Optimus's teleporting trailer

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Galvatronics

Optimus's teleporting trailer

Post by Galvatronics »

Did anyone notice that in TF GEN 1, in (I think) the Ultimate Doom pt 3, Optimus's trailer actually materialises in a lightning-like energy cloud bit-by-bit but at a fast frame rate like it had been teleported. This would dispel the theory that his trailer just rolls back out of site when he transformers.
ActionFigureGirl (Galvatronics)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

if i remember correctly, there is also an episode in which optimus loses control of roller, and the trailer. i know in the comic 4-book series Transformers Universe, it talks about he is bonded to roller and the trailers, as if they are partially separate entities, but it never said anything about where the trailer went when he transformed.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Part from my childhood is keeping wondering where the trailer came from. And I won't change it. The trailer just followed him everywhere! It's as illogical as the "scale problem" that happens when Soundwave or Megatron transform.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

the scale problem happens on almost all transformers, even in the book it is clear that, for example, autobot cars increase somewhat in size upon transformation. why? who knows...