Bad evilBay seller?

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Rodimus has me well trained where I keep everything, receipts, proof of postage, Email confirmations. Any bother that I would get from anything is well covered!
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

though, I still believe you should have nailed that guys ass to the wall for charging you 25 bucks to post a 2cm plastic gun!!!
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Wow, that's steep! I assume it wasn't clearly stated in the auction description or the shipping cost at the top?
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

not sure Wheezel, CMs wife did it for him. I didn't help with that transaction or I would have told the guy to **** off.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Just to play devil's advocate... I once charged someone somewhere around $18 USD to ship three TF instruction manuals to... the Netherlands, I think? (Though it WAS stated up front to him when he asked if I would ship them internationally)

The problem is that according to PayPal and Evil-bay, the only way to protect yourself as a seller in an international transaction is to use a shipping method that's trackable online... which means ONLY Express Mail for international shipments. (They've recently relaxed this rule... IF you're a powerseller :( )
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

@Snarl&Dirge:Ebay is using cookies to monitor activity on computers and connections.Try deleting the cookies and then create a new account...that's what i would do but i'm not sure if its going to work.Another stupid story;a friend of mine had his account suspended for no reason and they asked of him to send to ebay all his personal data to unblock his account....In the near future,ebay will also ask for extra confirmation when you log from different internet connections... :?
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Score one for the good guys!
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Rodimus Prime wrote:though, I still believe you should have nailed that guys ass to the wall for charging you 25 bucks to post a 2cm plastic gun!!!
WHAT?????????? Good Lord! I swear there have been a lot of good non Transformers goodies in the other place as of late but I haven't tried to even get them because these sellers are getting to be crazy nuts with their shipping charges!

I can understand a fair markup for fuel to get to the post office, UPS wherever but there's gouging and using too and don't buy from people who do that! I am sorry that happened to you, CM!
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

none

Post by ghostinthemachine »

dont really know if this applys to him being a bad seller, but about 3 days ago i purchased the lionking trilogy from someone off ebay because my little one loves the movies and disney has them locked in their vault and today i get sent this

Hi there:
Hello, I am your ebay seller
I am also so confused that why eBay suspended my account so suddenly.
Anyway, I did check with the eBay live help session for my account
status. And eBay explained that because I am an international eBay
seller. So, right now they want me to fax all my personal information
such as current utility bill & Government Issue ID for verification.
This is because eBay want to verify my registration Information.
Anyway, I did fax all my information to them once they have suspended
my account and this verification process take about 10 business days.
So, my eBay account will be reinstated after 10 days
Anyway, please don't worry about you DVDs. I am a serious eBay seller
and I will take the full responsibility on all your purchase. Also I
want to inform you that your item has been shipped.
Please don't hesitate to email me if you have any further question.
Thanks, have a nice day.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Re: none

Post by Minerva »

That sounds really strange. I hope the problem will be solved so that you get the movies.
Let us know what happens!
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

none

Post by ghostinthemachine »

i will, I have contacted evilbay and paypal so it should work out, but alot of peoples accounts are getting suspended so we will see

update 8-12-08 i called my friend Sandra Sphan at paypal she contacted the seller that had been suspended from ebay and had him refund all my money