I am new(can you tell?)

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Savanna RX-7 GT-X
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Savanna RX-7 GT-X »

Just go to Sams Club, they alwasy selling a Go Kart, and mount some wheels to the top of the frame, and make your seat be able to rotate, lmao.
snakemarcato13
Targetmaster

Post by snakemarcato13 »

add some dirt....instant Mad Max!
"I have a form of witchcraft. It's called Magic 8-Ball." --said by me while watching the crucible in AP English
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

No, sorry, adding only dirt, and this is what you get.

I hope everyone understands that image.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

that's really terrible. like, really really bad. shame on you. especially if it's your car.
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

Hell no, my car, is a "No Sex" Zone. I woudl think it have to be funny though if your walking by and see it, lmao.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

yeah, especially on a volvo.

there's a joke in that somehow.
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

Time Traveller wrote:there's a joke in that somehow.
The Safest cars in the world are the best to romp on?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

that, or something to do with the headlight wipers. i'm not sure.
snakemarcato13
Targetmaster

Post by snakemarcato13 »

Ah, TT, good to see that you found a computer, not that I am suprized. How has school been?

Hey, you wouldn't believe it, the Varsity beat Ladysmith! We're 1-0 until tomorrow!

One more thing, have you seen the re-release of the origional Optimus? Found it at Wal-Mart for like $63.84 or something like that.
"I have a form of witchcraft. It's called Magic 8-Ball." --said by me while watching the crucible in AP English
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

I have a 1992 Chevy POS, otherwise known as Lumina. It gets me from point A to point B, but not much else.

And even though no one's really "introduced" themselves on this topic since Savanna started it, I thought I'd do so anyways because the posts around here are few and far between and I'm want to kickstart some more active posting and blow some time.

I'm 24, live in Austin, TX, go to the University of Texas.
I'm also an active gamer (Madden, THUG, TF(which rocks the house, btw), FFs, etc.)

I used to have a lot of Transformers as a kid, but fell out of them when they started getting crazy. And by crazy I mean Pretenders and things like the Sparkbots/Monstercons and the Abominus gestalt. I liked Transformers because they were Robots in Disguise. You got a decent robot and a decent car/plane whatever for the price of one. Blot, Grotesque, Skullgrin: these clearly were not in disguise. And the robot was almost an afterthought. Additionally, I had got a Nintendo by that time, which also took a fair chunk of my time. Once I saw the horror that was the Transformers that couldn't transform Action Masters, I knew that Hasbro had truly lost its way. Personally, my unextinguishable spark for TF rose from the comics. I have 1-80, and, like many other people, Furman's run on that book was what kept a warm place in my heart for TF through the years, and what elevated TF for me from just toys and media trying to sell said toys to truly solid Science Fiction.
I saw Beast Wars every once in awhile. I was happy that TF was making a resurgance after the failed popularity of the G2 comics/toys. I thought the animation on the show was cool, but there was something deep inside me that just couldn't accept Optimus Prime as a gorilla. I was intrigued by the story, esp. around the end of BW and the beginning of BM, but that was about it.
So fast forward to this summer. I thought Spider Man 2 ruled, so much so that I thought I'd go into a comic shop to see what ol' Spidey was up to these days. And to my surprise, there were new TF comics that had been around for a few years already. I bought up all the G1 and WW I could find, loved them, searched on the Net for stuff about them, thereby finding the TF community, thereby hearing about Alternators, which I went out and bought since they sounded right up my alley, and now here I am again, blowing money on plastic and metal like it's going out of style. And that's my story.
So, in Transformers, Les Claypool is God?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

luckily, it's not. welcome home. i'd tell my tale, but i'm sure it's around this site at least ten times. go get.
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

If its half the size of Shanti418's story, I mgiht be able to finish reading it, lmao. I think my eys are starting to go.....
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Yeah. I'm getting a car soon! THen I'll have my own story and the like to spread amongst you people who have been spoiled and have your own cars already!

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!

But, I love the volvo picture.

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

Well, are you also liek TT in college, or like me being 23?
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

I'm like myself taking a year off from school to play hockey and pretty much be lazy.

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe
snakemarcato13
Targetmaster

Post by snakemarcato13 »

Aanallein wrote:I'm like myself taking a year off from school to play hockey and pretty much be lazy.
Someting tells me not to be suprized.
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

And why would you say something like that? It is very natural to try and pursue ones dreams! When I'm raking in the dough in the new NHL, filled with completely amateur hockey players and making about 100,000 grand a year because of the damned salary cap that will be imposed, I'll be laughing at you!

But yeah... not many would have guess otherwise.

snakemarcato13
Targetmaster

Post by snakemarcato13 »

No, I was saying that I'm not surprized about the laziness part.
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Lazy is good. Lazy is fun. Be lazy with me.

[/trance hippnotic speech]

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

wait... they have bbcode for hypnotic speech? woah, i gotta try that! and i bet it'll work for me too, cus i know how to spell hypnotic!