WELCOME!

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Rhymus
City Commander

WELCOME!

Post by Rhymus »

It's almost 2 AM here, and suddenly i find myself very tired. (There's another one of my bad puns in there somewhere, about tires and wheels and fenders, but... i told you, i'm tired.) So i'll be headed out. But first, i wanted to wish a warm welcome to everyone who's joined this site after me (since i tried welcoming the ones who were here before me and they all looked at me funny). i'll look into your profiles and User Info entries and come up with more personal welcomes next time i'm here, but for now, this general welcome will have to suffice. And just to make this a little more and/or less pointless, let me ask newcomers and old timers alike a variation of the questions i asked guests to answer in my recruitment venture: How did you find this forum, and what convinced you to join? (i'm particularly curious why people who've never posted anything joined.) i came looking for more information about Alternators after the first time i stumbled across them in stores, and joined because i wanted to participate in some of the discussions that were going on, and start some others, and get credit for what i said without as much risk of anyone else using my alias and pretending to be me. ("Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.")
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Ah well. I'm a crazily happenin' cat with a fool of a friend who told me to join up.

So as I did, I followed my foolhearty friend to this world wide weberific website, only to find the funny furries that have found a funtastical place to play and post about people and transformers.

Enough with the alliteration and what not.... So yeah. I found it cause someone told me to find it. So when I did find it I joined and I'm just sticking around cause I have nothing better to do.

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

i'm glad i've so inspired you, aanallein. i came to trance's site from a link in an ebay auction for G1 sideswipe (which i've bought from trance) and i joined cus after my old forum, TF Gen3 disappeared off the face of the earth, i wanted somewhere to share my thoughts on TFs (of which i have many), and as a fledgling forum when i joined, i figured this would be the perfect home for me, and an opportunity for me to take part in guiding the transformation of little more than a spark into a thriving metroplex of transfans. a crowning goal in my life obsession of transformerology.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Plentiful points provided to awesomely and/or awfully alliterative Aanallein, but gotta give the gold to the Time Traveller, Mister Masterful Metaphor. ("Metroplex of TransFans"... heh heh.)

P.S.--"Furries"? i've heard us called "squishies", "Human (where applicable) germs", "flesh creatures", "organic creatures"... but i gotta say, "furries" is a new one on me.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Only connection I see is that furries are a race where they transform from a humanoid form to an animalian form. Thus a transformer? I no know.

As for your comment Stars. I pick awesomely personally.

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe