I am new(can you tell?)

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Savanna RX-7 GT-X
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

I am new(can you tell?)

Post by Savanna RX-7 GT-X »

Yeah, I am new, so that means whever I join a new forum, I do one of these threads. So here some standard info I usualy share as no one here knows me.

Real Location:Madison WI
Info Stuff:
Own a 1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE(limieted edtion model ran for 2 years, has the 13B engine, and not what was at the time the normal 12A)
Watch lotta Anime(Gundam mostly, Cowboy Bebop, and some others) and Racing(not NASCRAP or NASREDNECKTRUCK, I mean like GT Tourning, Le Mans, good stuff).
Pretty active Gamer(Project Gotham Racing 2 on Xbox Live and Phantasy Star Online Epsisode 1 & 2 and Episode 3 C.A.R.D. and Initial D Arcade Stage Ver2(3 not here yet..))
Pretty extesive US Gundam Figure Collection.
Mazda Fanatic.
UM, what else, I used to moderate at more than a few forums, now jsut only a game site called DigitialBackSpin(DBS for short)

I used to be big into Transformers, but aroudn 5th grade or so cartoon type shows left till about 5 eyars ago or so when I got into Anime, and then when the Alternators series was out, kidna brought me back(plus they releasing a RX-8 version later in White and Red helps, hehe).

I will try to be active here, but life has been pretyt busy latley, even with my bad foot hehe, later.

Almost forgot, what are the Rules on Avatars and Signatures here?

Oh, I just noticed there a area for this, that not here, could someone move it please?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Consider it moved. i'm TT, the most active member here. (bring it on, trance!) but trance is the head god-man, and runs a good store. i'm sure of course you have the mazda rx-8 transformer (now named meister) screen saver? if not, i think i have it in suggest a site or cool links or something. as for avatars and banners, nothing immoral or inappropriate. avatars have a size limit, unless you link offsite. i guess keep it reasonably small. only two of us have banners, so we haven't had any problems. i guess keep it narrow and reasonable. k?

and welcome to the site! *shakes hand dramatically*
Last edited by Time Traveller on Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

Oh, I don't do images, that have nudity and stuff, not my style.

And no, my WP is this.
(click the link under it for big size)

http://www.vginsider.com/wing/ah/RX-7Large17.jpg

And that if you want to know, is my car, took the image a few minutes from the house.
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

heh nice car.

As for the anime aspect, I'm up there with you on that one. Anime is great.

Again... nice car.

Oh yeah... from wisconsin eh? There are a few others about from there.

Umm... yeah.

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

Yes, I like my car to.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

very nice, artistic picture too.... lighting and all. next time i'm through madison area i'll look you up, we can go for a cruise. dammit, now i'm going to go have to take a cool pic of the fiero somewhere tonight.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

got it! i went over to Hines park boat landing parking lot and snapped a few shots of my car. some didnt' turn out due to different lighting experiments, but here are those that did.
http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/73852/fiero//
my favorite is IM002621. if you have dialup and are only patient enough for one (they're big) this is the one. i wish i could take pics that cool looking all the time. and no, the car is not going 120mph despite how it looks. no matter how i tried though, i could not duplicate the lighting in the pic of the mazda! got any more of yours, savanna? that's a real piece of work there... what color is it actually?

EDIT: okay, found the rest of the pics. beautiful... a nice photogenic, metallic grey. but how'd you get the yellow lighting? are you a photographer, or were those pics just taken with love, or both? you've inspired me, i'm going to have to take some more of mine. i should wash it though before i do any daytime ones.
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Ah, good old Hines park. I miss that place. I used to have water fights there and the like. Good times.

Oh yeah, I like your car too Ben.

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

Actually...... I don't take the pics, my brother does that. He owns the 1992 Honda Prelude that you might have seen, as it sounds like you went thru my folder.....

And if you didn't here:
http://www.vginsider.com/wing/ah/RX-7Large5.jpg
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

yeh, i did. i don't have a brother, i took my own. :)
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

Yeah, my brother jsut good with his digitail camera, as yet I don't have one.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

here is a teaser for my lil' folder-o-pics...
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Dude.. fix your host. It is down right now. Yeah, that is directed at you TT.

As for not having a brother you do have Rachel... I'm sure she could whip snazzy pictures out like that. :D

And for cars... I'd show you a picture of mine... ah hell why don't I show you a picture of mine....

Pretty spiffy eh?

Savanna RX-7 GT-X

You need like fake exhaust man, and sticker,s it will add HP even to a bike, didnt you know that.

And that image, um, yeah......

Here, d/l some photo skills here:
http://getagoodcameraforgodsakes.com/lm ... uclickthis
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

link doth not work.
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

I hope your joking.....
snakemarcato13
Targetmaster

Post by snakemarcato13 »

welcome to a small community with a bunch of ppl that are more or less crazy.

Hey, TT, if you check this thread, I got those gumballs off of the gumball tree. Tell Aaron we need to play D&D soon, I'll bring the gumballs.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

oh, for chirssakes snake. didn't i tell you to leave those gumballs alone? aaron has infinite work now, so if we play anytime relatively soon (i'll be gone thurs-mon) it'll be my campaign.

and no, Savanna, i'm not kidding. i click it and get one of those page cannot be displayed things.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

WELCOME, SAVANNA RX-7 GT-X Y2K4 USA! Wait, that name doesn't look quite right, i think i stuck something extra in there by mistake. Well, we're glad to have ya, anyways. And your car. Speaking of which, does your car have a name and/or alt-mode? (i used to know a guy who had an Autobot crest on the hood of his car, but he moved before i learned that it was his car, so i never got to ask him about it.)

So, there was this story in Reader's Digest magazine--true story--about this individual whose sweet tooth caused him/her (i forget which) some trouble after discovering a new spouse's secret stash of gumballs. Popping one into his/her mouth and biting down revealed that the colorful orb was not very sweet; the spouse's secret stash actually wasn't gumballs, but evidence that the spouse enjoyed paintball.

This has nothing to do with you, Savanna, but i didn't know what else to do with TT and 13's gumball discussion. (Do dragons chew gum? Or do dungeons chew gum? *suddenly pictures Autobot Doublecross blowing a bubblegum bubble, and setting it on fire*)

But returning to the subject (which should be Savanna, but seems to have become personal modes of transportation, instead): Aanallein! Sweet ride! i wish i could drive one of those...

As for any or all of you snapping shots of your vehicles, as long as your camera isn't about to break into three pieces and grow and transform into evil robots, i say keep doing what you're doing.

And if you think your shutterbuggery needs improvement, Traveller, try Savanna's link again. Worked for me.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

no matter what i do, that link will not work. i've tried everything, it refuses me there. if my camera did divide into three robots, i'd be like "hey! i DO have an LMC reflector! allright!"