs and most of the stuff for sale is of the newest toylines. If you are into that stuff then you probably still won't get a good deal. If you are into every Transformer toyline then you would probably enjoy any conventions more than me.

I'd say for the most part that they are worth going to if you live close, but not worth it if you would have to fly to. I will only go to Botcons in California,Oregon or Nevada if they have any there in the future. Find your own Hotel to stay at too if you go to one because the ones listed in the Conventions are way too $$$$.

PS: Look for Toy shows near your area. Those happen in all parts of the counrty and I find them more fun to go to anyway.
PETER IS GOD!Image
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Thanks for the reply. I am really excited to go to my first botcon (whenever that may be). I am really disappointed that I missed the Cinci one since that is the city next door.
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

Cool! Hope you have fun. I'm curious where the next one will be.
PETER IS GOD!Image