G1 only?

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

G1forlife

G1 only?

Post by G1forlife »

Who here is only into g1 transformers and disregards all the other transformers lines that have come and gone since g1 ended? Also, what is your reasoning behind this?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

i don't think you can disregard everything post 1990 unless you completely are unaware of it, as there are far too many tie-ins. for example. part of G2 was released in japan and the uk under a residual g1 logo. also, what about g1 characters that haven't been released until later, for example unicron?(see thread) or toys like the masterpiece optimus prime? (see thread) i concur with you, g1 for life and forever, but moreover my thesis would be transformers forever. i guess i can, and often do, disregard some post-g1 storyline, because it doesn't fit in with the standard g1 doctrine or continuity. but you can't go on without acknowledging 13 years of transformerology. at least that be what i think.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

I would consider myself *almost* exclusively a G1 man. But there definately has been some actual effort going into the toys lately (2003-2004). Unicron from Armada and the Binal Tech/Alternators line rank right up there with G1 in my book. The only thing missing would be some die-cast parts.

I also think they should chill out on the repainting...I guess it's a good move business-wise, but it gives the lines less credibility in my opinion.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

G1 only

Post by Galvatron »

I ONLY COLLECT THE G1 STUFF.
I GOT THE ARMADA UNICRON THOUGH FOR OBVIOUS REASONS
AND I GOT THE RID SCOURGE JUST BECAUSE HE LOOKS FREAKIN AWSOME. MY SON HAS MOST OF THE BEAST WARS AND RID CHARACTERS. SOME OF THOSE THINGS ARE HARD TO TRANSFORM. LIKE THE RID ULTRA MAGNUS. SO MY VOTE IS GENERATION ONE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

I'm so stoked, I've been going through the complete TF collection I acquired recently. It's so awesome! Out of all figures and parts that were released during G1, it's only missing 4 parts--a Divebomb gun, Action Master Mainframe's gun, Needlenose's tialfin and Roadbuster's IR range finder. Not only that, but they are all in excellent shape and about 75 of them still have the unapplied sticker sheet. I'm tempted to just keep the darn thing, maybe write a book!
Challoner
Targetmaster

Post by Challoner »

I don't know anything of the post G1 issues, not since '92. To be honest my interest died as soon as they started releasing the toys purely in plastic. Considering the price of these toys, the least Hasbro could have done is make them in Metal (like Optimus Prime and co).

The new Alternators are the first time I've actually looked at a TF model and thought "Yeah, I would have liked that as a kid!" (or the new Prime 'Superduperwithbellson' which is similarly awesome).

The Beastwars and RID etc just looked plastic and cheap, chunky, cheerful. Yeah I know, I'm being a bit unfair I guess - but they just didn't have the authentic feel.

Personally I'm a G1 forever, I considered writing some Fanfic the other evening (bored mind and am currently infatuated once again with Inferno+Thrust) but was put off by the idea of G2 'disagreeing' with any direction that I took.
"That which does not kill you will only lead to your eventual demise at an old age from a related series of complications."
megaprime
Powermaster

Post by megaprime »

Technically, all the stories after G1 have become less attractive, and more importantly, after the series of G1 toys, 99% Transformers toys issued by Hasbro really suck big time in terms of design and materials.
Once I sat down and tried to force myself to watch the Cartoon of Energon on TV, and I just could not make it even for 15 minutes! Without a doubt, the pictures of the latest Transformers cartoon have much better quality than G1 due to advanced technology. They even put 3D stuff into the current Transformers cartoon. However, the design of the transformers' appearances is much worse than the original one. Nowadays all the transformers look extremely complicated, and they all transform to complicated and super-advanced stuff, which make them less attractive. Besides, the scenario is boring.
Anyway, I am a G1 Transformers fan.
G1 Transformers,
the incredible creatures,
nothing else can be better,
WE LOVE THEM FOR EVER.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I prefer 1986 and older Transformers, however I have some post that era. My reason, is that I go for what I like.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
LaFountain
Throttlebot

Post by LaFountain »

Like everyone else, I am pretty much a G1 guy. The only series I really couldn't stand was Beast Wars. I have managed to deal with the rest of the series, but wish Beast Wars had never existed.
Spike
Powermaster

A new oldie

Post by Spike »

Hey folks,
1st post on this site... old school i am, only possess g1 transformers... most of them though... not sure when the next group of generations apperared... kinda fell off the planet after the original movie appeared.... i also have most of the original cartoons on vhs...
Spike
Powermaster

Post by Spike »

Wow! It's been a long time since i took such an interest in my transformers... at first i thought about when i received hound, my first... then a barrage of pictures flooded my mind and here i sit... i've just been reading posts by other members and it's great, a great community here... i happen to be in the toy store the other day and came upon the transformers alternators, cool, but it made me only want more of the generation 1 transformers... now the key is to either convince my wife or work around her and start searching out the remaining g1's that i have yet to possess... well good hunting.
Omega Supreme
Targetmaster

Post by Omega Supreme »

G1 and a little after the movie for me.. after they killed off and introduced some of the crappiest looking toys and the movie introducing some of the worst characters ever with alot of just drama transformers didnt have before.
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

G1 all the way,now I wish I could get a copy of the dvd movies,can't find them to rent so I can burn em to dvd.
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

g1

Post by Commander Megatron »

Definitely G1 all the way for me to. You can't beat them with an energon bat.