TF Episodes G1

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

TF Episodes G1

Post by Shockwave »

Trying to start a topic of just the TF show, not your fav. ones. I have watched 10 so far,and I never remembered Starscream was a sciencetis as he told in Fire in the Sky,so was he evil then? And why did he wait till then to tell Megatron he had visited earth before?(I noticed when he told the story it showed him as a earth jet not what he was before he came to earth).Also I liked in Fire on the Mountain when Megatron showed the only Jet he could trust was Skywarp. Anyways if ya like post about things you like or dislike about the show that way I can look for it when I get to them.
Delita-1

Re: TF Episodes G1

Post by Delita-1 »

Yay!!!

You've watched 10 already? At that rate you'll be done by Christmas. :wink:

I thought that whole thing about him being on Earth before was weird too. Maybe it just looked so different by the time he got there it took him a while to figure out it he'd been there before? He's not the smartest guy in the world. You'd have to be an idiot to try to steal Megatron's spot.

I love the way Skywarp laughs in that Fire on the Mountain episode. The other day I had to get that out & watch it again just because I wanted to hear that laugh. :P

Something that's really bugged me, is the first episode with the Constructicons/Devastator. Megatron makes some comment about how they're worth the extra time & parts they used to make them, but then in a later episode they talk about being on Cybertron. They have a whole episode about how they used to be friends with Omega Supreme & stuff. Then on top of that, there's the whole thing about how they can only get personalities on Cybertron. The Dinobots never went to Cybertron & they all have personalities. There's just a lot of those WTF? moments.

I know, the real story is in the comics, but let me have my fun with my cartoons!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

in order to have fun, you have to forget the notion of anything making sense. ;)
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Well, at least you didn't say "It's just a cartoon." :D

Does anyone else ever feel sorry for Galvatron? Or think that Cyclonus is secretly in love with him?
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

Just watched all season 1,I didn't rember Meg. getting blown up in the ship in Countdown to Extintion part 3,man and he even survied,if that had been Prime it would have been over.Also do the dinobots not work unless someone turns them on?
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

Also bumblebee has pink seats how lame.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Delita-1 wrote:Well, at least you didn't say "It's just a cartoon." :D

Does anyone else ever feel sorry for Galvatron? Or think that Cyclonus is secretly in love with him?
Cyclonus along with Scourge & the sweeps were created at the same time as me. Therefore, there is no love. Cyclonus is just loyal and afraid of me because if he messes up one time, he knows that he will be blasted!!

No one should ever feel sorry for me either. I am perfectly.... normal.
MOOHOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! MOOHOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! MOOHOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

I don't know Galvatron, the more I watch, the more I think Cyclonus has a crush on you. :wink: He must love you to some extent if he tried to 'cure' your mental illness. He even signed for the bill, that's gotta be expensive!

Why doesn't Prime shrink like Rodimus when he doesn't have the matrix & why doesn't his name change like Hot Rod? What makes him so darn special?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

because the tv show has more plot holes than swiss cheese.
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Okay you dork, I don't notice him shrinking in the comics either.

(just kidding about the dork thing!!)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

also note the absense of hot rod/rod prime insinuating he should!
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

okay okay you win :lol: I've actually only read about 10 or so of the comics so far, so I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Rodimus Prime
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Rodimus Prime »

ah, but Optimus Prime did have a smaller form, Orion Pax.

He was basically almost killedx off and rebuilt into Optimus Prime, I assume when he was rebuilt he was made to house the Matrix, thus he didn't have to change size/shape. :) (dorky answer)
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Oohh, good answer. Clever.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

What about Magnus when he had the matrix?
He didn't grow or shrink or become Magnus Prime :?
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

I like your dorky answer Hot Rod. :D
galvatron wrote:What about Magnus when he had the matrix?
Didn't think of that... But Scourge changed. How wierd. I think it's fun to try to rationalize it all, even though it's impossible. :lol:

I'm bit of a cartoon freak. Countless anime, Thundercats, He-man, Garfield, even My Little Pony & Care Bears. I found She-Ra at the library the other day, I'm pretty excited about that. I think Transformers has been one of the most fun though, it has some continuity to it, even if it does have "more plot holes than swiss cheese." :mrgreen:
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

galvatron wrote:What about Magnus when he had the matrix?
Magnus never changed because he was never meant to hold the matrix, the matrix chooses it's hosts, that's why in TF:movie when HR touches it when OP drops it, it glows. then when it is handed to Magnus it stops. He was just a protector of it till HR was ready to "light up our darkest hour".
I'm bit of a cartoon freak. Countless anime, Thundercats, He-man, Garfield, even My Little Pony & Care Bears.
OMG YES! I love Thundercats and He-man, I had hundreds of toys from them as a kid. I alos used to collect MASK, not The mask, but the show where the cars etc had alt modes and they all had helmets that had powers (I'm sure you all remember it anyways).

On a side not to prove my geekdom, in World of Warcraft, my Night Elf hunters pet is called Bengali (Tigra's brother in Thundaercats, the white and blue tiger guy) :D
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Damn it, Hot Rod. :x I totally had that Magnus answer covered. For once I actually knew something and you have to swoop in with your show-offiness, don't you? :cry:
Delita-1 wrote:I found She-Ra at the library the other day, I'm pretty excited about that.
Aww no way! That's awesome, I grew up watching Masters of the Universe with my two brothers who had all the toys. Though I've been looking for the She-Ra "Secret of the Sword" DVD everywhere and I can't find it.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Yeah. MASK is sweet. i bought a $20 box as a starter collection a few years back. they definitely get my stamp of approval. i think we oughta start a thread in general disc on this.
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

yeah, sounds good. have a discussion about the other toons and toys we loved as kids. :)