New to the threads!! Hi Everyone - READ

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Boba Fett

New to the threads!! Hi Everyone - READ

Post by Boba Fett »

Whats up everyone!

So the transformer bug has finally manifested in me. I have been a LOOOONG time hardcore star wars fan with an interest in Transformers. Some of the guys I hung onto were Omega Supreme, Thundercracker, Red Alert and PowerMaster Prime. Now that Ive seen the movie and watched all the old shows on DVD I'm back into the swing of collecting and refreshing on all the stories. I actually picked up some more off of Ebay (evil bay, Dumb bay as i have heard it called here) so I could reclaim some of the guys I totally destroyed. Now my collection adorns my shelves and bookcase which my live-in GF completely hates but shockingly she lets me get away with it all even as more comes in!! Just the other day I added the Insecticons to the line-up!! :D

Anywayz, I have a couple questions...

Whats with all the Ebay hate? Its the only place I can find to get G1's and its also helped me sell off many spare parts to people who need them. Does anyone know how I might go about offering them up to people on this site first? I'm sure I could read (blah) and find out but would it be appreciated? Is there enough available or can people use some extra parts and such?

One thing I'm actively in persuit of is a G1 Optimus with the box (not sealed, cant play with it that way!!) Does anyone know of a thread (yes I searched) with some obvious ways of telling a fake? I know about the grey border thing...

Hit me back. I have a bunch more interesting things to share but I wont Ramble. Peace!!

Oh, and if TT reads this, do you know if I can get a cool name? I would like Boba Fett (thought of it too late darn it!!). Hey, they did make a transformer of him 8)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

TT reads all. Your name, at your wish, is now Boba Fett. Check the store for craploads of G1. It's one of the few places i buy anything.
Boba Fett

Post by Boba Fett »

sweeeeeeet!

Now its off to find a cool avatar.
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Hi Boba Fett :)

Do you have any pictures of your collection to share?
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

Welcome Boba Fett! Enjoy the forum! :)
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

welcom aboard :wink:
The past is the greatest teacher
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

Did they make a TF of Boba Fett? Ye sthey did in the Starwars TF line. General Grevious, Luke, Obi-wan, Mace, the Emperor, Han/Chewie, Jango Fett, Anakin, 2x Vader, Maul, and a few more. Some are still available at retail stores, $14.99, but the line is slowing down. Happy shopping.
Sideswipe
Powermaster

Post by Sideswipe »

Hey Boba Fett! Welcome to the forums. Yes Computron there is a Boba Fett version TF out now and they are coming out with the AT-AT also.
AUTOBOTS FTW!!!!!!!!!

DID YOU GUYS SEE THE SIZE OF THAT CHICKEN!!!
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

SS I know, my typing was in error a little. Had a little glitch in my right hand hydraulic actuator. :wink:
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Welcome Boba Fett, enjoy the forums
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Welcome to the forums.
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

Welcome Boba, hope you enjoy the fourms.

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun