Bad evilBay seller?

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Bad evilBay seller?

Post by Ramjet »

transformer-universe

I'm not telling anyone who to buy from, nor do I have any personal experience with this guy. I've been seeing his/her auctions for the last few days, and I would avoid them like grim death. They have high feedback, but a ton of mutually withdrawn feedbacks.

Feedback

Also, they are on their 9th user ID. You don't change your ID 9 times unless you have something to hide.

Past ID's

Paid for by People Against Scumbag Sellers on the Web. I'm Ramjet, and I approve this message.
Hot Shot
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Hot Shot »

I bought something from this guy back in December. I didn't have any problems. His shipping time kind of sucked but other than that I got what was promised and for a good price too.
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

What a bum! (the seller...not you 'Jet) I'm going to put this in the billboard with Sunstorm's thread so everyone will see it.
Lennyluck

Post by Lennyluck »

Hmmm....think I bought from this one too...don't think I had any problems...

"maybe a heat-seeker up his tailpipe should straighten em out a bit..."

nah but really if its 9 ID changes its either he's got alotta problems finding himself , or the obvious... either way,...blast em...I'm tired of all the BS sellers and buyers on the bay
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

I hope this fits the thread I didn't want to start another one..........

I'm not quite sure what to do about a situation...... I am looking for advice and would greatly appreciate it so please lend me your wisdom!

I bought an item from a seller in the other place (not a toy). I paid promptly with a postal money order and the seller marked my payment sent May 10th of this year. I added insurance and everything as an option.

After a couple of weeks after not getting the item I wrote the person and asked where my item was, they said that they've had car trouble and asked for a few days to deal with that before sending my package.

I said that was fine...I realize that things happen. I wrote the seller a week later to ask how things were going and he didn't return my e-mail. I gave the seller another week and wrote the person again today so this person has had two weeks to straighten out their problem.

I was polite and kept all of my mails including the one I sent today non-ugly.

What should I do? I don't wish to go off half-cocked again like I did another time and make a fool of myself.

Advice?
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

If you had used Paypal, you coulda gotten your money back, otherwise I would try and get ahold of ebay. I don't know if you can have a money order canceled or not, but you could try.
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Sideways wrote:If you had used Paypal, you coulda gotten your money back, otherwise I would try and get ahold of ebay. I don't know if you can have a money order canceled or not, but you could try.
I don't have a credit card so I can't utilize PayPal thank God! I'd probably be on the street with a stolen grocery cart full of all my junk and a cardboard sign that reads...."WiLL WoRk FoR RoBOtS oR MAGiC KiTtY SwORdS"

As oper the postal money order.......

You can't cancel a postal money order but you can trace it after a one month wating period. I guess I could pay the five dolla' fee, get the address and write the person trying to convince them to send me a refund or the item.

*throws up hands*
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

In the little tab next to your auction win there is a little box that reads, Leave Feedback or mark as payment sent. Highlight that and a drop down list of stuff should appear. One of the options iss item not received. Just follow the steps given, and you should have a chance at either getting your stuff or money back through ebay. Then ebay makes that seller pay for it, sometimes even banning them, and you get some satisfaction back as well :) Hope that helps.
R.I.P. Menasor
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

That's probably your best bet for now.
Hot Shot
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Hot Shot »

I would try what Dinobot suggested. I had a situation a while back with a seller. They had described an item as being complete and pictured it as complete. But when it arrived it was missing parts. The guy gave me the run around saying it he would send the missing items but never did. I reported him to ebay and also paypal. But within a week I had my missing parts and ebay banned him as a seller. I didn't really want him banned but I guess that is another of ebays policies.....Good Luck with your dilema.
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Thank you everybody! I submitted a request for his personal information and got a telephone number.

I am going to try to work something civil out with this seller first before I go through the dog and pony show. He said he has had problems with his car etc. and I really want to try to give him every chance to make this right....if he has had trouble that's like kicking a man while he's down.

Besides......... I don't want to become angry and make the same mistake I did a while back.

If I talk to guy and he still doesn't co-operate I guess I'll just have to do what you, Hot Shot, Sideways and Dinobot suggested. I thank you all three of you for your advice and support! :D

I just can't believe that this guy needs to do something like this! It doesn't make any sense! :?
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

What was the seller's name? (PM it if you want) Any bad feedback with similar complaints?
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Ramjet wrote:What was the seller's name? (PM it if you want) Any bad feedback with similar complaints?
I e-mailed you the other place thingy but yes this guy had bad feedback mounting right after he said he got my payment. He's gotten one since my thingy was closed too but he has also gotten positive feedback since my closing saying that other buyers got their items. That is part of the reason why I am so reticent to make a stink.

I don't want to un-justly come to the conclusion I'll never get my item and make the guy mad with an other place inquiry but I just can't let an amount like that go too. So I'm balancing faith with ticked-offity and not having a happy middle.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Although you dont want to make a stink of it, sometimes you just have to dig in. If you dont make it apparent you're questioning why you haven't received it yet, chances are the seller may not worry about it. That's happened to me once, and I waited too. Needless to say I never got my item or money back, but that was before most of the protections we have now.
R.I.P. Menasor
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Dinobot wrote:Although you dont want to make a stink of it, sometimes you just have to dig in. If you dont make it apparent you're questioning why you haven't received it yet, chances are the seller may not worry about it. That's happened to me once, and I waited too. Needless to say I never got my item or money back, but that was before most of the protections we have now.
Well after about seven unanswered e-mails I filed a report on an item not sent today. I have to wait 15 or 10 days until I can contact the safety people to see if they can do something about it. I also went ahead and left this guy a negative feedback too since I doubt I'll get anything back since I paid with a postal money order.

Its the first negative I have ever left too. I never knew I could articulate negativity without expletives........a new day is dawning for me! *hears birds chirping and sees rainbows* :twisted: :lol:

My other place user ID is "Thundercatroar2099" if you guys want to look it up and check out the carnage/who to avoid.

Anyhoo...thank you Sideways, Dinobot,Hot Shot, and Ramjet for all your help!
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

No prob Roar. Glad to help :wink:
R.I.P. Menasor
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

This is a helpful topic. In all the time I've bought items from sellers on Ebay, I've only been stiffed twice. Both times they at first sent responses back to my inquires as to when my purchase was. Then they quit responding back. I tried to be patience and understanding b/c they would give similiar reasons like the one gave Roar. But ebay and Paypal only give you so many days to file a dispute. And even that doesn't always get the seller to follow thru. But I have had several others where the threat of dispute lit a fire under them and I got my item or my full amount of money back.

I pride myself on having a great positive feedback rating. I only have one neutral rating and this was one of the sellers who screwed me over.

There have one or two other purchases where I filed a dispute and the seller came thru and I promised to close out the dipute and give them a positive rating, NOT a great one, but something like" "seller kept his word, thanks."

It is very important to look at the seller's feedback ratings and I usually try and stay with ones I've bought from before. But even with a good rating, it's still no guarantee!

My biggest complain is why some sellers can ship your purchases very fast with in two three days while other take two weeks! When I have shipped out items, I try and ship fast. I can understand that purchases from overseas can take two weeks, but I have had some get here with in a few days.

Great topic. Would love to hear others tell about their experinces good and bad with sellers and your purchases.
Dead End
Targetmaster

Post by Dead End »

I've got one from a sellers perspective.

I sold something about 10 days ago, and the payment was made promptly for the item via paypal, and was cleared (apparently), so the item was dispatched.

Today, I checked my e-mail and I noticed that I had an e-mail from Paypal. Turns out that the 'cleared' payment that had been made has been rejected by the buyers bank, or by them the buyer. I'd had quite a lot of money sitting in my Paypal account, but had withdrawn it last week and now this rejection has subsequently put me in the red (and Paypal want me to pay up!)

After answering a load of questions about the transaction, I now have to sit and wait until Paypal decide what they're going to do about it. This isn't helping me much, as in the meantime, if I want to buy anything Ill have to pay for it other than Paypal as I'll need to clear the debit first before paying for anything.

I kind of think it's a bit naff that Paypal are penalising me (the victim) because of an error at the buyers end, particularly as the item has been dispatched and the buyers left feedback!

I know that ebay and Paypal side with the seller most of the time (well, they would wouldn't they - that's where they make their money) but it really annoys me that I have to put up with this from a buyer.

Anyway, rant over! Roar - hope it all get sorted for you!

Glenn
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

GlennPsychosis wrote: Roar - hope it all get sorted for you!Glenn

I am sorry that you've had problems, Glenn, I full well know that both sides are bound to have trouble. Sellers are doubly stiffed in that ifthey don't recieve payment they are both out of the profit for their item but also a fee for the listing.

At any rate I did get my item from this seller and it was in terrific condition. I am going to earnestly try to keep my word to this seller and see if the people in charge of the other place will remove my feedback.

So thanks everyone again for helping me out. :D
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Glad to hear that everything worked out for you in the end, Roar. :)
It's just too bad that you had to go through all that trouble.
Last edited by Minerva on Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.