Bad evilBay seller?

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Glad to hear you got it all worked out with the seller. That's what I've always tried to do too!
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

I am wondering what to do, being new to E - Bay. I had the highest bid on an MP - 01 Optimus Prime with 20 minuites to go, then the auction gets cancelled and I get an E - Mail from the seller stating that he had sold it locally and the only way he could remove it was to end the auction with me as the winner, then he asked me to retract my bid. Is this allowed. This was supposed to be Derricks birthday present and I am just a tad annoyed.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

WOW! That guy's got some real nerve!!! :shock: I would think you have a real case to pitch to the Ebay execs. However, if the item is gone and not retreivable, probably the worst damage you can do to this guy is to get his seller priviledges permanent revoked. He'll never sell anything on ebay ever again! He'd be permanently banned!

I'm NO expert,I'm sure some other members can guide you much better than me! STILL...that seller really screwed you!! Man I'm mad for you too!! I'd certainly be extremely upset if a seller did that to me!! :x
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Snarl wrote:I am wondering what to do, being new to E - Bay. I had the highest bid on an MP - 01 Optimus Prime with 20 minuites to go, then the auction gets cancelled and I get an E - Mail from the seller stating that he had sold it locally and the only way he could remove it was to end the auction with me as the winner, then he asked me to retract my bid. Is this allowed. This was supposed to be Derricks birthday present and I am just a tad annoyed.

I'm with Sentinel! This guy has more nerve than a robot fox in a robot chicken house.

I wouldn't sit for that for a second! You need to contact the other place saftey and dispute center and lodge a complaint!

When he ended the auction with you as the winner he and you entered into a legally binding agreement that you would pay him and he would send you item!

I was under the impression that once an auction started and had a bidder that there was no way an auction could be meddled with unless a bidder had made an incorrect bid, requested a retraction thmselves or if the seller had wrongly represented an item and needed to make an alteration to the pictures or description. :?
Hot Shot
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Hot Shot »

That is complete Crap.....I would file a complaint and fire off a rather heated message to the seller. Only way a seller can end an auction once there are bids on it is if the item has been damaged I think. Sounds like he had too many irons in the fire....was trying to sell it on another site and didn't want to lose the money he would pay to ebay for selling it there. You have every right to be mad....that makes me mad just thinking about it. Ruined your birthday surprise. File that complaint see what happens.
Rodimus Prime
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Rodimus Prime »

he probably hasn't even sold it locally. I have heard of seller ending actions and not selling the item because the amount didn't go high enough for their liking.

I too would do a report, he may get his a/c closed, but it wouldn't surprise me if he just started a new one.

I recall when I did a bid for Trypticon for Mark, the guy we bid with accepts paypal, so when we won and it came to me paying he then asked for a personal cheque. UM NO WAY, this was about £300 or more and ebay doesn't offer payment protection on cheques. I had visions of my money being taken and no trypty arriving. I reported that and all they did was remove the feedback from both ends. He also blocked me from ever bidding on his stuff again, no need tho, I would never shop with the robbing ******* again anyways.
Commander Megatron

Post by Commander Megatron »

I remember that!! What an idiot that guy was!! Personal cheque, I don't thinks so me old chestnut!!!
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

ebay

Post by ghostinthemachine »

i have tried that roar and they told me once a feedback is made the only way to change it is to contact them and see if they could do a mutual removal of the feedback between the seller and buyer
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Okay, what should I do? The story:

Seemed like a standup seller, with MANY feedback and a 100% rating.

I won about 9 lots from a guy. Three of them I got for about 50% of typical market price, including two complete figures (Double Spy and a monstructor). I probably wouldn't have bid on some of the other lots if I hadn't already one those three. He shipped six lots (guess which 3 he left out!).

So, I inquire about the missing lots. He implies that I'm lying, but that 'he'll check with his other buyers to see if he accidentally sent them out to them' (yeah, 'cause people are SO honest that they'll cough up the free $125 worth of stuff).

I still have the box he shipped in. Label says 12 ounces. Box is about 5" X 5" X 3". So I have *proof* he didn't ship everything.

Now, he wants me to leave positive feedback as a 'sign of good faith' before he refunds me.
My initial reaction (no I haven't sent this to him):
A) I don't WANT a bloody refund, you git! I want my figs!
B) Positive feedback? Ummm.... Neutral, maybe.

So... I'm going to e-mail him, and let him know there is NO way I'm leaving feedback until this is resolved.

I guess my question is... if he refunds, do I neutral him? Neg? Does anybody else buy that this *could* be an honest mistake, and I should leave him positive?
Commander Megatron

Post by Commander Megatron »

I would wait and see how he deals with the refund. If he gives it to you first then I would sway towards positive. But only, if he is pleasent about the refund. If he says you are to leave him positive feedback then he will refund you... I would be a bit wary of it....
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Dont leave positive till he gives you the refun. If he wont, take him to paypal if you used that. If you didn't use that, report him to ebay as items not recieved. Then after that I would leave a negative. Only if he doesn't give a refund.
R.I.P. Menasor
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

ebay

i wouldnt give him a positive feedback unless he refunds the money first and if he doesnt refund your money contact ebay and let them know he wont refund your money unless you leave him a positive feedback
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

I've had a problem with a seller as well. I paid for the item and it was never sent. It wasn't much as I really don't bid on high value items. After the auction closed. Some how the seller changed status to no longer a registered user. I think we both got negative feedbacks for that one.
My wife also uses my ebay account. She bid on a disney thing and forgot about it. I got negative feed back for that one as well. Over all ebaying has been a good experience. I have two bids in right now in fact. Good luck to you all in your ebaying endevors.
Overlord
City Commander

Re: Bad evilBay seller?

Post by Overlord »

Ramjet wrote:transformer-universe

I'm not telling anyone who to buy from, nor do I have any personal experience with this guy. I've been seeing his/her auctions for the last few days, and I would avoid them like grim death. They have high feedback, but a ton of mutually withdrawn feedbacks.

Feedback

Also, they are on their 9th user ID. You don't change your ID 9 times unless you have something to hide.

Past ID's

Paid for by People Against Scumbag Sellers on the Web. I'm Ramjet, and I approve this message.
Yeah I purchased a "near mint" Slag complete a couple of weeks ago from this dude. I already have a Slag but it's a bit loose and there's sticker wear.

I receive this "near mint" slag and behold, the slag that transformer-universe
sent me is loose, has heavy sticker wear, and cannot tightly hold the legs together to form the hump in transformation. With no bias whatsoever, I would say my current slag is in better condition. What a joke. I was contemplating putting this back on ebay but I wonder can I file some type of complaint or some such...like misrepresented item or the like.

He offered a refund but minus shipping charges. Shipping charges were $10, my return shipping to him would be $5, and I would be minus $15 for the entire transaction because I was deceived by the auction description.

any advice? :evil:
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

I have a problem that I need some help with. This is a bit long winded so for that I am sorry.

Last summer Derricks brother stayed with us for 3 or 4 months and he used our computer for his E-bay buyings and sellings, which I do not have a problem with, in fact we always used his account the odd time we needed something. Then he left and got a place of his own so Derrick set an E-bay account up for us and up till yesterday we bought Transformers alongside farm machinery for Derricks buisiness. Then yesterday our account gets suspended, so I phoned Derrick to ask him what he had done and he said nothing, so when he came home he e-mailed E-bay to ask what the problem was and we recived what I would call a snotty e-mail telling us we had been " linked with a suspended account ". So Derrick sent one back asking what they were talking about and it seems that his brothers account was suspended last November and as we had the same contact details we were also being suspended. So Derrick sent an e-mail back explaining the situation and asking for our account to be re-activated and we got one back that said " This is our policy, tough ". So Derrick sent another E-mail asking if they thought that this was fair, and we got the response " This is our policy, tough ", so we sent another saying we had been buying and selling on E-bay since November without problem and we have 100% feedback, how come they have suddenly decided that we have " links " to the suspended account, to which we recived the reply, you guesssed it, " This is our policy, tough ". I am sure that this is neither fair nor right, can anyone help ?
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I think the ebay higher ups dont like confrontation so the just say "its policy" If I were you, I dont know if its possible, but start another account and use different contact info. I haven't been having good luck either. A buyer received my item, but said it didn't arrive, and wanted a refund. Everything I sell has insurance and all the bells and whistles. Now Paypal is involved and has my account on hold till I give a refund. :evil: :evil: I know he has my item, cause all the other items I sent on the same day arrived right on time.
R.I.P. Menasor
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

Overlord, report the guy. false listing details is a big bad on e-bay. they frown on it greatly.

get the guy in the **** by reporting it. A refund should always also be the full amount, not some half arsed way of shutting you up.
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

My advice, for what it's worth:

Overlord: If you can't get anywhere with Rod's advice, leave the guy a neg and chalk it up to experience. Toy karma will catch up with this hoser.

Dinobot: ALWAYS use delivery confirmation and keep the slip for 3 months. I've had people try that crap twice. "My item never showed up" Then I send them the tracking number, and when they realize the jig is up, I never hear from them again.
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Dinobot wrote:I think the ebay higher ups dont like confrontation so the just say "its policy" If I were you, I dont know if its possible, but start another account and use different contact info. I haven't been having good luck either. A buyer received my item, but said it didn't arrive, and wanted a refund. Everything I sell has insurance and all the bells and whistles. Now Paypal is involved and has my account on hold till I give a refund. :evil: :evil: I know he has my item, cause all the other items I sent on the same day arrived right on time.
If you still have the insurance recipt for the item you can have the USPS or whoever you had handle the mailing track the package and see if it were delivered to your buyer's home. If you do for sure scan and send the recipt to the other place people and let them see you've done your part.

I hate that this has happened to you Dinobot there are unfair sellers but there are quite a few unscrupulous buyers out there too! :(
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

none

i sold a bunch of transformers to someone on ebay and packed them nice in individual bags and bubble wrap, the guy paid me through paypal and then a month later paypal sends me a message that he has a dispute against me because it cost me less to ship it than what he paid and claimed some of the items were broke, so he sent me the items back and when i got them he only sent me half the items back and kept the ones he wanted and paypal told me i had to give him a complete refund, so i called paypal and talked to the supervisor and you told me to send them to her and she would review the case and after another 4 days she calls me and tells me that the case was over and found in my favor, and he wasnt getting a refund, and they also contacted ebay and he is no longer aloud to have an account, if you have the receipt for the shipping of the items and it shows on the receipt were its going then that should be good enough the post office isnt going to give fake receipts and they should know that