New Here but an old Child at heart!

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Acc0rd79
Noob

New Here but an old Child at heart!

Post by Acc0rd79 »

Hello everyone!

I just recently found this board and finding TF Land on ebay. (My Ebay handle is Omega Supreme!) I'm the typical grown up kid who still loves the old TF's but has them all boxed away in zip lock bags with their weapons/specs. I had a lot as a kid and went on a huge buying frenzy in the late 90's on Ebay and then stopped. I always wanted a full set but never had the funds back then. Now that I'm older I'm like most of you guys, have a good job, married and have a kid of my own and can afford them now (we are the old car guys of the 60s). I recently began browsing Ebay for some figures I never had and found a few good dedicated sellers like this one. I was shocked when I found out TF land was actually a Florida based company not far from me. I have yet to travel up to Gainesville but that's going to be my excuse to fly my big boy toy more:) Some guys do $100 dollar hamburger flights, I'll do TF flights to Gainesville :) I definitely plan to get some of those big kid toys I never had and my poor family could never buy (Trypticon, Fortress Maximus, Sky Lynx, Scorponok, and a bunch of the first year cars/trucks I never had.) I find myself jumping in and out of hobbies a lot, used to LOVE video games but the last 4 to 5 years I have just not found anything to catch my interest anymore. I even have spent a ton on paintball gear and guns and do enjoy that but that too can get very expensive! I'm sure I'm not the only one that floats in and out of things. I do hope to slowly buy all of the toys I never had and just add them to the boxes and keep them safe. I do let my son see the newer Transformers Walmart releases but I tell him we never touch them or open them. I will let him play with the opened 80s versions though.

Long story I know but I imagine many of you all out there are just like me in many ways!
See ya in the local store or online!

Chad
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Re: New Here but an old Child at heart!

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Heyas, and welcome.

I am sure one of the guys in the shop will be along in a bit to welcome you.

I certainly understand "the bug" when it comes to going back for those missed collectables. I am sorry to inform you though, that the is no actual brick and mortar store front.

But, when TT or trance drop in, they would be the ones with whom to discuss whether or not a store visit would be possible (and a big haul on your own plane may be more practical than shipping these days!!!).

But, please feel free to look around and enjoy your time here.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Welcome Chad! Glad to have you join us! I'm not sure if you've ordered from us just yet, but if you have, I've probably had a hand in getting your toys out to you. As Magnus said, we don't exactly have a brick and mortar storefront, but instead we work out of a section of Matt's (username trance here) home. Since you're local, you are welcome to visit, just give us a shout ahead of time to set up a visit! You'll find our contact info on the main site's contact page. So long as it's not a Monday, we're probably golden. Meanwhile, check out all the content our site has to offer in the Collector's Guides, Blog, and Forum, and I hope you'll find plenty of goodies for your shopping cart in the best damn G1 TF store in the world :D
Acc0rd79
Noob

Post by Acc0rd79 »

Thank you guys. One thing I want to pick up is a used transformer for cheap that may not be in the best condition or with weapons that my son can take to school for show and tell! I actually went on Ebay and found an authentic lunch box and thermos that he takes to school. He says all of the kids want to look at it. I find it funny because he's in first grade and the lunch box is older than his teacher! :mrgreen: I figure if I buy him a cheap transformer that he can take to school and transform in front of the class it will definitely give him some huge cool points! I am wanting to buy a bunch of complete toys that I can put back in the box to complete the series and possibly a few ones with their box as something super special! I'll slowly pick them up as the cash flows (not getting into debt over toys) haha. I will have to swing by the home whenever I can. Usually most of the small airports you fly into have loaner cars for the crews they will let you borrow for 2 hours at a time to get food or what not. I've flown into Gainesville before doing some instrument training and they have a cool little UF display before you walk in the offices there! If the home is close to the airport I can just borrow it and drive by once in awhile to grab some items:) I guess the next step is to pull them all out, either take pics or make a list of what I have currently and what I still don't have, it's been several years since I've opened them.

See ya all around!