Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Hey guys,

I'm new here. Stumble upon the site looking for somewhere as an "archive" to refer to for TFs I have/still want. What a great site - the archive of pictures to refer to really helped and also jogged the memory of some TFs I thought i'd forgotten :D

I've been collecting TFs for about 4 years now..... that is, if you discount all my childhood before it. I'm 27, and it is with age and disposable income that i find myself surrounded by little metal and plastic robots, and I still can't believe just how many different ones are available, and growing all the time.

I'm still very much a beginner in the collector stakes. Often, I do the unforgivable and rip a transformer from it's packet, instead of leaving it be..... hey, i like to play with 'em still! :lol: If I can take one out carefully, keeping bubble and twists intact, then I do take extra care. My priority most of the time though is to get it out and transform it lol I have a few that i've kept in boxes, but I like to display mine on my shelves in various poses etc. I'm yet to learn all this grading-language (AFA this, and C10 that.... etc etc :shock: :? ) but am slowly coming to round to the idea that when I buy a new TF, I will spend quite a lot sometimes and be prepared to pay more for "collectors" items.... and yes, i'll keep them in the box. maybe. :lol:

I don't have too much of a "preference" from all the different series' available - if I like the 'bot, I'll buy it. Though I am partial to the new Alternators/Binaltech and Masterpiece range that are very accurate to current real-world cars and have super articulation for great poses.

I've just started getting into TF customisation - dismantling some existing figures and re-painting them. I will get round to posting some pics soon when i get my digital camera sorted.

So - that's me. I will certainly be coming back for more help and info - possibly the most useful TF resource I've found so far on the web! 8)
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

Welcome.I like to display mine on a shelf and play with them too :lol:
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

Hi and welcome to the fourms, stick around and if you have any questions be sure to ask as someone here is bound to know the answer.

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

Welcome to tfl one of the best resources for transformer fans. I think just about everyone cant keep them in the box. I just keep the box and cardbacks in a box just in case i ever sell them (yeah right)

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

I don't care for the boxes. If i have them they get put into storage while the TF's are displayed in there true glory. If you have any questions mostly you'll get a comprehenisve answer from anothe rmember.

I ask whether you are autobot or decepticon at heart. Welcome and have fun.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Slag
Gestalt Warrior
Location: In a wodden cottage somewhere in the norwegian forrest making dinobot music

Post by Slag »

i display mine on a shelf i robot-mode, sometimes in alt-mode..depending on the mood really

btw, welcome onboard :D

"Me Slag no like anything."
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

Welcome. Can't wait for the pics. Is your name from a Weird Al song? "I'm the Only Gay Eskimo in my Tribe", right?
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Hey guys,

thanks for the warm welcome. :D

I am Decepticon, through and through. Starscream has always been my favourite, since he was my first ever TF...... closely followed by Soundwave and the autobot Springer, because those two were bought for me as gifts when I was about 6 years old and had to have an operation on my lung. I played with nothing but Soundwave and Springer for as long as I was in hospital - and a whole load afterwards :D

I just had my 27th birthday today and the missus bought me a Ultimate Bumblebee and a Nightwatch Prime from the movie, so I've been fiddling with those all day. 8)

and oh yeah - my forum name is indeed from "The Only Gay Eskimo".....

"Me and nuckfluckchuckbuck, we both like blubber......

.... but me, I've got this crazy fetish for rubber....."

etc etc :lol: :lol: :lol:
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Ramjet wrote:Welcome. Can't wait for the pics. Is your name from a Weird Al song? "I'm the Only Gay Eskimo in my Tribe", right?
Don't want to burst your bubble guys but that is definatly NOT a "Weird Al" Yankovic song. He has always been a family oriented musician and never did anything too offensive. All those songs you see on the internet are not AL.
Ramjet

Post by Ramjet »

Are you screwin' with me? I thought I heard it on Dr. Demento.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Could be another comic singer.
But if it is Weird Al, it's got to be about 1 month old because I never heard of it.
Ramjet

Post by Ramjet »

Corky and the Juice Pigs perform it. Sorry I blew up.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

No problem
Decepticons are known for doing that once in a while 8)
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

nuckfluckchuckbuck wrote:I just had my 27th birthday today...
Happy belated birthday. :)

Welcome aboard. Nice to have another decepticon around. :wink:
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Welcome aboard, I am Megatron Decepticon Commander here and Admin. Welcome aboard. Why don't you take on a Decepticon name and I will change your name for you. Tho we have a lot of Starscreams and Soundwaves already. You must like some one else?
Ramjet

Post by Ramjet »

My I suggest a Decepticon Seeker? I don't think there's a Dirge, and if there's a Skywarp or Thundercracker, I've never seen them.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Greetings! You will find that alot of us here still display our toys me especially. Im always changing my scenes. My boxes stay hidden. Enjoy the forum, everyone here is cool.
R.I.P. Menasor
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Well, if a Decepticon name is needed, then I think i'll take SunStorm from the decepticon jets if it's not taken? I don't remember him from the show itself, but I have seen he's one of the rarer jets that were available as a mail away toy. If SunStorm is taken, i'll have a re-think. :D

Oh - and just to clear up the nuckfluckchuckbuck/weird al thing - I actually heard it from a Tenacious D song I downloaded, though it could have been incorrectly labelled. Sounds like Jack Black's and KG's voices though, I have to say.
Sixshot
Instrument Of Destruction

Post by Sixshot »

U chose the correct faction! Welcome Decepticon!

I haven't gotten into customization other than decals, but as far as taking apart, I don't think I have enough to do that yet, unfortunately! You'll definitely enjoy it here as everyone has something to offer in making your collecting experience enjoyable, :wink: !
- "Life is worth living only as long as there are enemies worth destroying!"
Thrust
City Commander

Post by Thrust »

Welcome to the decepticon ranks, glad to meet you.