Being ill sucks

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Yeah, a bunch indeed!
I guess everyone has more or less dark moments in their lives... I think most of us just don't talk about them.

Take care of yourselves! :)
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

dawg, when the seizures happen are you fully aware of them or do you black out? The tablets you are on, are they Epanutin or Phenytoin by any chance?
Lennyluck

Post by Lennyluck »

I know what it is to be ill my friend,..oh boy does it suck...
getting physically fit helps a buch,.... eating right...ha...
ok sometimes....

I hope all gets better with you, but just a thought...Ever check your home to see if there's anything that would aid in the bringing or worsening of any symptoms...

I wish I could help in one way or another...be well friend, fight the good fight...I've realized since I've been here that it helps, where it could be the jokes or commen interest or just the general concern...it does help.
Last edited by Lennyluck on Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I agree with Lennyluck on that one. We are a family here and we're all here to support you.
R.I.P. Menasor
Commander Megatron

I third that motion, if we all stick together we can get through anything. Autobot and Decepticon all take care of each other.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Such is what makes TFL great!
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Indeed.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

At least I just had a swift stay in hospital, my thoughts are with you
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

This is definately one big happy family. through thick and thin. my prayers are with you sunstorm :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Thanks again - to all you guys :D

On a positive note, my lesions have been receeding this last week, and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll return to work by Monday next week. It all depends on whether it continues to receed over the weekend or not. I'm not getting my hopes up too much, since it's receeded many times and has only swiftly returned with a vengeance, but I'm remaining positive.

This forum deserves an award for it's members and their super-friendliness - thanks to all for your kind words of support :D
Jetfire is a robosexual
TheDawg
Powermaster

Post by TheDawg »

Commander Megatron wrote:dawg, when the seizures happen are you fully aware of them or do you black out? The tablets you are on, are they Epanutin or Phenytoin by any chance?
No, I'm fully consious and aware which makes it quite scary because I can't control what's happening. If I was to black out I wouldn't know any different :(

I'm on Dicloflex which is a strong anti-inflamitry which seems to supress the seizures/episodes. Also taking ampitriptyline which in high doses is used as an anti-depressant but I'm I'm just a 5th of the dosage which is supposed to help my body relax so not to tense up and have seizures.

Have not had a funny turn now for about 4 weeks but have been struggling considerably with headaches and dizzyness hence why I've not been on-line much lately.

Cheers everyone for the kind words :)

Dirge - glad to see you back matey, hope your recovering well :)
WhateverIWant
Throttlebot

Post by WhateverIWant »

Doctors suck when it comes to diagnosing any problem we have. I had pneumonia 2 years ago that has now left me with sharpening chest pains and short breath.. kinda feels like bruises... I feel your pain! I got pneumonia from the apartment that my husbamd and I lived in, it turned out I was pregnant at the time, too, and that only made it worse. A dishwasher above me busted and leaked into our ceiling causing a frenzy of mold which mace me sick. I spend 2 whole horrifying months in what seemed like a comma. I'd wake up and my husband would drug me up, and I would lay there crying and fighting to breathe until the drugs kicked in and I finally went back to sleep. I was as white as a sheet of paper, and I could not move let alone eat or drink anything! I refused to do so and all that anybody could say was that I got what was coming to me for smoking at a young age. I couldn't do anything ans it killed me so bad to get up and go to the bathroom! My chest felt like I was having a heart attack, which doctors say is the closes thing to not having one. They feel the same, the only difference is you wish you would die. I was working where I am now and I am thankful for them letting me have the time off I needed. I even tried to go back to work when I was feeling a little better and ended up passing out and going back home for more weeks. My son is amazingly healthy and survived my horror right with me. I still get scared to think what could have happened to him. :cry: Even now I have ridiculous chest pains and shortness of breath. Doctors lose money when they go into further research so "It's all in my head." or "it's because I smoked." Blah, blah. My seizure I had in the 2nd grade wasn't all in my head! Either way, an illness is an illness and it hurts, and it should be taken into consideration. A man at my husband's work had a heart attack, and they said it was just pnuemonia and almost sent him out! "Just pnuemonia?!" :x I understand what you're going through and hope you have found a doctor who will give you the best care. Make sure you agree with what he/she says, if you think it's something more, see another one. We are lives, not "jobs." I wish you the best of luck, trust me I'm right there with you! :shock:
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

That bites that some medical "professionals" do that. They dont want to waste their time, and it hurts us in the process, yet they make the big bucks. I have a friend in the medical field now, he tells us of some of the things he's witnessed. Its rough.
R.I.P. Menasor
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I just had this discussion lately, too. Doctors should have to maintain some sense of humanity. Problem is, how do you enforce that in any non ad-hoc way?
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

@ WhateverIWant - *loss of words*
That's just terrible! I hope you manage to find a doctor who can help you with your problems.
Take care!
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

I hope things get better, and i done some research for you and found this link on the condition, maybe the info can help you some. I had to do research myself when my husband was ill and i found things before the doctor did. I get mad when doctors slack at finding ways of helping people I think they are looking for money and don't care. I'm going to be a nurse; going into my third simester of school. I want to help people and for me that makes a difference. here ya go, here is that link.

http://www.medicinenet.com/erythema_nodosum/article.htm
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Thanks nightshade, the link is much appreciated.

I haven't returned to work as I hoped this week :( - my doctor wants me to wait until they've ruled out Sarcoidosis as a cause for my Erythema, as apparently it's quite a serious condition that affects the lungs, heart and kidneys :? Oddly, it often goes symptomless for a long time too, so they want to be sure I don't have that which is a very common cause for Erythema. I've often thought about using the internet to look things up, but then I've always stopped because I thought I'd probably read something that frighten the life out of me...

@ WiW - that's terrible. I hope you find something to ease the symptoms. I hate it when someone who has never had your condition plays down it's symptoms... "It's just" are two words that should never start a sentence from someone who plainly doesn't have a clue what it's like.
Jetfire is a robosexual
Commander Megatron

Some doctors don't care.When I had my first stroke in 2001 I went to the hospital on the bus. I didn't know what was wrong with me, my partner at the time was at work. I went in to the hospital and told the doctor what was wrong. She told me I had a trapped nerve in my elbow!! WTF!!! I got up to leave the cubicle and felt the whole place spinning. Never said anything because I wasn't a doctor.

Went home, ended up back in the hospital when mum seen me and told my partner that I had a stroke. They did some tests and there diagnosis this time was upgraded. I had inflammed nerves. Christ almighty. They sent me for a CAT scan. At 1.00am the doctor came to me looking very grim....

He said that the CAT scan had revealed a blood clot caused by a Cavern Omagh. (Thats how it is pronounced, not sure how to spell it, sorry Arcee. :wink:) So with all that in mind, you are not even a job, more like a slab of meat. I can't complain about my Consultant at the Neuro department, he was fantastic. When last I seen him after this incident we shook hands and I told him I never wanted to see him again, unless it was on a golf course! Little did I known at the time that I would see him again 2 years later and that he would save my life.
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Sorry for my absence this week guys - I've been very poorly again and was at the hospital monday/tuesday having a million tests.... one of which unfortunately indicated that I probably have tuberculosis too now, so I'm currently under investigation for that too :roll: I'll know tomorrow after some more tests if that's the case, I'm just crossing my fingers.

If I go quiet for the next week or two, you'll know why I'm not around. I may be like UM for a bit, just lurking, but still here :D
Jetfire is a robosexual
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

Keep us updated SS..
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.